WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fundraiser ripoffs

zircon

Fresh Meat
Here's something that I'm pissed about. At my school, they do these fund raisers from time to time where people on various sports teams go around selling candy for money. It's always a dollar per bar/bag, stuff like Skittles, Reeses, M&Ms and such. It was good and fine before, since they would always give you about 50 to 100% more candy than you would get in a normal sized bar or bag; 8 wafers instead of 4 in a Kit-Kat, 4 cups instead of 2 in a Reeses, and so forth.

However, this year, an outrage occured. They scaled back the size of the candy, so now we only get 3 peanut butter cups, a normal size Twix, a normal size Skittles, etc. But it's still a dollar. What bullshit!

take a Glock 18c 9X19mm parabellum into school, the kind with the full auto funtion and 31 round clip into school, get stuff cheaper that way, free ride in a cop car if your slow enough ;)

it's all in the name of charity but that does suck, we dont do charity in our school (were english) and not since that whole incident with the sissors,

god rest liam 1 legs soul and the 5 children in the spastic massacre of 88

Haxxor

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
You must hijack the candy from them, then run around screaming, "Long live hijackers!!!!!" Or, you can smack them in the faces, grab the candy, and run. The third option would be to lodge a complaint against the company that sponsors the selling of this candy, but thats not fun....and we humans like to act first, then find out we fucked up later.

Snorri

Fresh Meat
Oh no! They "overpriced" your candy? Omfg, we gotta put an end to this. Call 911, tell 'em Satan has unleashed his fury, hosted by those little soccer-playing kids selling candy. They'll take care of it, no sweat.
Btw, what kind of charity is it for? If it really is a good cause, like the Red Cross or something, sure, overpricing would be a good idea. If they give it to the Bush administration and call it charity, then fuck, shoot the tiny money-making motherfuckers.

not the precious candeeee awww mimimoo :D

he has a point, why not just buy cheaper candy else where and maybe even sell it at a slightly cheaper price than what the charity folk are and increase your own gain ;)

to misquote a certain gangster "first you get the candy then you get the money then you get ze women"

zircon

Fresh Meat
Snorri; hey, I'm allowed to rant about stuff that annoys me, even if it's not important :D

Anyway, it's not for any charity. It's for the local sports teams. As if local taxes and a huge chunk of the school budget isn't already enough. My plan, as someone else suggested, is to go buy loads of candy at Costco (or something) and then sell it from my locker and/or consume it myself. However, the fact that I need to do this to get normally-priced candy is quite simply an outrage!

Smiss

smissinat0r
So are you going to pay for the things that the sports teams and clubs need? This is how they make money. duh.

zircon

Fresh Meat
Actually, they make their money from the school budget, which comes from local taxes.

I will not stand for this outrage anymore. I will rise up against the political machine of the school and purchase my own candy from Sam's Club. Down with the man!

jammyozzy

Flame Bait
It's the same with our school and doughnuts...we don't get sweets. Doughnuts at our school cost 40p, and a bag of 5 nicer ones costs 36p. But there's still a load of first-years who spend ages queuing for 'em

gaah muffins was the money melon at my school, call me fat (im not but still call me fat) i ate 4 a day, the cue sucked,

Smiss

smissinat0r
With school levies failing left and right, some clubs need to make money for their own uniforms and equipment to keep going. Sometimes it's for some type of trip, like championships, or other such events that the schools don't normally pay for to begin with. Hello? Marching Bands go to Disney World? Yea, Mommy and Daddy aren't paying for that shit. The kids sell candy, have car washes, and whatever the hell else they do to make money. Shit, SOME clubs are doing fundraising so when prom comes around it's not $100 per person. And let me guess, you don't want to go to prom either. If you don't like it, then stfu and go buy your own candy at Sam's club. No one fucking cares. They aren't bringing candy to school to make you happy. It's not like they are saying the money is for orphans and then having pizza parties with it.

jammyozzy

Flame Bait
At our school we don't sell food for fundraising, the catering company just wanna make shit loads of money. "Dry, tasteless doughnuts for 40p, or go down the road and get 5 nice ones for the same price" The losers all seem to miss the second part and create a rugby scrum...

i say we go re-inact that columbine school massacre, i want to die gracefully with an empty mag in a hail of gun fire

zircon

Fresh Meat
Smiss said:
With school levies failing left and right, some clubs need to make money for their own uniforms and equipment to keep going. Sometimes it's for some type of trip, like championships, or other such events that the schools don't normally pay for to begin with. Hello? Marching Bands go to Disney World? Yea, Mommy and Daddy aren't paying for that shit. The kids sell candy, have car washes, and whatever the hell else they do to make money. Shit, SOME clubs are doing fundraising so when prom comes around it's not $100 per person. And let me guess, you don't want to go to prom either. If you don't like it, then stfu and go buy your own candy at Sam's club. No one fucking cares. They aren't bringing candy to school to make you happy. It's not like they are saying the money is for orphans and then having pizza parties with it.
I don't think you can detect sarcasm well :rolleyes:
In all seriousness, this issue doesn't bother me much at all; in fact, I don't even think about it most of the time. However, I see nothing wrong with ranting about it :D Obviously, I realize the necessity of fundraisers and such, but really, you need to calm down a bit. I mean really, isn't it clear that I'm being lighthearted?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
zircon said:
I don't think you can detect sarcasm well :rolleyes:
In all seriousness, this issue doesn't bother me much at all; in fact, I don't even think about it most of the time. However, I see nothing wrong with ranting about it :D Obviously, I realize the necessity of fundraisers and such, but really, you need to calm down a bit. I mean really, isn't it clear that I'm being lighthearted?
Yeah smiss ripped you a good one boy.( WTF is he talking about?)

"but really, you need to calm down a bit. I mean really, isn't it clear that I'm being lighthearted?"

relax.. You guys are getting all pissing and you are forgetting where you are. This site is about bitching, saying the things that you can't in real life. I am not saying that's all it's for, but that is the premise. If you post; people are going to respond in the manner they choose. You need to take this whole site lighthearted.

yeh some poeple make a rant and others say, "awww not your precious candy" but thats all part of the fun,

tho smiss is being a real hoe bag ;) that cunt

Pffffffffff you got it easy.. in my skool they sell a uge box of chocolate covered almonts for 3$$ its a big box but contains like 10 almonds..