WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fun Sized my ass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Why is it that FUN sized candy is really small? Like I got a Fun sized M&Ms, and it came with like 4 M&Ms... So now I'm pissed... I took the time to open that package, for FOUR M&Ms... It said it would be fun, so i ate the M&Ms and they just tasted like the normal ones that I could have gotten from the store in lame regular size (which happens to be more fun than fun sized)

Fun Sized = Lame. I hope the companies realize this error and make Fun Sized candy really big, because I think that would be more fun than small sized candy.

fun-sized candy is just a scheme to make kids think that the extremely tiny portions of candy they're eating are bigger than they really are (and apparently fun to eat), while enabling trick-or-treat-candy-givers to save money on halloween by charging $5 for a 30 pack of mini-snickers instead of $24.00 on 30 big candy bars and give kids less sugar-high.

and now they're making millions.
where did halloween originate from? no time for google.

Halloween was originally called Reformation day, which was a big day for the church in the 14th century.

That was when Martin Luther posted his 95 thesis on a church door and got shit from the church officials for performing such an act.

How halloween came from that, I have no idea.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Actually, I've heard a different story.

November 1st is 'All Saints Day' in Roman Catholicisim. The story goes that in order to get to the church on time, many farmers and homstedders would leave the night before, (i.e. October 31st) carrying all sorts of goodies, cakes, pies, and sweets, in preperation of the celebration the following day.

Kids would be denied these fancy little tid bits. So some rambunctious kids started going wagon to wagon and "Trick or Treat'ing" the travellers. Or some such...

That's what I've been told... but apparently Wikipedia has different origins for it.

I just wiki'ed it. Linky

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Huh... and I figured the "Fun sized my ass" title for the thread was pretty damn funny. I was going to ask you who sized your ass for you.

Fun sized is ok, but when your ass hits party sized you've got problems.

maybe another reason we have fun-sized is because of child obesity. aren't we having a huge controversy about that?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
slemaire195 said:
maybe another reason we have fun-sized is because of child obesity. aren't we having a huge controversy about that?
if that was the case we wouldn't have bottles of soda as big as a horse..

fun-size is a way of selling small things with lots of packaging so it all seems bigger.
oz for oz it's a ripoff..
it was invented by dick cheney at halliburton labs.
it's not fun.

we buy a big sack (50lb) of sugar and just leave that on the front porch for halloween, all the kids get into it (like insects) and we do what we normally do without having to open the door every 3 minutes..

but i went out in my truck tonight and there were all these tiny black kids randomly running around dressed in black trash bags (i am not fucking kidding now) in the dark on unlit streets.. i nearly choked, how invisible do they want to be? i had to use hi-beam.. didn't see any parents and the oldest one looked about 11.. when i took the dogs out later i half expected to find squashed kids all over the streets.. :(

instead there was candy everywhere on the floor.. like the kids were sugar rushing so hard they were just trying to ram it into their mouths and missing..

halloween is odd.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
dustinzgirl said:
You dont need candy, food or drink if you have us...
Half right half wrong on that "you don't need candy" part. We all need DG and Meh candy! (most of us get it too...:redface: )

UberSkippy said:
Huh... and I figured the "Fun sized my ass" title for the thread was pretty damn funny. I was going to ask you who sized your ass for you.

Fun sized is ok, but when your ass hits party sized you've got problems.
Didn't DG tell you!? She's giving out free "fun sized asses" for halloween. Some DAMNED lucky kids if you ask me...

slemaire195 said:
child obesity.
The way we're going about fixing that is all fucked up... What we need to do is put fucking maggots in 1/4 junk food packs! I'm sure parents would agree to that. (So long as they got the good stuff and the maggots weren't charged for) But hey, we're already taking out of taxpayer's dollars now! So why not put it to use?:thumbsup:

P.S. These new thumbs suck...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
mmm.cheese..
that's three posts in a row.. did we have a little too much sugar this evening?

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
fun size could at least have a name change to " super model size " because you know how super models are they'll kick there own ass if they over eat.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
squeeze_me said:
fun size could at least have a name change to " super model size " because you know how super models are they'll kick there own ass if they over eat.
Supermodel size would come with a rubber finger to stick down your throat. How do you think they keep that fun sized ass?

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
MaxPower said:
Supermodel size would come with a rubber finger to stick down your throat. How do you think they keep that fun sized ass?
well then for supermodels who want to indulge?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
the candy is "fun" sized because starfucks already took "tall" for thier shot glass size of coffee...

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
void said:
mmm.cheese..
that's three posts in a row.. did we have a little too much sugar this evening?
Not really... I don't eat much EVER. Most calories I ever eat daily is like... 2100, and thats on thanksgiving!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
mmm...cheese said:
Half right half wrong on that "you don't need candy" part. We all need DG and Meh candy! (most of us get it too...:redface: )
Ya know, I just noticed this...I guess it was your fault for quoting void saying you had 3 posts, So I went back and checked where these "3 posts" were.

Care to explain, mmm...cheese? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.