WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gas Prices

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
We all know gas prices suck, but what I fucking hate is when some dumbass friend/coworker sends around a stupid chain letter proclaiming that if we all band together and do the magic gas price dance, prices will go back to normal. Fuck it! Gas prices go up EVERY SUMMER! Deal with it, or ride the fucking bus! And it's not the oil companies that are fucking us, it's the government! In B.C., over half the price you pay per litre is in the form of taxes.

Check this one out I got this morning.

DON'T BE A WIMP AND TAKE THIS CRAP DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!!!

Dear friends & family,

I hear we are going to hit close to a $1.42 a Litre by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the don't buy gas on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy gas.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!
By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.80 a litre is super cheap. Me too! It is currently .78 to .89 depending on what day it is,for regular unleaded gas in Montreal, Qc. We all know that we're being screwed by the oil companies.

Does everyone remember how they drove up the prices way past a dollar and got the gas prices to where they wanted them, claiming there was a shortage of oil. Well, there isn't any shortage now, and the oil is more abundant than it was 35 years ago when the price of a litre of gas was 29 cents!!!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at $0.78-$0.85, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Heres the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), PETRO CANADA, SHELL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of PETRO CANADA and SHELL buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and Ill explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to at least thirty people. If each of you send it
to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message
reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over
THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and
pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been
contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people... Well, lets face it, you just aren't a Mathematician. But I am. so trust me on this one.) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Ill bet you I didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $0.64 OR LESS RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!!!!!!
PLEASE take a few minutes and pass this on to everyone you know!! If you can't e-mail it to at least ten people, please print out a bunch of copies and hand it out to your family and friends!!
I got a better idea. Let's invade a small middle east country under the guise of searching for WMD. Yah, that'll work.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
CAN YOU POST IN THE RIGHT FUCKING FORUM

CURRENT EVENTS.... THATS WHERE THIS SHOULD GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows how fucking smart you are

I mean honestly.... this can not be that complex.

UGH.... i am a mod on another board and i spend half my time on the board moving dumbass post around, cause your to stupid to figure out where to put it.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
I think you are expecting too much, from the near sighted.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
_Kitana_ said:
CAN YOU POST IN THE RIGHT FUCKING FORUM

CURRENT EVENTS.... THATS WHERE THIS SHOULD GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows how fucking smart you are

I mean honestly.... this can not be that complex.

UGH.... i am a mod on another board and i spend half my time on the board moving dumbass post around, cause your to stupid to figure out where to put it.
Can't you bitch about anything important? Who cares what forum it's in. It's not really current events, it was just general shit that pissed me off!

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
WTFNation said:
Can't you bitch about anything important? Who cares what forum it's in. It's not really current events, it was just general shit that pissed me off!
yeah and your point is put it in the right place.

moving to current events, or whatever the fuck we call it here

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
yes, gas prices.... thi is an e-mail i recived... i think it's better then what was stated earlier.
screw_you_jack said:
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
>
>PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME,
>
>THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
>
> AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF
>OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
>COMPANIES.
>
>
>THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED
>
>"STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND DAY"
>
>AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
>
>THAT DAY.
>
>THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
>PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.
>
>
>WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
>
>GOING TO HAPPEN.
>
>WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES
>
>THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?
>
>
>REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT
>THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
>COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
>EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
>MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.
>
>WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
>
>
>
>WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
>WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>
>SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
>
>KNOW
>
>MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE
>UNITED STATES SAY
>
>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
I'm thinking people are disprite.... what ya say?

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Bunch a rookies rantin' about gas prices. Just go to U-Haul in the middle of the night and siphon the gas out of their trucks. Full tank, and the price is right. :cool:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
GottaHurt said:
Bunch a rookies rantin' about gas prices. Just go to U-Haul in the middle of the night and siphon the gas out of their trucks. Full tank, and the price is right. :cool:
back in high school.... our princable Mr.Mock... I use to siphon the gas out of his old pickup

was awsome

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
_Kitana_ said:
back in high school.... our princable Mr.Mock... I use to siphon the gas out of his old pickup

was awsome
nice now a days you get in jail for that.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
otepsoul said:
nice now a days you get in jail for that.
yeah we would of got in big trouble back then

it was only 2 years ago

expect he didn't know alot about cars and i we told him it was probally a faulty fuel line that was causing his gas to leak out and evaporate..

lol

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
_Kitana_ said:
yeah we would of got in big trouble back then

it was only 2 years ago

expect he didn't know alot about cars and i we told him it was probally a faulty fuel line that was causing his gas to leak out and evaporate..

lol
lol,thats good

along time ago gas prices went too high and people decided to protest by not getting gas on sunday, and it worked, gas prices droped by over 1$

gas prices realy need to change, i have a v6 with a super charger so i have to run premium, its over 2$ now... something has gotta happen now and fast

ron

Buster of Asses
WTFNation said:
We all know gas prices suck, but what I fucking hate is when some dumbass friend/coworker sends around a stupid chain letter proclaiming that if we all band together and do the magic gas price dance, prices will go back to normal.
I agree. I hate those things. I wish people would exercise a little forebrain before clicking that button to forward that shit to everyone in their address book.

WTFNation said:
Fuck it! Gas prices go up EVERY SUMMER! Deal with it,
Absolutely! Since we, as a global people, are not prepared to drive less, what have we to complain about?

WTFNation said:
or ride the fucking bus!
...if mass transit is available in your area. Some of us are lucky enough to have a good system of mass transit available for our use. Some of us are not. Those people must walk, ride a bike, burn hydrocarbons, or come up with another means to make it through the day.

WTFNation said:
And it's not the oil companies that are fucking us, it's the government! In B.C., over half the price you pay per litre is in the form of taxes.
Ouch. We're not taxed quite that heavily here, but I feel your pain. On the other hand, there does appear to be an orderly fluctuation from week to week that can not be accounted for completely by taxes. There is some price jockeying taking place.

WTFNation said:
I got a better idea. Let's invade a small middle east country under the guise of searching for WMD. Yah, that'll work.
Hey, great idea. That way we get to maintain our lifestyles and we make the world a better place. By the way, Iraq, by your insinuation, is not a small country. Kuwait is a small country and they were invaded by Iraq. Since Australia appears to be approaching a fuel crisis, they should be especially grateful once the dust settles.

OuttaControlX said:
gas prices realy need to change, i have a v6 with a super charger so i have to run premium, its over 2$ now... something has gotta happen now and fast
buy a geo

WTFNation said:
We all know gas prices suck, but what I fucking hate is when some dumbass friend/coworker sends around a stupid chain letter proclaiming that if we all band together and do the magic gas price dance, prices will go back to normal. Fuck it! Gas prices go up EVERY SUMMER! Deal with it, or ride the fucking bus! And it's not the oil companies that are fucking us, it's the government! In B.C., over half the price you pay per litre is in the form of taxes.

Check this one out I got this morning.

dumbass... thats reason gas prices are so fucking high