WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming Fuck you Epic Games!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just want to fucking kill these little shits right now...

I am planning on having a LAN party for my birthday...I decide that we should play the original Unreal Tournament, so that my spare box could run it for my friend who doesn't have a computer.

Well...Now I am on the brink of insanity...Fucking Epic Games wrote the world's SHITTIEST OpenGL/Direct3D drivers for this fucking game. It is COMPLETELY unplayable on a TNT2. I just fucking want to torture them...Now I have to spend more fucking money just so that I can have a box that can play UT.

Any ideas? I've tried diffrerent driver builds, Epic Games' files, everything. These people can suck my dick as far as I am concerned.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Why the hell would you play that.. Get COD, CS, DOD, HL, or any of the Quakes except for the first one.. Jesus man original Unreal sucks..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
take an old play station or nintendo controller, and run the cable behind your TV. Then pop in a star wars DVD/Video tape, and tell him he's playing as Luke Skywalker. After a couple hours you can tell him he owned you (say you were darth vader) and he'll be happy. He'll never know the difference. :thumbsup:

As far as the TNT2 driver, you may be able to find an alternate at www.driverguide.com

Jung

???
Premium
p99 said:
Why the hell would you play that.. Get COD, CS, DOD, HL, or any of the Quakes except for the first one.. Jesus man original Unreal sucks..
quake 1 rocks, what are you talking about?

jstager said:

I am planning on having a LAN party for my birthday...I decide that we should play the original Unreal Tournament, so that my spare box could run it for my friend who doesn't have a computer.

Well...Now I am on the brink of insanity...Fucking Epic Games wrote the world's SHITTIEST OpenGL/Direct3D drivers for this fucking game. It is COMPLETELY unplayable on a TNT2. I just fucking want to torture them...Now I have to spend more fucking money just so that I can have a box that can play UT.

Any ideas? I've tried diffrerent driver builds, Epic Games' files, everything. These people can suck my dick as far as I am concerned.
i like how you blame the game and not the card. ideas's use your good computer for the gaming. www.video-driver.com might be of some help also.

Signify

Particinator
MaxPower said:
take an old play station or nintendo controller, and run the cable behind your TV. Then pop in a star wars DVD/Video tape, and tell him he's playing as Luke Skywalker. After a couple hours you can tell him he owned you (say you were darth vader) and he'll be happy. He'll never know the difference. :thumbsup:

As far as the TNT2 driver, you may be able to find an alternate at www.driverguide.com
hahahaha.....oh man that is great.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Man...that's funny MaxPower.

Anyway...If you do some digging on the net, there are a million people who are complaining about this...

Also, I'm just going to have a JDoom LAN party. it will be much more original than just your average LAN party. I plan to crank up Nirvana on the stereo, put some retro decorations up, and it wll be just like 1993 :).

Oh yeah...uh huh...I forgot. My shrink is giving me his daughters old computer (Monitor, keyboard, tower, and all), and I am going to use that at the LAN party too. It is a circa 1998-99 Compaq Presario (They actually work pretty well if you put a non-Compaq version of Windows on there. They are stable as a rock then.).

In the event it has shit video, I can just stick my old 8MB PCI Rage Pro in there. I've used that thing before for JDoom, it runs okay.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Presario cases. They are my absolute favorite cases on the market. The ones from 1998 on used standard parts (I'm pretty sure that this one uses mATX/BAT), so you could always put a new mobo in there, and cut a hole in the side. BAM! Modded Presario.

Ynow ur gay when...You have a fucking LAN party--instead of wasting your money on that shit buy a keg and invite everyone to some random nearby park and get yourself laid then youll forget all about your fucking computer which till that moment probably controls your sad excuse of a life. FAGGOT

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
please keep the personal flaming to B&T...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Some Ignorant Moron said:
Ynow ur gay when...You have a fucking LAN party--instead of wasting your money on that shit buy a keg and invite everyone to some random nearby park and get yourself laid then youll forget all about your fucking computer which till that moment probably controls your sad excuse of a life. FAGGOT
Sorry, I'm not some dumb mainstream, ignorant teeanger like yourself. Also, that's having no life by your standards. Fuck teenages, they suck cock. I'm glad I'm not like most of them.

I hope you have fun working at a gas station when you get older, you slapnuts donkey.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jstager said:

Whatever happened to cake and icecream? damn, I AM getting old.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Whatever happened to condoms? They went out of style as did Smokey's ingorance...oh wait, my bad, that's still common in American teenagers today.

UPDATE: Yeah, it turns out the original Unreal engine has shitty Direct3D and OpenGL drivers. At the time, they guy who coded the engine was better at Glide than both of those.