Fuck You, Dialup!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Um...

Holy shit. Wow...

That has to be a the most potent cocktail of viruses, hard disk fragmentation, and spyware I have ever seen! 48 minutes to get on the internet is deplorable.

Reformat and reinstall. It will be quicker than getting all the crap off your system. Be selfish and FUCK your family's data. Don't have Windows? Can't afford it? Download the free Windows Server 2003 Trial Version (the only free version of Windows). It will run for six months before you will have to buy it (NOTE: IT COSTS $500-3000). After that, you can buy 2000 or XP, or just reinstall again and be cheap. If you have XP, you can only install it on one machine. This will run on as many machines as you want.

Get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/trialsoftware/default.mspx

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

Windows Server 2003 IS A SERVER OS. You will have to set it up to perform in day-to-day computing environments. It only takes about 5 minutes, so don't fret. The guide is here:

http://win2k3.msfn.org/

Have fun with a clean machine after you reinstall. It will run faster than ever, I can assure you that.

I assume you have a CD-Burner? If you don't, I could always mail you a Windows Server Trial disk...PM me if you need me to mail you the disk.

Descent

Hella Constipated
How to reinstall...

First, burn the Windows Server 2003 ISO file to a CD using Nero, Disc Juggler, or Easy CD Creator. Next, Turn off the fucked up PC, turn it on, and put in the Windows Server CD before it starts up. You will see a blue screen, that has some text on it...Follow the propts, do what they say. When it asks you to upgrade or do a new install, do a new install...then when it asks you what drive to install to, format the drive using the installer as NTFS. Then, tell it where you want to install Windows, and compute away! Wait for it to finish installing. When it asks you to activate it, use the CD Key Microsoft gave you (They only have one CD Key that they use for the Windows Server 2003 Trial, so I would be able to post it on this forum, right? It wouldn't be piracy...It's the free CD-Key they provide with every copy of Windows Server 2003, and it is universal for every Trial version out there). Have fun with your sexy new working PC!

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
huh?

Fourples said:
Actually, I have dsl downstairs. Unfortunately, I live with retards that unplug the DSL at night and turn the monitor to the wall so it can't spy on us.
WTF!!! spy on you this the most retarded thing i've ever heard. Fuck.. some people

</rant>

Tenderony
Get a wireless router and a wireless card. Or put sims on the old pc.

I have 5 machines running off my 512 connection. Obviously not all at the same time, but each has broadband when they want it.

</rant>

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
jstager said:
Windows Server 2003 Trial Version (the only free version of Windows).
im thinking this is an old machine...whats her hardware setup like?...she might not be able to install it..depening on win2k3server requirements...and if youre able to it might be slow as hell....good luck..

extremepilot

Go jerk off or something
Bullshyt said:
I feel your pain, I have aol, its hell, aol is just a bunch of fucking bastards!!!!!!! :mfinger:
LOL, holy fuck
whoever convined you to connect to AOL is a omgwtftotalfagass
yea
AOL sucks
its a fact

Jung

???
Premium
mariusthegreat said:
im thinking this is an old machine...whats her hardware setup like?...she might not be able to install it..depening on win2k3server requirements...and if youre able to it might be slow as hell....good luck..
i'm still wondreing why anyone would reccomend a server os to an average user for use as a desktop. first thing she'll be on here asking is how to get rid of the "manage your server" window that pops up on every boot etc. imo i don't see why anyone would use a server as a desktop, xp pro runs fine, ti's stable (at least for me) and doesn't have the added bloat, resource req of server2k3.