WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gas Boycott?

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
WTF is up with all the crap about not buying gas on the 3rd? Does anyone really think that's going to force the gas companies to lower their prices?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I didn't hear anything about this. I hope I remember! LOL

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
the third of what? September? Thats just retarded. You actually think people are gonna stay home on Labor Day weekend?

fucking idiot leftest. People will just stock up on the 1st. It doesnt matter if they buy the gas this thursday or saturday, the Gas companies get their money.

Its like the fucking dickhead Greenpeace guys who ram a diesal guzzling ship into a fishing boat to stop dolphin tuna. They create one fucking problem for another.

ok its nothing like that, But that thought came to mind and its fucking funny.

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
King Goldfish said:
the third of what? September? Thats just retarded. You actually think people are gonna stay home on Labor Day weekend?

fucking idiot leftest. People will just stock up on the 1st. It doesnt matter if they buy the gas this thursday or saturday, the Gas companies get their money.

Its like the fucking dickhead Greenpeace guys who ram a diesal guzzling ship into a fishing boat to stop dolphin tuna. They create one fucking problem for another.

ok its nothing like that, But that thought came to mind and its fucking funny.

Hey fucktard, I asked what was up with it. I didn't say shit about participating in it. And just for the record, I happen to be a rightest. :mfinger:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
It's crap, it goes around every time the gas prices get high. I've seen it 4 or 5 times in the past 6 years.

The gas companies wouldn't really notice a single day. A month maybe.

As far as everyone stalking up goes... who stalks up for one day?

shiggy1016

King of Loserville
UberSkippy said:
The gas companies wouldn't really notice a single day. A month maybe.

As far as everyone stalking up goes... who stalks up for one day?
:rotflmao:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I too feel it's a useless idea. It is essentially a way to make the people who participate in it imagine they are making a difference, which they don't at all. It's mental masturbation.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
JLXC said:
It's mental masturbation.
Only without the ugly orgasm face!

Like, um, pretty much everyone's said, it's a load of crap, and won't even work. People are still going to buy gas.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
shiggy1016 said:
WTF is up with all the crap about not buying gas on the 3rd? Does anyone really think that's going to force the gas companies to lower their prices?
That is such an old Internet hoax. It would have absolutely no effect on the petroleum industy.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
shiggy1016 said:
Hey fucktard, I asked what was up with it. I didn't say shit about participating in it. And just for the record, I happen to be a rightest. :mfinger:
"rightest" That's a Classic!:D

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I've heard this every time we've had a major hike.. givin this one is a higher hike then ever before but I've even heard a few years back in new jersey when prices went from 89 cents a gallon to 1.29 a gallon a bunch of truckers shut down a major highway by blocking it with thier trucks for like 12 hours... obviously since prices are now 2.55 even 3 or 4 bux in some states... it didnt work..