WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

GAIM or Trillian?

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
hey guys, q?

first, is there anything out there better than either of these?
second, which one do you prefer?

b/c i've had trillion and it kind've sucked back when, now i hear they want membership $ to access yahoo etc.

YOUR OP PLEASE!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I use GAIM. It's nice-looking, and the alias feature is fun. But sometimes it doesn't work properly all the time. Shrug. It might be user-end. At any rate, it's nothing that isn't very easy to live with.

Jung

???
Premium
gurlgonewild said:
first, is there anything out there better than either of these? [/i]
Personally, I prefer Miranda IM. It's light and doesn't take up a lot of resources like Trillian does.

To pimp my Miranda set up...

second, which one do you prefer?
If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose gAIM.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Just to clarify, Trillian does not charge to access Yahoo IM.
However, if you want certain advanced features to work, like video chat, you need to buy the pro version.
Most of the features of Y!IM are present in the free standard version.

GAIM is nice, but I still like Trillian best.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm more of a GAIM fan. Trillian is a cluttered mess, IMO.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
i used trillian for like 6 months, but when i found gaim i heard angels speaking to me

gaim deffinantly

tzedek

Original Member
Zickddot said:
i used trillian for like 6 months, but when i found gaim i heard angels speaking to me

gaim deffinantly
:werd: me same thing happened to me

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
lol i guess im still the only person who still uses aim, msnm, ym all at the same time...oh well that makes me cooler than all of you. :number1: :p