WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Fuck You, Ralph Nader!!!!

What an asshat!!!! The man has done some excellent things over the course of his lifetime, yet the only thing he has been good for over last few years is lessening the Democrats' chance of winning!!! We get the fucking point!!! Please do not run!!!! OMFG!!!!!!! Why, Nader, why!?!?!!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mfinger: :mfinger: :mfinger:

Pachyderm

I really did.
TheGunslinger85 said:
What an asshat!!!! The man has done some excellent things over the course of his lifetime, yet the only thing he has been good for over last few years is lessening the Democrats' chance of winning!!! We get the fucking point!!! Please do not run!!!! OMFG!!!!!!! Why, Nader, why!?!?!!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mfinger: :mfinger: :mfinger:
Talk about being an asshat. Ralph Nader has been a part of giving America 3 parties, instead of this two party system. I mean, it's pretty shitty that America has to choose between 2 people no one really likes.
The problem you are seeing is not Ralph Nader, it's the stupid people voting for him in the wrong states. I live in California and if I were registered here, I would vote for him. WHY? Because California is already a democratic state, and Kerry would win its vote anyway. If I were to vote for Nader, I would be giving him a certain percentage of the vote so he is funded and able to run next year, giving America more choices. The people you are TRYING to talk about, are the people in republican states, such as Ohio, where I am registered to vote, who vote independent.
Bush actually supports Nader in states like those because he knows who votes for Nader. Republicans tend to only vote for republicans. Democrats either vote democrat, independent or none at all. So who is voting for Nader? Dumbass Democrats in republican states. So it's not that Nader is a dumbass... I'm going to go ahead and say IT'S AMERICA! Needless to say, as I am registered in Ohio, I will vote Kerry, not independent.

tzedek

Original Member
i was going to vote for Nader until i found out that Maine is going to be close this year... my reasoning was that if Kerry wins i could complain about things he does becuase i didnt vote for him. Oh well.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If you vote for Kerry and he wins, you have even more right to complain... because he isn't living up to your expectations as president.

Republicans aren't even bullshitting about this. They're trying to get Nader on the ballot, because they know that they can drive a wedge through the liberal left. It tears my heart out...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
TheGunslinger85 said:
What an asshat!!!! The man has done some excellent things over the course of his lifetime, yet the only thing he has been good for over last few years is lessening the Democrats' chance of winning!!! We get the fucking point!!! Please do not run!!!! OMFG!!!!!!! Why, Nader, why!?!?!!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mfinger:
Ummm, yeah, trying to prove that he can give George 4 more years...

Pachyderm said:
The people you are TRYING to talk about, are the people in republican states, such as Ohio, where I am registered to vote, who vote independent.
Sorry, but I believe you are mistaken. The people who vote for Nader are going to be the ULTRA liberals, who otherwise would have voted Democrat. The moderates who tend to vote Independent are not going to vote Nader.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
But Ralph Nader isn't even endorsed by the Green Party this year. I read somewhere that he's running for the reform party. The same party with Ross Perot and ultracool Pat Buchanan. Why waste a vote on Nader when his "par
ty" (the Green Party) won't even benefit this year. More votes for the Green Party would have helped in 2000 but it won't help now because he's in the Reform Party. Oh well...just keep it simple and vote for the guy that has the greatest chance in beating Bush

Pachyderm

I really did.
People this year hate both candidates more than any year. So the democrats that don't want to vote for any but will vote anyway, will inevitably vote for Nader. Don't give me the shit about ultra liberals, you've got a lot more than that to worry about. Worry about the dems who aren't voting at all or who are voting for an alternative this year.

Pachyderm said:
Worry about the dems who aren't voting at all or who are voting for an alternative this year.

That is exactly wtf I'm talking about!!!! The people who you say "hate both candidates" are NOT likely to vote for a radical like Nader.

And what do you mean by voting for an "alternative"? Nader IS the alternative, and will receive votes from ultra liberal anti-war types.

By all means, if you live in a strongly Dem. State, vote Nader. But if you live in Ohio, a vote for Nader's liberal policy is a vote for Bush's neo-con policy.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I'm saying it's not only ultra liberal people who do it. It's people who don't like either candidate (who are most likely democrat). If you are repoublican and you don't like Bush, you'll vote for him anyway. If you are a democrat, you're probably anti-war or anti-this-war. I hate the anti-liberal people. Half of the people who say they hate liberals don't know what the fuck they are talking about. And as I have mentioned before, it's just label for those who most closely identify to pick. What do you have against them?

Whoa, hold on there. I almost am a liberal. I'm just saying that I don't think a Republican who doesn't vote for Bush will vote for Kerry, assuming this Republican we are speaking of knows anything about Nader. (Pulling out of Iraq, Healthcare, etc.)

In terms of classifying people, I really don't like Ultra liberals or Ultra conservatives. If I had to classify myself, I would say somewhere between Moderate and Liberal, probably leaning a bit towards the left.

Pachyderm

I really did.
What has to be done.. I think here... Is instead of stopping the people from voting Nader from voting for him... is to stop the people who would normally vote for Bush who are iffy from voting at all. Liberals aren't anybody's problem this year because.. This year, if they are smart... they wont vote independent. Nader didn't even make it on the ballot in some states, showing that not many people will vote for him.

Pachyderm said:
This year, if they are smart... they wont vote independent.

Yes, this is the KEY FACTOR. We had hoped that they would vote that way last time. It is possible, and quite likely that some who voted for him last time will now vote Dem. However, I cannot help but be horrified when I see that he has 3-4 percent of the popular vote. Once again, though, I have to say that I think, with the country as polarized as it is, no independent voters who know anything about Nader will vote for him. I would like to think that liberals would realize that voting for Nader puts them in danger of another 4 years of Bush, yet I am afraid that we may be overestimating them. That is me, though. And as you may have surmised, I am quite the pessimist. ;)

Pachyderm

I really did.
Last election.. Gore one by half a million votes.. I don't think anybody's vote makes a difference.. a little while back I threw in the towel concerning Kerry. I'm pretty sure that all the morons will vote this year. I guess I'm going to go hide in a hole for the next four years, because Bush is probably coming after me next.
Fuck Bush.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
Last election.. Gore one by half a million votes.. I don't think anybody's vote makes a difference.. a little while back I threw in the towel concerning Kerry. I'm pretty sure that all the morons will vote this year. I guess I'm going to go hide in a hole for the next four years, because Bush is probably coming after me next.
Fuck Bush.
Don't get apathetic, go with the lesser of 2 evils...

Unfortunately, our system requires that the people who make it to office be dishonest, deal-making, money-raising panderes. It's not great, but it is what we have. I don't know how to fix it either...