WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fucking computer...

I could really use some help from someone who is good at comps..

My computer keeps saying i have disk failure,

It is so damn annoying, the shitty part is i cant even log in, before it gets too the login screen it just restarts, it really realyl sucks, if anyone knows what too do PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, im usin my dads sucky comp right now, wif like 0 graphics please help me someone :mad:

Dark_Era

Blunt Logic
I agree, it does sound like it's an issue with your hard drive. If you can manage to get it to boot from CD you could try to reformat, this would "fix" any software issues that may be causing the computer to fail to find the hard-disk and go into a boot loop. (If you don't know already reformatting your computers hard drive will erase ALL previous data on it). I would use this as a last resort if nothing else you tried worked. Good luck.

Dark_Era said:
I agree, it does sound like it's an issue with your hard drive. If you can manage to get it to boot from CD you could try to reformat, this would "fix" any software issues that may be causing the computer to fail to find the hard-disk and go into a boot loop. (If you don't know already reformatting your computers hard drive will erase ALL previous data on it). I would use this as a last resort if nothing else you tried worked. Good luck.
I hate too bother you man, but how do you manage too do this? ive got a symantec emergency virus repair kit if that helps but i need some step by step stuff if you can for me, and i dont understand what you mean by boot from cd? im a lil slow too computer language. thanks if you can help.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
put a CD in the drive (specifically your OS CD) and when it says "boot from CD" or whatever, follow instructions... Whats your system specs?

Boycott said:
put a CD in the drive (specifically your OS CD) and when it says "boot from CD" or whatever, follow instructions... Whats your system specs?
lol i hate too sound stupid but whats an os cd? and system specs?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
OS CD : Operating System CD ... Windows CD?

System Specs : how much Ram, what size hard drive, power supply etc

repost this in Computing Chamber.

oh right, operating system is windows xp and i think my space is like... 256k? or something i dont know

Dark_Era

Blunt Logic
Correct put in the Windows XP CD and when u start up your computer hit F11 (or whatever button goes to the boot setup I cant recall off the top of my head) and set your primary boot device to CD-ROM. Restart your computer and when it tells you to press any key to boot from the CD, well, press a key and follow the instructions.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
the computer gurus (i.e jung and other people) will answer your questions if you post in the computing chamber:thumbsup:

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
You really should post this in computing chamber...

P.S. The title kinda reminds me of what people will be doing with their comps in bout 10 years... :eek: COINCIDENCE? I think not...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff

jamesp

In Memory...
First thing's first. Start your computer and as soon as the first stuff appears on the monitor look for something like "Primary Master" or "HDD ...", if it says "None..." out next to it, then check back. Lets take this slow....

Grimulus

Fresh Meat
Yeah, unless you are hearing a certain "click" or something from the drive, then that probably isn't an issue. It could be a partial failure however. A complete failure would result in nothing but a no disk screen.

Try to start in safe mode. press f8 during a restart...see if that works, if it doesn't, try repairing windows.

I've seen a virus that did that once...don't ask me what it's called I don't remember. I've also known of windows corrupting files, causing the problem. Hence my suggestion of a repair. :D

Hail Linux!

Grim

</rant>

Tenderony
I had that I think.. I ran chkdsk, then got myself a proper copy of xp and repaired it.

All files etc were fine.