WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fucking shit

As some of you know, I'm still in high school. As some of you also know, I am classified as "gifted". This has given me a certain degree of arrogance when it comes to school. I have never needed to actually apply myself in order to do well and learn. Now, for all my faults, I am actually an intelligent and smart person.
Except for math.
I fucking hate math class. It's everything school shouldn't be. Mechanical, impersonal, and a teacher that could help insomniacs find rest. Who's with me? KILL THE MATH TEACHERS!

Math prevented me from getting my high school diploma.

History helped.

Both those teachers didn't like me. As a result, I failed.

Fuckers.

Unforgiven said:
Math prevented me from getting my high school diploma.

History helped.

Both those teachers didn't like me. As a result, I failed.

Fuckers.
I hate math teachers, I really don't give a shit about showing my fucking work.

canadian_pov said:
As some of you know, I'm still in high school. As some of you also know, I am classified as "gifted". This has given me a certain degree of arrogance when it comes to school. I have never needed to actually apply myself in order to do well and learn. Now, for all my faults, I am actually an intelligent and smart person.
Except for math.
I fucking hate math class. It's everything school shouldn't be. Mechanical, impersonal, and a teacher that could help insomniacs find rest. Who's with me? KILL THE MATH TEACHERS!
You sound like a long lost brother or something man .. I'm a Jr this year- taking precalculous and it's the only class that I'm not good at:gun:

Sektor

Particinator
Math is easy.

...that is, up until you get to the trigonometry level. That shit gives me a fucking headache.

Disadvantaged-c

omfgwtfbbqsteakmix
YES!, I am the worst in the world at math, but bloody amazing at everything other then math. I failed math last year (gr 9) so im in gr 9 math. The teacher is better than my last year teacher so maybe ill do a bit better. Everything else is to easy, i confused my sceince teacher yesterday...i smarter then the lady who teaches me science...damn stuipid teachers.

Ah... math... Just finished the very last math class I'll ever have to take my entire live (hate me b*tches!)... left with two Cs (2 quarters) on my record but that's ok, Calculus is a bitch.

Jung

???
Premium
I don't necessarily like math, but I'm pretty good at it. I hated algebra, but liked calc and discrete math.

9th grade algebra was the worst for me, we had this teacher that was "the best", so if you did something wrong, your ass was not graduating (i passed with a C if i remember correctly)

10th grade geometry was the fucking shit! we had the best teacher. she'd let us do whatever we wanted.

11th grade algebra II... same teacher as 9th grade.. finished with a D

12th grade calculus - what can i say. the man never bathed.. always stunk like onions and body odor. kids would offer him those air fresheners, and he'd turn them down with "no, that's ok! i don't need them!"

and the religion teachers were fucking bitch nuns at the time.. they don't have them anymore. i went to my brother's open house last week to see what the school was like, and it's changed a lot. no more habits and shit.

Its easy until you have to start memorizing formulas and shit for physics.. that class is pissing me off already..

Eh who needs to be able to count. I fucking hate math as much as it hates me. The only form of math I was good at was Geometry .... now I am looking at having to take a fuck load of business math to get my degree(s) of choice. I am so stoked I could fucking bash my head in with a calculator.

Jung

???
Premium
Eh who needs to be able to count.
Anyone who ever plans on doing more than cooking burgers for a living or <insert shitty minimum wage job here>.

Yah know I have been to an ass load of schools for the Navy. Everything from Advanced food prep, leadership schools, accounting schools to sanitation schools and as of right now I am nothing more than a glorified grill jockey. It is stripping away any love I have ever had for cooking. But if i have to learn to count past 21 to move on the so be it. I will just have to find a new apendage to count....

blk990

Serial Killer
cryptrocket said:
Eh who needs to be able to count. I fucking hate math as much as it hates me. The only form of math I was good at was Geometry .... now I am looking at having to take a fuck load of business math to get my degree(s) of choice. I am so stoked I could fucking bash my head in with a calculator.
First of all, math is more than just counting. Tell me, when will you ever need to use trigonometry? They teach math to improve understanding skills and logical thinking, as well as teaching you to be independant. I'm with you on this one junglizm, you NEED math to succeed in life.

And also, I am considered "gifted" too, but math is my strong point, and I suck at english ("suck" meaning about average).

God bless I make one sarcastic statement....(Eh who needs to be able to count...) and I will probably never hear the end of it. As for Trig or Cal I think I will pass. I like Geometry because I can see the actual benifit (helps my pool game). Business math will be as far as I climb on my path of higher education.

kindbud

Banned - What an Asshat!
blk990 said:
They teach math to improve understanding skills and logical thinking, as well as teaching you to be independant. I'm with you on this one junglizm, you NEED math to succeed in life.
a few voices of reason.

it helps you become a better or more valuable problem solver. without it you are limited in many ways. not required, but preferred by most employers outside of math specific carreers.

however, i would say that you can still be a huge success in life without math, but you are a lot less likely to get raped when buying a car, a house, or just managing your own money if you are informed and have at least soaked up some basics.

As for the not getting raped aspect of it concerning a car anyone buying or owning a car right now is about to/is going to get raped with gas unless they own a hybred. As for managing my money and investments it is all business math. How Trig or Physics fits into checking account or basic (fuck even complex) interest rates I am not sure. It could as I have not taken either but i have my doubts.

all math is easy. its just about actually applying it to something, if you can do that then you'll go right through it with ease. Thats what I do.