WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fucking Satellite Internet!

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
I Hate satellite internet.

I work on a cruise ship, and this is how we access the net (we tried the DSL thing, but the line just wasn't long enough...). The only good thing is that I get to use it for free because I handle the paperwork and bullshit that goes along with it in exchange (more on that in a different forum).

The thing that pisses me off is that because the ship is ALWAYS moving, we often will lose the signal for several seconds. USUALLY, this happens right when I hit SUBMIT on a new thread here at wtf.com or after typing a HUGE long e-mail on my webmail. The result of course is losing all of what I've just worked on. Not so bad if I remember to highlight and copy everything I've just written, but I don't always remember.

(in fact, it just happened now, but I remembered to copy this time! GRR!)

Plus, the thing goes down all the time, and it's slow as shit sometimes. I miss my Cable/DSL connection at home.
:bomb: :bomb: :mfinger: :mfinger:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
satellite internet

don't even get me started on that lol........ God I will be talking to gobbles on yahoo and the next thing... he will go off line, then online and off line... and I will be like wtf.

And its slow ass lag chat. 15 mins of trying to tell him something and the lag was so bad that he didn't even realize i was online.

Grrrrr............