WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck the fucking fuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.
today, i was picking up my brother... it was a good day... not too hot, not too cold... had a little race with a civic... the driver was some hot asian chick... so, i pick up my brother and i'm driving down 88th avenue... everything was fine... then the car just lost all power. for no fucking reason, it just died. so, i pulled to the side of the road, checked under the hood, everything looked fine... so, i go to canadian tire... i'm told it's possibly the althernator, which would cost about 500 bucks to replace... they said they'd call a tow truck to tow it there... told me to call them at 3, so i did. They said they haven't recieved it... told me to call the fucking tow truck to bring it, so i did... another 75 bucks. so i'm without a fucking vehicle until tomorrow, i gotta work at 7, so i gotta get picked up, which is just fucking annoying, cause i like doing my own driving... i just hope my car's at canadian tire tomorrow or i'll be fucking pissed off.

people suck.

morelos

lexicon incognito
your alternator dying should not make the car immediately lose power. it's probably something simple like the fusible link or a ground wire came loose. typically with an alternator failure you'll have an indicator for a long time before it actually stops, because its charging capacity will fail incrementally. or if it breaks suddenly, you get an indicator and the car will still run until the battery dies.

did your car have an idiot light on?

~ dan ~

My car died, too. But it wasn't in the middle of the street or anything unfortunate like that. I just pulled it into a parking space, went into the store, came out, tried to start it...nothing happend... The battery was just dead. Deader than dead. I never changed the battery before and I've had this car for about 5 years. Ha... It must've slipped my mind. But my car is ok now. Yay! :thumbsup: I heart my Civic. :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Unforgiven said:
turns out my water pump and timing belt are broken. woo fucking hoo.
timing belts snappin always shut your car the fuck up.

Honda's make good cars too. I was thinking about buying a honda, but then i realized i didnt have any money for another car, so I walk everywhere.

Next thing you know, you're going to turn the ignition and CLANK! There goes the transmission, engine block, front and back bumper, battery, side mirrors, hub caps, the am/fm button on the radio, the body in your trunk, and your glove box... not to mention that a spring your passenger seat has been removed and destroyed on by several of your friends on charges of aggravated rape and battery.

Made in Taiwan.

Jaymes said:
Next thing you know, you're going to turn the ignition and CLANK! There goes the transmission, engine block, front and back bumper, battery, side mirrors, hub caps, the am/fm button on the radio, the body in your trunk, and your glove box... not to mention that a spring your passenger seat has been removed and destroyed on by several of your friends on charges of aggravated rape and battery.

Made in Taiwan.
no, actually, it's a japanese car :p

i almost got in an accident on friday, though... it was funny... i almost died.

fucking people doing U-turns right in the middle of the fucking road.

bitches.

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
Bullshyt said:
I like my uncle's 2000 Chevy Blazer, its a good car.
my uncle has a delorean, for all of u non car people its an irish car made out of stainless steel, doesnt have paint, and was the car in back to the future

it gets about 24 miles a gallon in the city and ive been 160 in the car. . .

that defines great car

morelos

lexicon incognito
chubz said:
my uncle has a delorean, for all of u non car people its an irish car made out of stainless steel, doesnt have paint, and was the car in back to the future

it gets about 24 miles a gallon in the city and ive been 160 in the car. . .

that defines great car
what the fuck are you talking about?

a stock delorean has a 2.8L v6 engine. that's roughly 170 cubic inches. it's

a stock delorean produces 130 horsepower AT THE CRANK. my toyota prius four-door hybrid-drivetrain sedan makes 144 hp. remember, you lose 10% of your horsepower just turning the drivetrain. you think my prius goes faster than 102? nope. and it struggles to get there.

a stock delorean produces 153 lbft of torque, also at the crank. that's right on par with a 4 cylinder honda accord.

anything other than a go-cart is not going to reach 160mph with engine output like that.

time for one of these: :bs:

unless, of course, the car is not stock. has it been weight reduced? has it been supercharged? does he have nitrous? etc..

i'm not saying a delorean is condemned to be slow, but i am saying they were slow out of the box. anyone can fix up a car to go fast. :p

check out a turbo supra or 3000gt vr-4 some time. lower, wider, heavier, faster, more comfortable, more creature comforts, and still getting 30mpg out of a 3L 6cyl engine.

my mustang gets 6-8 mpg, but it will reach that 160mph mark you're talking about from zero in 13 seconds flat.

from the guy who grew up with a wrench in his hand and that's the only reason he's close to his dad: :bs:

~ dan ~

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
the car is stock but some one along the line who he bought it from fucked with the engine thing in the back, and its a custom motor from some guy with the first name of dan. . .

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
morelos said:
check out a turbo supra or 3000gt vr-4 some time. lower, wider, heavier, faster, more comfortable, more creature comforts, and still getting 30mpg out of a 3L 6cyl engine.

my mustang gets 6-8 mpg, but it will reach that 160mph mark you're talking about from zero in 13 seconds flat.

from the guy who grew up with a wrench in his hand and that's the only reason he's close to his dad: :bs:

~ dan ~
my volvo station wagon goes zero to forty in about thirty seconds
its a fucking beast

morelos

lexicon incognito
chubz said:
the car is stock but some one along the line who he bought it from fucked with the engine thing in the back, and its a custom motor from some guy with the first name of dan. . .
then it's not stock, is it? when talking about cars, we say something is "stock" if it is unchanged from how it was produced. now, we can specify: "that engine's not stock," or we can generalize: "the car is bone stock." i assume what you meant to say was "the engine's not stock but the rest of the car is."

:p i take back my aggression, but i bet you see where i was coming from. i've lost races to people who say "oh my car is stock" when actually there's a 225 shot of NOS in it. i've also lost shows to people who register HIGHLY MODIFIED cars into "stock" categories. man, nothing gets my goat more than that.

chubz said:
my volvo station wagon goes zero to forty in about thirty seconds
its a fucking beast
i love those cars though. check this one out. that's the same block i have in my 12 second mustang. i dunno if my car is more hyped up, though; i get 408hp / 384 tq at the wheels.

~ dan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.