WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Fuck the news.

Man. The news fucking sucks ass. I'm sick of people watching with gaping mouths at all of the aches and pains of other people. That's entertainment? People get off, every evening at ten, or eleven at night, to a daily dose of of crap. A daily documentary, of our failures. No wonder people are scared of this planet, and sit at home in front of their computers bitching about everything. We're reminded of it everyday.

My recommendation, watch the weather, then turn on PeeWee's MotherFucking Playhouse if you want to see something pitiful and frightening.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
People enjoy the news because it makes their lives look better. Th3y can watch the news and say: "At least I'm not that poor AT&T call center Tech that was murdered by an angry Systems Engineer". :sword:

Indeed. One's life would look much better sitting at home comfortably on their couch gorging themselves on any type of food in chunky arms reach. Just as long as someone else other than them, has their body spread out along a one mile stretch of road, there's plenty of reason to continue watching.

Then, once reality sets in, and people discover shit like that really does happen to you, it's a bit hard to handle. No one ends up crazy right away. It's an aquired trait. Depending on who you are, sometimes the news is like watching home videos. And sometimes crazy isn't what people think it is.

But who am I to judge. I enjoy the news sometimes.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
People enjoy the news because it makes their lives look better. Th3y can watch the news and say: "At least I'm not that poor AT&T call center Tech that was murdered by an angry Systems Engineer". :sword:
Yes, System Engineers ARE the worst....