WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies FUCKING DIE ALREADY!!!

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
Comic book movies? FUCKING DIE ALREADY! It's either complete garbage from DC or it's the same shit from Marvel again and AGAIN.

FRANCHISE ALIEN BULLSHIT FRANCHISE? FUCKING DIE ALREADY! My entertainment is not equal to your profit margin.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

I'm so sick of all this shit! I'm tired of having to wait.... how many years to get one good Sci-Fi movie (Arrival).

How many years will we have to wait for another good Sci-Fi film?

"But... Star Wars"

*fucking... sigh...*

Cinema is fucking DEAD and fuck those of you that buy tickets and perpetuate the garbage these studios are churning out on a schedule planned well into the future.

Go see a real fucking film for once.

Back in my day... you had your Robert Townsend, your Robert Altman, your Robert Zemeckis... all the Roberts! You had a craft and you had craftsmen. Crafting something special. Now you have J.J. Abrams, Zak Snyder, and Joss Whedon churning out garbage on a studio's schedule to meet a profit margin. FUCK THIS SHIT!

Last edited:

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Other than the Star Wars movies, I have not seen many of the Sci-Fi / comic book movies made in the last twenty years. I prefer the old Sci-Fi movies that had a moral to them and were not full of violence.

When it comes to Avengers i'd say yes. All the Avengers movies are about Aliens for some reasons. I've read so many Avengers comics and not all of it is about Aliens. some are about average villains. Even the Animated series has more Character that aren't from another dimension or planet. DC i've seen only 1 good movie (Wonder Woman) and a pretty ok movie (Man of steel) still waiting to see how Aquaman stands out.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
If you go see a movie with "old" Mark Hamill in it, go see Brigsby Bear not Star Wars

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Comic book movies? FUCKING DIE ALREADY! It's either complete garbage from DC or it's the same shit from Marvel again and AGAIN.

FRANCHISE ALIEN BULLSHIT FRANCHISE? FUCKING DIE ALREADY! My entertainment is not equal to your profit margin.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

I'm so sick of all this shit! I'm tired of having to wait.... how many years to get one good Sci-Fi movie (Arrival).

How many years will we have to wait for another good Sci-Fi film?

"But... Star Wars"

*fucking... sigh...*

Cinema is fucking DEAD and fuck those of you that buy tickets and perpetuate the garbage these studios are churning out on a schedule planned well into the future.

Go see a real fucking film for once.

Back in my day... you had your Robert Townsend, your Robert Altman, your Robert Zemeckis... all the Roberts! You had a craft and you had craftsmen. Crafting something special. Now you have J.J. Abrams, Zak Snyder, and Joss Whedon churning out garbage on a studio's schedule to meet a profit margin. FUCK THIS SHIT!
I swear, movie theaters used to have a greater variety of movies 10 to 20 years ago. Most movie studios are following marketing research, and making the same few movies over and over that they think will make the most money regardless of artistic expression and quality. Meh. Some movies are still worth going out to see in theaters, but I'm burned out on going to the theater all the time like I used to.

The only new trend I see, and I strongly dislike, is taking old series like Ghostbusters, Star Wars, and Ocean's 11, and adding weird feminism by killing off old male characters, and replacing them with mostly female characters. I have no problem with men and women being equal in movies, but the anti male bias is silly.

Doesn't matter, there is plenty of good stuff, both new and old, to watch on services like Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime, along with buying physical movies. The theater is dying, no matter what kind of membership deals they are offering.

When it comes to Avengers i'd say yes. All the Avengers movies are about Aliens for some reasons. I've read so many Avengers comics and not all of it is about Aliens. some are about average villains. Even the Animated series has more Character that aren't from another dimension or planet. DC i've seen only 1 good movie (Wonder Woman) and a pretty ok movie (Man of steel) still waiting to see how Aquaman stands out.
Many revolve around aliens, but plenty do not. The past few years of Marvel movies without aliens: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Logan, Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
I swear, movie theaters used to have a greater variety of movies 10 to 20 years ago. Most movie studios are following marketing research, and making the same few movies over and over that they think will make the most money regardless of artistic expression and quality. Meh. Some movies are still worth going out to see in theaters, but I'm burned out on going to the theater all the time like I used to.

The only new trend I see, and I strongly dislike, is taking old series like Ghostbusters, Star Wars, and Ocean's 11, and adding weird feminism by killing off old male characters, and replacing them with mostly female characters. I have no problem with men and women being equal in movies, but the anti male bias is silly.

Doesn't matter, there is plenty of good stuff, both new and old, to watch on services like Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime, along with buying physical movies. The theater is dying, no matter what kind of membership deals they are offering.

Many revolve around aliens, but plenty do not. The past few years of Marvel movies without aliens: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Logan, Doctor Strange.
Well to be honest the Spider-Man Homecoming wasn't purely not alien related. Alien Tech was getting scrapped and remodeled to make sales. But all the other moves i enjoyed, especially Deadpool 2 with the remake of the Juggernaut as well as Ant-Man and the Wasp as the Story goes around tech that was made by humans for once. Black Panther was as good as Spiderman by my thinking.