WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Other Funniest Black Comic

Who is the funniest black comic?

• Bill Cosby

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Richard Pryor

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Chris Rock

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dave Chappelle

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
In light of the newest addition to my DVD collection [The Dave Chappelle Show] ive decided to post this Poll. Who is the funniest black comic?

*Edit: Crap! Forgot to put other on there....feel free to post your favorite comic as well.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Shouldn't this be a poll? Well there are only a few people that can even be considered in the running:

Bill Cosby (good clean wholesome family fun...and Jello)
Richard Pryor (the anti-Cosby)
Eddie Murphy (Richard Pryor, the next generation)
Chris Rock (Eddie Murphy, the nexter generation)
Dave Chappelle (I'm Rick James bitch)

Now those first three haven't done much (I am ignoring most of Eddie Murphy's movies for the past ten years) for a long long time, but I'm still laughing at their classic shit. So greatest of all times (at this point) I'd prolly have to say Pryor, even though I haven't heard as much of his shit compared to the others. However, funniest one today I think I'd have to go with Chappelle.

edit: The poll went up while I was making this post. Too lazy to edit the post now, so just read it bitch

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
THIS IS RACIST!!!! White people are funny too! We may be lame and completely without soul or style, But we can be some funny cracker-ass muthu fuka's!

What about Mel Brooks?

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
*chanting* DENNIS LEARY FOR PRESIDENT *chanting*(hey if bush can be president he can too)

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
No one said white people aren't funny, but it's a different kind of funny. Most white comics I've known tend to either focus on (if anything at all) politics, or self-deprecating humor, among many other things, whereas most black comics tend to focus on racial and social class humor. But yeah, there's plenty of funny white people (I'm a fan of Lewis Black in particular), though I'm pretty sure Mel Brooks is Jewish.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
bob saget....he's pretty funny....not danny tanner on full house...but other stints....good stuff

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Skorch said:
No one said white people aren't funny, but it's a different kind of funny. Most white comics I've known tend to either focus on (if anything at all) politics, or self-deprecating humor, among many other things, whereas most black comics tend to focus on racial and social class humor. But yeah, there's plenty of funny white people (I'm a fan of Lewis Black in particular), though I'm pretty sure Mel Brooks is Jewish.
Adam Sandler

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
wait a minute...come to think of it...damn near all funny 'white' people are Jewish aren't they? And jeez, I can't believe I forgot that even Lewis Black is Jewish. Ah fuckit, y'all look alike to me anyway

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Skorch said:
I was, of course, using sarcasm as a comedic tool.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
MaxPower said:
I was, of course, using sarcasm as a comedic tool.
I know, but I did want to make that clear for everyone anyway. You never know who can take a racial issue the wrong way, even when it's all in good fun, and I'd hate to have to close this thread because it turned racial.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
OK off the record i find pee wee herman to be mad funny :thumbsup:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Skorch said:
I know, but I did want to make that clear for everyone anyway. You never know who can take a racial issue the wrong way, even when it's all in good fun, and I'd hate to have to close this thread because it turned racial.
True, You are a wise man. :thumbsup: I'll have to start using <Sarcasm> tags as it is an exceptionally difficult form of humor to get across in the written format.