WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gay Couples- Agree?Disgree?

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
I'm not gay, and I don't have problems with Lesbians or Gays...

Then why can't they get married? I don't understand. It's not like there gonna be more disfunsutial then the regular couples? If anything it might help the over population problem? What's the big deal? They didn't do anything to us, why are we bitching to them??

Open for opinons..

Pepto Bismol21

Thanks, but that was kinda awhile ago...and I didn't know.

XsweetnessX

Banned - What an Asshat!
i think that if u truely love some1 whether they are man/man, woman/woman u should be able to marry whoever u wants as long as ur happy

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i dont know i dont agree with that one.. a marrage is supposed to be between a man and a woman not a mixture there-of.
I personally am not very open to the whole idea of homosexuality. I dont like it i cant stand it it sickens me.. Just does, and i appologize to anyone out there that is but jeesh keep it in the closet!

Jung

???
Premium
swizeguy said:
i dont know i dont agree with that one.. a marrage is supposed to be between a man and a woman not a mixture there-of.
I personally am not very open to the whole idea of homosexuality. I dont like it i cant stand it it sickens me.. Just does, and i appologize to anyone out there that is but jeesh keep it in the closet!

What if homosexuals expected you to keep your sexuality "in the closet," would you think that was fair? Probably not! People are always ready to take away freedoms that don't effect them. But, if those same freedoms were taken form them, they'd cry, bitch and scream until someone listened. :rolleyes: You might as well say black people are ok, as long as you don't have to see them. Discrimination is discrimination. Thinking this is any different from racism is just selective stupidity.

Pepto Bismol21

Yeah, what he said! Not joking, thats like a perfect anwser. I don't see the problem between Man and Man and Woman and Woman

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
This comes down to yet a bigger issue. Why is marriage so dammn important in our society? I have an uncle who never married my aunt, and they are happy as two fishes in the sea. I also have other uncles and aunts who have been married and now are divorced. Really, marriage is just stupid. Is just a fucking peace of paper that says you are suppose to love that person. All the things that are said at church when you are getting married are pretty much meaningless and are just lies! Have you heard this before? Till death do us apart? Well, how many million of divorces are going on right at this moment. Is just a fucking LIE! Is all a LIE. I don't see a problem why two homosexuals could go to the altar and LIE a few more times. Is just a piece of paper, that when shit hits the FAN, is totally meaningless and is stepped on like I stepped in my dogs crap last night!

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
ChilianFuckFace said:
This comes down to yet a bigger issue. Why is marriage so dammn important in our society?
taxing brackets and such.

PantherNews

Newsroom Thats Pissed!!
junglizm said:

What if homosexuals expected you to keep your sexuality "in the closet," would you think that was fair? Probably not! People are always ready to take away freedoms that don't effect them. But, if those same freedoms were taken form them, they'd cry, bitch and scream until someone listened. :rolleyes: You might as well say black people are ok, as long as you don't have to see them. Discrimination is discrimination. Thinking this is any different from racism is just selective stupidity.
I have to say that I love this reply. The use of "Selective Stupidity" is grand. Now that I got that out of the way, I agree completely. If it does not effect you personally, then why would you care what people do? I mean does it effect you when two people you dont know get married? What if I told you they were gay? Does that make it effect you personally? If it does then you're a fucking moron. If you argue its for a religious reason, then you're dumb as well. Million of people get "married" in other religious daily. I mean you can have any kind of marriage, it doesnt have to be a christian one. What if they got married by a Rabbi? Or a Hindu priest? Would that make it less offensive? Saying homosexuality should not be accepted because it is a sin is just plain wrong. Just because the majority of this country is christian, does not mean we should have a theocrecy. Theocrecies DO NOT WORK! We in the US claim to have a seperation of church and state, that line seems to be blurring lately as religious views effect political issues, such as abortion and gay rights. I see that I have gone off topic a little ways again, but it is all relavent, kinda.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Bare with me here... I'm sick and disoriented and this post will probably end up being crap.

Being in a gay relationship myself, I am all for gay marriage. I'd eventually like to be able to settle down with the love of my life, adopt some kids, and do whatever a 'normal' couple enjoy doing, as well as receive all of the financial benefits from such. To not allow me and my boyfriend to get married eventually is no different than allowing two blacks to get married.

Why? Because they can't control it: It's natural. No matter how much you'd like to turn away and believe that homosexuality doesn't exist naturally, and it's just a real weird fetish... It's not, it's natural.

I'll explain how my boyfriend puts it:

You'll notice that most people don't realize their gay until puberty or adolescense. Of course, this is no doubt because people don't naturally have sexual feelings until this age, but the reason comes in the developement during puberty. Most people are invariably straight for some period of time before BECOMMING gay.

You see, there are two hormones in the body, testosterone and estrogen. In a 'normal' straight man, the testosterone provides the sexual drive and the developements in male... Now, I forget how my boyfriend described it, but in a gay male, there are about equal amounts of testosterone and estrogen... To prevent abnormal developements (like 'female' parts) in the male body during puberty, however, the body begins producing extreme amounts of testosterone to outweigh the estrogen, but in turn also exempts it from having any part in the person's sex drive. Therefor, estrogen takes up the role, and basically causes gay males to be attracted to other males. Due to the increased estrogen and testosterone in gay males, it can cause an almost 'PMS' like symptom in some where estrogen is present in VERY large amounts, and almost invariably causes gay males to be spitey and violent during adolescent years from the extreme amounts of testosterone... I experienced this firsthand, so I know this is true. Post adolescense, these increased chemicals in a gay male can cause them to have a higher sex drive, but also a higher capacity for emotion that estrogen triggers. Sometime one is more noticeable than the other, which produces the stereotyped 'promiuscuous gay male' or the completely flamboyant femmes.

Anyways, if there are incosistancies in the description above, it's because I'm naseuous... My boyfriend desribes it infinitely better, so I'll probably ask him for his description and post it up so I can get it right... Regardless, my point is homosexuality is natural, and it is not a disease. It may be an abnormality in chemicals, but it is not a disease and does not need to be cured, and people should not be damned to not enjoy the joys of marriage because of these developements.

Gays have it hard enough as it is... As someone pointed out in one of the posts, gays are the blacks of the 21st century. Can't we learn from past mistakes and burn past this discrimination quicker this time? I think we can, if people would just toss aside their blatant homophobia and realize that we deserve equal rights too.

Besides, if christian bible humpers are so terribly obsessed with 'preserving the sanctity of marriage'... Why are they going after casual divorcees or divorce in general? That's a much more threatening problem to the 'sanctity' of marriage than homosexuals ever will be. Not only has Hollywood made marriage a farce in our society with celebrities marrying and divorcing for tax reasons, but marriage in general has become a high school dating scene... People marry before they're sure if they want to spend their life with their partner, and if they're not happy, they just divorce and move on to the next person. It holds no more sanctity than, well, high school dating.