WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck thieves!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just lost my binder, with all my work, and my scientific calculator.

The worst item lost?

A $150 Ti-83 Plus Silver Edition graphing calculator. There is no way in hell I'm getting another pricey one.

UPDATE: No TI-83 stolen. Sweet.

Woot. TI-82. Downgrading RULES! Same shit, except with a slower Zilog Z80 CPU, and a blue ultra-passive screen. Word. At least the screen is still the same WHOPPING 96x64 resolution!

How the fuck can TI charge so much for such pieces of shit? The Z80 was cutting edge back in what, 1983? And I don't think a 96x64 LCD screen, 24K of RAM, and an AMAZING 1MB of flash memory justify the "old" TI-83+ SE's $150 price tag. I really want a TI-89, it has killer games; but I refuse to pay that much for what is a crippled 1984 Macintosh.

http://usedcalculators.com/tiproducts.php

http://usedcalculators.com/TI-82prodpagewhite.php

sinned_girl

Every boys toy
Hm...sorry to heat that...bummer.

Suppose you can learn a lesson from it though...keep better track of your belongings. :rolleyes:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fucking backpack zipper broke after 18 years. Yes, the backpack is older than me.

Word. I just ordered another LL Bean. They pay for themselves.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
A $150 Ti-83... There is no way in hell I'm getting another pricey one.
Wait until you get to college and the 83 and 85s are required. ;)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
A $150 Ti-83 Plus Silver Edition graphing calculator. There is no way in hell I'm getting another pricey one.

HAHAHA. You got your nuts ripped off.

Wait. What I mean is that you paid way too much for your calculator. My TI-89 Titanium (which does everything humanly possible) cost me $150 at Target. Apparently, you need to learn how to shop around for calculators. :thumbsup:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...833586-4163008?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0001EMLZ2

Congrats on not losing your current calculator, though. :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Missles said:
HAHAHA. You got your nuts ripped off.

Wait. What I mean is that you paid way too much for your calculator. My TI-89 Titanium (which does everything humanly possible) cost me $150 at Target. Apparently, you need to learn how to shop around for calculators.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...asin=B0001EMLZ2

Congrats on not losing your current calculator, though.

This calculator was purchased back in Summer '03...I got it for $130 with rebates.

Yes, thieves suck.

Especially the ones who stole my car along with about 50 CD's.

Janglenut

Particinator
I got my calculator, same one as yours,
for a whopping 40 bucks.

You guys need to bargain shop.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Go to the pawn shop by the dope houses and the school. You can find all kinds of good deals, or just ask your local crackhead where to get one and tell him you have cash.

Car Thieves

I hate people who steal. :mad: I have been the victim of many thieves and vandals. My old car was broken into through the key slot. I had 200 dollars worth the audio stuff stolen. It was egg three times and driver side window broken once. My brothers truck was broken into too. His and my cousins cds were stolen about 300 dollars. My new car had its window broken too. I had enough and put in an alarm. If I catch the SOB, I leave leave him in the street, bloody and broken. :gun:

thieves rule

thives are people too but to them stealing is like work so just let them work some where else

Easty

Click click boom
i know what you're talking about though. back in grade school i had my 2 favorite nintendo powers stolen. just this past year i had my CD player stolen, it fucking blew. they stole my $80 CD player, my $20 headphones and my favorite CD inside (Page Avenue- Story of the Year). i was so fucking pissed. :mad:

junglizm said:
Wait until you get to college and the 83 and 85s are required. ;)
im in college and the only one i used was a $80 TI-83 Plus.

and the other reason i dont fear thieves is that i caught a thief and dropped him to the floor and he was the only thief in school and every one saw so they all kept an eye on him

Fire_ze_Missles said:
My headunit cost more than your entire system; sweet. :thumbsup:
Fuck thats my old system. I now have a 450 dollar head unit, $500 amp, $400 subs and $200 speakers. Fuck you. SWEET

Head Unit Alpine, Subwoofers Alpine type S dual coil, Directed Amp, and 4 infinity Kappa 6 1/2

wow. how are you so rich? Geez. anyways we got alot of kids down here that steal stuff too. Especially out of lockers and shit. They apparently know how to open the locker, without touching the lock.. (interesting..) All my friends shit was stolen, and the lock was remained a virgin. :happysad: