WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Fuck Politics!!!!!

Is anyone else fucking sick of bullshit from both parties???? I for one think Kerry and Bush should fight to the death, and the winner not become president. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ferengi

Yay fire!
You mean are we sick of all the mudslinging ads and name calling?
noooooooooooooooooo, never! :rolleyes:

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
staplerplease said:
undefinedundefinedundefined bush and kerry need to just suck each others cox and fucking choke and the jiz....
god I hate newbies..

Anyways, everyone running right now sucks anyways, lets just throw them both into a mud pit with axes and knives hidden in the ground that they have to find and chop each other up with.. See who lives, then we send the winner to the frontline to lead the war like a soldier and not a government dick :D

p99 said:
god I hate newbies..

Anyways, everyone running right now sucks anyways, lets just throw them both into a mud pit with axes and knives hidden in the ground that they have to find and chop each other up with.. See who lives, then we send the winner to the frontline to lead the war like a soldier and not a government dick :D
Well done.

Pachyderm

I really did.
Fuck, it's so stressful to see all those mindless, uneducated idiots that are voting. Please, at least before you vote get caught up on some of the issues, just in case you SOMEHOW missed it in the last four years. Please don't vote a certain way because your parents do or you think one has similar morals to you. DON'T BE THAT NAIVE...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
maybe there should be a test to take b4 voting.. something simple... like name 2 of the 3 branches of government... what is a filibuster... what is a veto... how many Senators does this state have representing it in the Senate... show some pictures of their local reps and pictures of prominent national figures... see if they can name them... and if they fail... they have no business voting...

DanGeo23 said:
maybe there should be a test to take b4 voting.. something simple... like name 2 of the 3 branches of government... what is a filibuster... what is a veto... how many Senators does this state have representing it in the Senate... show some pictures of their local reps and pictures of prominent national figures... see if they can name them... and if they fail... they have no business voting...
i'd get 0%

Pachyderm

I really did.
DanGeo23 said:
I'd get... an 80%... I forgot what a filibuster is.. Needless to say I CAN VOTE!

DanGeo23 said:
Although that type of thing has unfortunately been used in the past to deny rights to certain minorities, I believe it can be useful and even fair when applied to all American voters. Plenty of people of all races would fail, filtering out people who seriously don't know wtf they are even voting for. DanGeo23, I am not a conservative, but I have to say that I agree with you here.
:thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
maybe there should be a test to take b4 voting.. something simple...
Ok mr smarty pants.
DanGeo23 said:
like name 2 of the 3 branches of government...
1. the left. and the right

DanGeo23 said:
what is a filibuster...
2. Something you doo to a nerd in highschool. Then there's the dreaded "Atomic Filibuster.

DanGeo23 said:
what is a veto...
3. That would be an extra on the Sopranos..

DanGeo23 said:
how many Senators does this state have representing it in the Senate...
4. Senators? Heh! That's not even a word!

DanGeo23 said:
show some pictures of their local reps and pictures of prominent national figures...
6. Like Arnold Schwartzenager.......... And Arnold from Different strokes.

DanGeo23 said:
see if they can name them...
5. Now that was a trick question!! We're well aware that their mothers took care of that when they were borne.

DanGeo23 said:
and if they fail... they have no business voting...
That I do agree with. This was really easy stuff. If you can't pass that, yer fuked.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Max said:
4. Senators? Heh! That's not even a word!
yeah it is... its that hockey team from Ottawa...

Great answers.. :thumbsup: I officially declare you competent enough to vote... :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I thought it was the Maple Leaves...

Wait... Maple leaves are running are government?! Shit. Down with maple! Down with maple!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
yeah it is... its that hockey team from Ottawa...

Great answers.. :thumbsup: I officially declare you competent enough to vote... :thumbsup:
All seriousness though. Although voting is a forefather given right, that every free american citizen over the age of 18 posesses; it would be nice if there were some way for us to be sure that each one of us was making an informed decision. I Put it to all of you now, If you know a dumbass that is planning to vote, no matter who they're voting for. Please for the love of al that's holy; discuss it with them. As long as they're voting because that is what they're passionate about I don't care who they vote for, but I would hate to think they're throwing a dart.

MaxPower said:
All seriousness though. Although voting is a forefather given right, that every free american citizen over the age of 18 posesses; it would be nice if there were some way for us to be sure that each one of us was making an informed decision. I Put it to all of you now, If you know a dumbass that is planning to vote, no matter who they're voting for. Please for the love of al that's holy; discuss it with them. As long as they're voting because that is what they're passionate about I don't care who they vote for, but I would hate to think they're throwing a dart.
one reason i didn't vote... i know nothing of what i'm voting for.

Pachyderm

I really did.
In reply to MaxPower: I got in a fight with one of my friends because she is voting for Bush. See, I don't mind people who tell me they are voting for Bush as long as they can tell me reasons why. HER REASONS: "We have different morals" (wrong answer, no matter what a politician says... it's not about morals, there are no morals in politics.) "Well, I can't predict the future" (wrong answer, we can CHANGE the future by being up to date with the issues and voting to change it) "Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see" (let's just wait and see if the world blows up.. then we'll talk about it.) IT'S STUPID. Needless to say I was pissed. I tried to tell her some issues, and she would not listen to me. People who refuse to listen to ideas, opinions or facts are shooting themselves in the foot and abusing their rights as a citizen.
I was at a coffee house in the gay part of town and a man drove by and shouted BUSH/CHENEY '04 in an attempt to, what, keep us down? Humiliate us? Hypothetically, As a straight citizen of the US I would be a lot more worried about education, economy, war and myself than I would be about two people of the same sex loving each other and getting married or partnered-up (how ever you like to call it). There is an underlying problem in the government right now that is not related to same sex marriage. I believe that same sex marraige, abortion, etc. is just a ploy to diverge a more important issue from surfacing. It is to make us miss the big picture, a diversion. I ask that people think about what is more important to the US as a whole, a nation with human beings; To think about what is more benefitial to the people and their jobs, their children, their children's education, their parent's medication, their economy. Stop thinking of what is being shown to you now and discuss it with your friends, teachers, parents.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
IC the same sex marriage thing being brought up so much right now ... as an attempt to maybe slide it past a preoccupied citizenry... I don't think that it is Bush that has put this in the limelight...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Pachyderm said:
In reply to MaxPower: I got in a fight with one of my friends because she is voting for Bush. See, I don't mind people who tell me they are voting for Bush as long as they can tell me reasons why. HER REASONS: "We have different morals" (wrong answer, no matter what a politician says... it's not about morals, there are no morals in politics.) "Well, I can't predict the future" (wrong answer, we can CHANGE the future by being up to date with the issues and voting to change it) "Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see" (let's just wait and see if the world blows up.. then we'll talk about it.) IT'S STUPID. Needless to say I was pissed. I tried to tell her some issues, and she would not listen to me. People who refuse to listen to ideas, opinions or facts are shooting themselves in the foot and abusing their rights as a citizen.
I was at a coffee house in the gay part of town and a man drove by and shouted BUSH/CHENEY '04 in an attempt to, what, keep us down? Humiliate us? Hypothetically, As a straight citizen of the US I would be a lot more worried about education, economy, war and myself than I would be about two people of the same sex loving each other and getting married or partnered-up (how ever you like to call it). There is an underlying problem in the government right now that is not related to same sex marriage. I believe that same sex marraige, abortion, etc. is just a ploy to diverge a more important issue from surfacing. It is to make us miss the big picture, a diversion. I ask that people think about what is more important to the US as a whole, a nation with human beings; To think about what is more benefitial to the people and their jobs, their children, their children's education, their parent's medication, their economy. Stop thinking of what is being shown to you now and discuss it with your friends, teachers, parents.
I agree. In my personal opinion; I would prefer that They not vote for Bush. But I would still rather someone vote for him if they feel strongly for whatever reason is important to them, than someone vote for a particular candidate when they are unsure why they are voteing for them.