WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fuckin School!!!

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#1
Ok, so basketball season has ended at my school and volleyball is starting. I need an after school sport so I figure I'd do it. My mom fills out all the papers and makes an appointment for a physical, but what happens? My grades get involved. Now, I absolutely suck at Math, and am currently failing. The teacher himself said that the first chapter was harder than all the others anyways! But, nevertheless, he told one of my friends he couldn't make the team because of his F, and my mom assumed hes they won't accept me. Now, I agree that this is how school is, and if you do bad academically your privelidges are taken away. I understand this, it's how they are taking this whole thing. The second and theird and so on chapters in my math textbook are easier than the first, so why don't they see how I do this trimester and by the middle of it, make the desicions. Second, this hardly makes a difference in college, for it doesn't come for a while. Third, my mom and dad are making a big deal out of the fact that I can't play volleyball because my grades are bad, and never cared very much before about my F before this whole volleyball thing came into the picture. Lastly, I don't care if I do volleyball or not, honestly, I have a subscription for my gym, better off just doing that, sheesh. I don't care people! I just don't give a fuck!

Sorry if I sound a little closed-minded and arrogant..and lazy and stupid...

but I'm just speaking my mind.
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#2
You're not sounding arrogant at all...
If you don't care much for volleyball - don't do it. I have never played a school sport in my life. I didn't even take gym in highschool...

I DDR a lot. (Dance Dance Revolution)... Keeps me in shape. I took health for the gym credit (which I learned a fucking lot in - helped me a ton in biology as well) ... I am in the debate club for an extracurricular (although I could care less for school activities, it looks good on a resume)

Why did you need to take volleyball?
 

CVN70

That's CPT. Forge to you!
49
0
0
#3
I prefer G-Forces for my workout. :thumbsup:

Anyway school sucks dude yeah, I know. I never knew the answer in French and ended up failing the class and not getting the credit. Screw volleyball, why are you taking an after school sport? Who needs it.
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#4
Yeah, but I just thought it would be good for me to have an after-school sport. Besides, my friends said volleyball would be "a blast."

BTW- It's also does good for.."the ladies" if you do a sport. Or at least go to gym, like I am now gonna do (and have been doing).

In short, all my friends do sports, and it would be good for me, if wasn't for the pesky math homework.
 

Swid

Mentally Incarcerated
612
3
16
#5
They usually let you play sports if you have a 2.0 GPA. 1 F shouldn't bring it that far low if you have some good grades as well.

I play Soccer, Field Hockey, and Volleyball for the school, but this is the first year that I don't have P.E. I suck at DDR... I also did debate and foreinsics(sp?) The worst grade I've had is a D, but they still let me do all that. The school system is shitty about grades and sports, but they seem to think you should use the time to study rather than participate.
 

CVN70

That's CPT. Forge to you!
49
0
0
#6
Hmm.. Not sure what's happenin' today but in my day chicks went after the football players and looked down on the volleyballers. You should enlist, then when you come back, you can be like "Yeah, that's what's up, bitch"
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#7
Swid said:
They usually let you play sports if you have a 2.0 GPA. 1 F shouldn't bring it that far low if you have some good grades as well.

I play Soccer, Field Hockey, and Volleyball for the school, but this is the first year that I don't have P.E. I suck at DDR... I also did debate and foreinsics(sp?) The worst grade I've had is a D, but they still let me do all that. The school system is shitty about grades and sports, but they seem to think you should use the time to study rather than participate.
2 Problems: My schools fucked up. Parents.
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#8
In this day and age - if you can find a DDR machine somewhere that will be noticed by girls - you'll be swarmed...

I know this one guy who's gotten a few girlfriends because of DDR, and I know personally I've had a few people ask...

Ehh - Just be like "If you don't want me on your team, then so be it."
It's obviously not something that you will hate yourself if you don't make, so don't let it bother you
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#9
Boycott said:
In this day and age - if you can find a DDR machine somewhere that will be noticed by girls - you'll be swarmed...

I know this one guy who's gotten a few girlfriends because of DDR, and I know personally I've had a few people ask...

Ehh - Just be like "If you don't want me on your team, then so be it."
It's obviously not something that you will hate yourself if you don't make, so don't let it bother you
Good point :thumbsup: I've witnessed the wonders of DDR in action :) .

Me? I'm sure if I owned a DDR set, I would be good at it, and get exercise too, but I just don't want one.
 
11,055
399
382
#10
Everybody wanted me to play basketball in school.

No, I was never very good. I could have been, but I have the worst co-ordination in the world.

That's what I'm blaming it on anyway.:p

My grades always sucked, ever since grade 10. I just decided to say fuck it. Never did my homework, never cared much for school.

Now look where I am.:happysad: .
 

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
4,475
917
332
#11
St.Anger said:
Yeah, but I just thought it would be good for me to have an after-school sport. Besides, my friends said volleyball would be "a blast."
Heh, reminds me of my last year in high school. There was a video over the morning broadcast that showed our volleyball teams spiking the balls into the other team's faces. Last I heard, 8 noses had been broken by our team that season alone. Fucking EIGHT.
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#12
My grades always sucked, ever since grade 10. I just decided to say fuck it. Never did my homework, never cared much for school.

Now look where I am.
Well, after Freshman year, homework doesn't really too much.

But other than that, unless you plan to go to (or go to) a community college, i think doing good in school would help, no?
 

Invader

Last Living Souls
111
0
0
#13
So your parents care more about you playing volleyball than grades? Pfft... Sounds somewhat like my parents, besides the face they care at all.
 

Jugular

volatile
4,839
554
327
#14
Invader said:
So your parents care more about you playing volleyball than grades? Pfft... Sounds somewhat like my parents, besides the face they care at all.
No. They don't. Have you been reading?


Maybe that came from this:

Third, my mom and dad are making a big deal out of the fact that I can't play volleyball because my grades are bad, and never cared very much before about my F before this whole volleyball thing came into the picture
1) My parents are wierd like that.
2) I think it just reminded them about my grades or something...I dunno.
 
322
0
0
#15
may i recommend..
tutoring?
studying?

you may suck at math, but it's not impossible to learn. they don't teach things in school to purposely fail kids. if they did, nerds would not exist.

your homework tonight: look up a nerd's phone number and offer them money for tutoring in all subjects in which you have a D or F.