WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Game releases!

What one do you want??

• PS3?

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • XBOX 360?

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters

Jung

???
Premium
I'll probably buy the PS3.
RogueSmiley said:
:umno:

Look at all their specs and compare.
You will see the light.
The specs don't matter as much for consoles, it's more what the system does with them that counts. Honestly though, I wouldn't bet on any of those specs being final just yet either.

Also, comparing those specs to a computer is silly, so I wouldn't go by that either.

You may not think they dont matter as much, but they still matter. As far as the specs being final, I know those exact specs may not be final, but I think the xbox 360 having better specs than the ps3 is.

Also, I just can't stand playing anything on the playstation. I especially hate the controller. Xbox has a better contoured and more responsive controller. I think it will be the same with the next gen systems. I'm also just not a big fan of playstation exclusive games either. I would do just what I did with xbox and gamecube and buy xbox 360 and revolution.

I am very excited for both systems and full intend on getting both at one point or another. Since the 360 will be out before the PS3 (launches 4th quarter 2005), I will probably get that first. Halo 3 comes out when the PS3 launches! Thank Bill Gates for this one, trying to take away from the PS3's initial success when launched. Oh well, they're both going to be sick.
Anyone else have a particular game they are looking forward to? I have to say, Killzone 2 looks amazing. Watch the first video in that link and keep in mind that the entire sequence is IN GAME footage. Just shows how amazing the possibilities are for these new systems.

I read an interview saying that Microsoft is waiting for PS3 to release final specs just so they can make the xbox 360 more powerful. As far as gameplay, I'm with Nintendo. It's all about the gameplay; I just wish Nintendo would focus a little more on make adult oriented games. But, I'll probably get Xbox 360 and the Revolution. Supposedly, they are working together with some aspects. (may be a rumor, who knows). It's all opinion, though. Anyone who buys a system because of specs are just wasting money.

Later

RDubb said:
I am very excited for both systems and full intend on getting both at one point or another. Since the 360 will be out before the PS3 (launches 4th quarter 2005), I will probably get that first. Halo 3 comes out when the PS3 launches! Thank Bill Gates for this one, trying to take away from the PS3's initial success when launched. Oh well, they're both going to be sick.
Anyone else have a particular game they are looking forward to? I have to say, Killzone 2 looks amazing. Watch the first video in that link and keep in mind that the entire sequence is IN GAME footage. Just shows how amazing the possibilities are for these new systems.
killzone 2 does look amazing, And i do to look forward to the release. Simply because i rented the first one and beat it in one night. I just want to see if i can do the same with # 2.

BullCrap, you fucker! You've started threads! How come you said you can't?

:(

Well it said down at the bottom of my screen that i couldent start a new theard, yet i could post replies.

BullCrap said:
Well it said down at the bottom of my screen that i couldent start a new theard, yet i could post replies.
:rolleyes:

You'll figure it all out. :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
As of now, I can surely say The NRev and most likely the PS3.

HOWEVER...I want to see which will have the software I want. The next console war is shaping up to be a heated one, and I hope it rivals the 16-bit days, when grade school kids would get into fights over which system is better...That happened a few times when I was a kid. I just said "I don't own an SNES, I don't which is better." I didn't try one until -1999. When shit like that happens, you usually see an awesome influx of software/peripherals. I mean, shit, the Genesis has the second largest US game library ever next to the NES, and the SNES has an equally good 3rd largest library. (NES: 1200 titles, SG: 700 Titles, SNES: 500 Titles).

As of now, it's still up in the air, and I'm not an early adopter with consoles anymore...Mr. Dreamcast and Mrs. Cube don't have much stuff for them coming out :(.

Personally, I think seeing Unreal 3 running on a PS3 makes it compelling, but the Xbox has a faster GPU.

BUT...Sony's console durability is pretty fucking poor, and sending it in for repairs after a "90-Day Warranty" (LOL!) is a pain in the ass. I mean, my PlayStation 1 (Orignal Atari XE looking one) is a fucking joke. I have to push down on the disc securing mechanism when removing it, because it will come off on the fucking CD. And if you lose that, it's all over.

Every Nintendo/Sega/M$ console I've owned or used are built like fucking tanks, and they've never given me sass except for a bizzarre Genesis mobo glitch where my up button would stop working, and Sonic 3 special stages would speed up at the wrong intervals, or not speed up at all. They fixed it in two weeks, so I can't bitch. It ain't Sega's fault, I think the chipset was bad. That's excluding the NES, but a philips head and alchohol will fix it.

I'm also not buying anything until the Nintendo Revolution's specs are revealed, because I end up buying my "wanted" system and a Nintendo system (My only Nex-Gen consoles are a Dreamcast and a GameCube). Why? Zelda. The WindWaker sucked, it was too arcade like, and it gave you no motivation to play on besides a trippy scene of Hyrule underwater. But every game desinger fucks up along the way once and a while, so I'm not concerned.