WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuckin RAID

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Well, after I was unsuccessful with my first attempt, I, like the computer n00b I am, tried yet again and again and again and again to install Windows XP on a bootable RAID array. After deleting all partitions on each individual hard drive, and deleting the partition on the array, I think I have all the Bios settings correct, I changed the boot-up sequence to 1: CD, 2: Floppy, 3: Hard drive. I press F6 at the beginning of the windows start-up screen. I select the two drivers from the floppy supplied by the MoBo manufacturer, windows starts to install, says it needs to reboot, and that's where stuff goes screwy. When it tries to reboot, it just ends up saying Verifying Pool data or something like that and just sits there, and If I boot with the CD it asks if I want to install a second installation of windows. I think I may be not completely emptying the hard drives, before installing Windows, and I was wondering how I would make sure the drives are empty by using a Windows XP boot disk made on my mom's computer, and the Windows XP Professional install CD.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
just drop into chat: /join #wtf.com I do this all day long. You can listen to all the other know it all's or just get it done right.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Thanks to a magikal tech support experiecne, I now have Windows XP Professional installed on a RAID array. :woot: It wasn't as hard to do as I was making it out to be. :thumbsup: Having to think sucks alot. :thumbsdn: