WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gas money?

Oldest one in the book. I pulled up to a pump at Chevron. Guy in a shirt and tie was talking to a girl at the next pump over. I guess he couldn't get anything out of her, so he comes up to me. He asks me whether I can buy him gas to go up to Fresno (about 250 miles away from where we are at the moment). I didn't have any cash on me (I hardly have any now that I can use my debit/credit cards almost everywhere). So I asked him where's his car so I can pay for it with my card. He goes never mind.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Oldest one in the book. I pulled up to a pump at Chevron. Guy in a shirt and tie was talking to a girl at the next pump over. I guess he couldn't get anything out of her, so he comes up to me. He asks me whether I can buy him gas to go up to Fresno (about 250 miles away from where we are at the moment). I didn't have any cash on me (I hardly have any now that I can use my debit/credit cards almost everywhere). So I asked him where's his car so I can pay for it with my card. He goes never mind.
They just want money for alcohol and drugs. Don't pay them any mind.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Jesus really, I wonder if that ever works? at least he didn't pull a gun on you

Well, call me a sucker I guess. I did offer to help him, but I don't carry cash so he was out of luck.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Homeless people have asked me for money many times, but I've only been attacked once. It was a man with a cane, who tried to repeatedly hit me with it when I said I didn't have any money.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Last year I was walking on a sidewalk in a big city. As I passed a homeless man he shouted out "HOMELESS". So I said back "UNEMPLOYED", which I was at the time, and kept on walking.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Years ago, after a football game, a man with his son approached us in the parking garage. They were at the game and came back to a flat tire. He didn't have any cash on him to fix the flat. I gave him $20. He seemed respectable enough and it was a nice gesture. Was it a scam? I don't know. But if it was, I hope he spent that $20 on his son.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Years ago, after a football game, a man with his son approached us in the parking garage. They were at the game and came back to a flat tire. He didn't have any cash on him to fix the flat. I gave him $20. He seemed respectable enough and it was a nice gesture. Was it a scam? I don't know. But if it was, I hope he spent that $20 on his son.
It was probably true, because a hole in a tire doesn't cost that much to fix. At Big 'O Tire it's free to plug a tire and $5 to patch it. It costs around $90 to replace a tire, but that's rarely needed.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I recently drove several hundred miles on a flat tire and did not even know it. I love my suspension. :)

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
I recently drove several hundred miles on a flat tire and did not even know it. I love my suspension. :)
I recently drove a few miles with a hole in the tire, and my car was mildly bouncy. I only noticed when I checked my car in a parking lot.

lol that's cool you offered to pay for it then and there. It's a smart idea and way of going about it. I feel so awkward when people ask for money, but I'm thankful I usually don't carry cash and don't have to lie and just say I don't have cash on me. o.o

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Homeless people have asked me for money many times, but I've only been attacked once. It was a man with a cane, who tried to repeatedly hit me with it when I said I didn't have any money.
Yeah I get asked for money almost everyday, I mean that amount.. and for gas