WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuck...

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#1
Well, 1 month of me having my first car, and its totaled. Good Job me. It was all my fault too, so I'm not blaming anyone, but its just... damn. I was going down one of those quiet, forresty streets with no shoulder or anything like that, and I was speeding (55 mph), and being the stupid kid I am, I kept speeding, even untill a turn was coming up. So, I see myself inching into the oncoming lane, and started to break (first stupid mistake). Then, I started to skid, badly. I turn, and my side of the car, is heading straight for a pole, but all I do is sit there, and look (my back wheels are now on gravel, while my front wheels are on pavement, and I have front wheel drive). I keep my foot on the break (second stupid mistake). I'm wondering if I would have floored my gas, then I woulda pulled outa the slide, but have my rear bumper face that light pole? Oh well, I'm a dumbass. All I'm happy about is that I'm alive, and that I'm proud that I learned more in 20 minutes, than most people do in all their lives.
 
685
0
0
#2
Binarycow said:
... All I'm happy about is that I'm alive, and that I'm proud that I learned more in 20 minutes, than most people do in all their lives.
I suppose that really has yet to be seen :)
That's one of the problems people have with kids and cars/motorcycles. Carelessness is all fine and good when the only person you hurt is yourself...it would have been a whole other story if there'd been a mom and her baby on the way to the store in the other lane. Hope you really did learn something :)
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#3
FlipTheState said:
I suppose that really has yet to be seen :)
Carelessness is all fine and good when the only person you hurt is yourself...it would have been a whole other story if there'd been a mom and her baby on the way to the store in the other lane. :)
So very true. I'm glad that no one was on that road.
 
4,020
0
36
#4
Well, atleast you're okay, right?

That still sucks, though.

My first car was cursed! Seriously. It was in no less than 6 accidents within the course of 2 years. (2 of them were my fault). Whether major or minor, car accidents really blow.

Sorry about your luck. :happysad:
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#5
Yeah, I'm fine. Looks like someone punched me in the eye, and my hand, and right arm are a little sore, but I'm fine. :happysad:
 

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
7,550
262
302
#6
That really sucks Binarycow, I'm glad nobody else was involved in the accident! I'm glad you learned something because speed kills. Good luck in the future and with your next car!
 

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
1,723
3
38
#7
Binarycow said:
Well, 1 month of me having my first car, and its totaled. Good Job me. It was all my fault too, so I'm not blaming anyone, but its just... damn. I was going down one of those quiet, forresty streets with no shoulder or anything like that, and I was speeding (55 mph), and being the stupid kid I am, I kept speeding, even untill a turn was coming up. So, I see myself inching into the oncoming lane, and started to break (first stupid mistake). Then, I started to skid, badly. I turn, and my side of the car, is heading straight for a pole, but all I do is sit there, and look (my back wheels are now on gravel, while my front wheels are on pavement, and I have front wheel drive). I keep my foot on the break (second stupid mistake). I'm wondering if I would have floored my gas, then I woulda pulled outa the slide, but have my rear bumper face that light pole? Oh well, I'm a dumbass. All I'm happy about is that I'm alive, and that I'm proud that I learned more in 20 minutes, than most people do in all their lives.
:pics: Just out of curiosity...
 

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
159
0
0
#8
I'll try to get a digital camera, and get pics on as soon as possible.
 

Janglenut

Particinator
863
0
0
#9
zoloftcasserole said:
Well, atleast you're okay, right?

That still sucks, though.

My first car was cursed! Seriously. It was in no less than 6 accidents within the course of 2 years. (2 of them were my fault). Whether major or minor, car accidents really blow.

Sorry about your luck. :happysad:
Goddamn....
 

Bill_Gates

Lord of Bad Posting...
35
0
0
#10
I think with Front whell drive there would of been a 50/50 Chance of avoding it...But your first stupid mistake was doing 55 Around the turn....Next time try at least 25-35...Mabye even less that that...
 

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
2,902
57
112
#11
Sorry to hear about this and glad your allright. I took a driving corse when i i was 16 to learn about controling a car in those situations, and, stepping on the gas wont have helped you but easing off the brake might have. You were still driving too fast. The only thing worse that this is a friend of mine went to lease a mustang and got killed on his way home from the dealer ship in it. He wanted to see what it had, then boom. I have been driving for a long time and have had one accedent, 1 moving violation, and 2 parking tickets(like they matter.) And my first car i killed it on a jeep trail on purpose :D That was fun. I glad your still here and i hope this wasn't an extreemly expensive mistake. Have fun but do it in a safe place.
 

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
7,529
28
142
#12
My first car caught on fire. Don't know how. Went into the mall, bought some pants, came back out and the fucker was lit up like a bonfire.

I didn't learn anything though.

Glad you're alive and didn't kill anyone else. Driver safer next time. Or slow down sooner.