WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck You LIPA!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fucking LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) bastards. We have had two fucking two second outages today, and one power sag that freaked out my UPS so much that it quit out and turned off all power to every device hooked up to it.

Fuck these big power companies. How fucking hard is it to give reliable power to your customers?! What everyone needs in this country is a private fuel cell generator for your house and no more fucking power lines. Of course, since the government is always afraid of change in America (Just look at the Automobile and Vonage VoIP telephones), that will most likely never happen, and they will stick by these corporate fat cats who keep destroying our electronics.

Pieces of shit. BURN, YOU GREEDY ASSHOLES!

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Such anger..

Most companies are retarded like that anyways.. Sucks about the power thing though..

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
hey my power went out this morning also for like 30 minutes..no reason either, sunny weather no storms...wtheck?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah...Power companies really seem to like fucking with their customers...

In thirty years, we will all be using fuel cell generators anyway. At least we know that these evil bastard companies' reigns will end soon enough.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
here i go
1)power companies are big
2)yet not big enough to get energy to 1 million or more people..
3)its a hard job
4)energy takes long to make
5)electricity is very hard to send out to 20 trillion ports to get to consumers
6)stop bitching

[logan]

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
jstager said:
Of course, since the government is always afraid of change in America (Just look at the Automobile and Vonage VoIP telephones), that will most likely never happen, and they will stick by these corporate fat cats who keep destroying our electronics.
yeah its called capitalism...which means...an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods and by prices, production, and distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

in other words the government isn't in control of business, the only way the government can become involved is if a big business is monopolizing the indusrty that it is associated with. If the government was in control of everything it would be comunisim which is bad so stop your bitching and get over it.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Hypertron said:
yeah its called capitalism...which means...an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods and by prices, production, and distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market

in other words the government isn't in control of business, the only way the government can become involved is if a big business is monopolizing the indusrty that it is associated with. If the government was in control of everything it would be comunisim which is bad so stop your bitching and get over it.
big words...........my brain itchs...............brain fart.........ah...why put the real definition in that no-one will know what it means

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Skyline-Cobra said:
big words...........my brain itchs...............brain fart.........ah...why put the real definition in that no-one will know what it means
ok let me sum it up...businesses control price and ajust prices due to competition, government dosn't have any say in that until one business becomes all powerful and starts buying the smaller less powerful ones and then can raise the price to whatever they want because they have monopolized the industry.

shep

Local alcoholic
Ah, good ole capitalism :punch:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Hypertron said:
ok let me sum it up...businesses control price and ajust prices due to competition, government dosn't have any say in that until one business becomes all powerful and starts buying the smaller less powerful ones and then can raise the price to whatever they want because they have monopolized the industry.
thank you i was just cunfuzzled....i'm not a moron i know you were thinking it

Pidgeon182

Bird of the Week
No matter where you go you will have to deal with caplitalism. I hate it as much as anybody else, but atleast we do have the luxury of electricity.

magnolia

Postaholic
I live in such a rural area that it used to be if the power went out it was out for a week or two. Fuck the electric company. At least now we usually have power again by the end of the day. Although, not always.