WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fucking l33t--whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jstager said:
blah, blah, blah ph33r teh wrath of teh l33t h4xx0rz.
What the fuck is this? I mean, seriously, do you know how silly that so called l33t speak really looks? I could talk in pig latin, and real latin if I wanted to, but you would not understand what I was saying. So, I do understand what you said, after an interpretation from my l33t CL, but you know, I just dont give a fuck. I think it is silly in a lame way not a cool way.

Fucking l33t.....Whatever. :rolleyes:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
dustinzgirl said:
What the fuck is this? I mean, seriously, do you know how silly that so called l33t speak really looks? I could talk in pig latin, and real latin if I wanted to, but you would not understand what I was saying. So, I do understand what you said, after an interpretation from my l33t CL, but you know, I just dont give a fuck. I think it is silly in a lame way not a cool way.

Fucking l33t.....Whatever. :rolleyes:
I +HInk $0M3B0dY 1S j34L0U5 TH4T +H3y d0N'+ kN0w l33t 5P34k.

jU5+ Kidd1nG b@83!

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
|4m3rz &|-|u+ +eh f^|\k ^

|m $o l33t "/ ou }o|\|+ ~h4+ |m $4yn

Broken

ROFL~~ no shit.. A buddy of mine at work said it best. Yeah, I stopped talking like that when I was 9...

CopyLifted

Broken said:

Holy shit. I only understood half of that. lol

Broken

CopyLifted said:
Holy shit. I only understood half of that. lol
LOL.. I left out a word

It was supposed to say" Lamers shut the fuck up. im so elite you don't know what I am sayin"

Oh well it's late.. and I am not a hax03.

CopyLifted

Well, it worked. Cause I had no idea what you were saying. Definately too l33t for me.

Broken

CopyLifted said:
Well, it worked. Cause I had no idea what you were saying. Definately too l33t for me.
bah I see that crap all day at work.. Nothing to be proud of.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Now that was a breath of fresh air!

Fads and trends can be cool, it's nice to see different generations come up with something original, but the leet speak sucks.

Oh yea, and pull up your goddamned pants!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well...I beg to differ on the concept of l33t.

It originally had a great cause. It was used in the early and mid-nineties as a way to evade censorship on the net. It was mainly used in forums. It was orginally branded by us, the geeks, who are the true elite, and you know it.

However, l33t began to lost some of it's diginity when everyone started to use it...not just nerds. CS helped a lot, but I still strongly stand by leet. It has helped me get my angry point across in censored game servers around the world, such as the ultra horrible ~Rosanne's Bum~ UT99 server. They replaced "fuck" with "holy moly" the instant you pressed your enter key. Also, I figured out why I kept getting the "Connection Failed" message every time I would join...My name was "Your Own Asshole" and yes, it auto kicked me.

My stance on censorship on the net: if you don't like foul language, then you do not belong on the net. The internet was founded around free speech, and when you censor a game server or web page, you go against all the net's ideals and a not a true citizen of the net. It's best you go back to TV and Radio, where the FCC can rule all, or at least just local networks.

I feel I am truly leet...but not in the fake sense. I am the elite, I am a nerd. I will grow up to make bailfuls of bills off video games, and no one can stop me. I have some really great ideas. Read my post on "What I plan to do with my life..." It outlines my plans for creating Descent 4, which will be the next big thing. I'll even upload some development sketches when I have the time (I'm a pretty good artist).

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
that was a whole lota words but i dident understand any of it.... 15years old huh heres an idea learn how to type in english befor u try to use |33+

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
CopyLifted said:
I +HInk $0M3B0dY 1S j34L0U5 TH4T +H3y d0N'+ kN0w l33t 5P34k.

jU5+ Kidd1nG b@83!
1 7h1|/||< 7h47 UR R19h7 :)

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
jstager said:
My stance on censorship on the net: if you don't like foul language, then you do not belong on the net.
So censorship is alright, as long as you're doing the censoring.

jstager said:
The internet was founded around free speech...
You're absolutely correct.

jstager said:
...and when you censor a game server or web page, you go against all the net's ideals and a not a true citizen of the net.
False, even free speech has limitations. When you own the game server or web page, then you get to call the shots. That's the beauty of ownership.The net's "ideals" were bastardized a long time ago, and your stance on censorship puts you in the category of "not a true citizen of the net".

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Free speech is awesome. As long as it isnt retarded. Learn english first. l337 wont get you anywhere in life.

inguckfey sidkays eathes yadas

Descent

Hella Constipated
GottaHurt said:
False, even free speech has limitations. When you own the game server or web page, then you get to call the shots. That's the beauty of ownership.The net's "ideals" were bastardized a long time ago, and your stance on censorship puts you in the category of "not a true citizen of the net".
Totally untrue. You do get to call the shots, but it by no means goes by what the net was founded around. If you don't like foul language, you might as well not be on the net, it's full of it. For every censored server/page you create, there are many more that are uncensored. I have noticed that appoximately only one out of every ten message boards I visit are censored.

Bah, forget, you missed the point. I'm not going to debate this anymore, you are just going to keep missing the point.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1337 i5 #Vn, i3V7 n07 wh3n 0v32V53d. i# y00 423 4 539602 g0d 1ik3 m3, i7 c0m35 41m057 1ik3 53c0nd 14ngV4g3.

Yeah, I used to type 1337 just to fuck around, but it got old pretty fast. Also, 1337 was originally designed to intimidate the opponent in team-based games, those who thought they were "1337" used it to scare and confuse their enemy, as well as to conceal their plans.

Broken

NoSubstance said:
1337 i5 #Vn, i3V7 n07 wh3n 0v32V53d. i# y00 423 4 539602 g0d 1ik3 m3, i7 c0m35 41m057 1ik3 53c0nd 14ngV4g3.

Yeah, I used to type 1337 just to fuck around, but it got old pretty fast. Also, 1337 was originally designed to intimidate the opponent in team-based games, those who thought they were "1337" used it to scare and confuse their enemy, as well as to conceal their plans.
NO!nO! NO!! 133t was created by the forefathers of modem day computin... The Stoners! Pssh Everyone knows that. Damn stoners

Status
Not open for further replies.