WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gay/Lesbian Marriages

For-Starters

Banned - What an Asshat!
for starters,

what does everyone here think about gay and lesbian marriages?

I don't think they should be allowed because they ruin society as a whole.

Kid's who grow up being raised by two dads or two moms will just be fucked up....

Speak. :thumbsup:

hmmm, i don't know if i can get used to for_starters trying to have a normal converstaion about some social issue. anyway. first of all this thread belongs in "the issues". i know you love b&t cause it's what you're used to. anyway, i don't really have an opinion either way. i just don't like homos. lesbians are ok.

Leave them alone if they arnt tryign to pound your ass then let them do what they want to do. I say make them legal if they love each other then they have my blessing

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Yeah I think this discussion is better in the issues forum...

...moving...

morelos

lexicon incognito
good; a forum i read.

they do? do they spread disease? do they produce a bunch of unwanted, poor, welfare-collecting babies? do they car-bomb public facilities? do they spread homosexuality even?

how exactly do they ruin society as a whole? substantiate this claim immediately.

Kids who grow up being raised by two dads or two moms will just be fucked up....
they do? do the kids murder people? do the kids "turn gay?" do the kids, in turn, abuse their kids? substantiate this claim as well.

my opinion is that any two consenting adults that know what they look for in a life-partner should be allowed to pursue that in a life-partner.

look at the flip side. i'm straight. what does that actually mean? it means i require my life-partner to be female. i will not look among males for a life-partner.

maybe it's where i'm from; i dunno. it's been my experience that the gay people i know are generally better educated and take better care of their health than the breeders i know, and they tend to have stronger, more confident life-partnerships which create a more stable atmosphere of love and support for their children.

i guess what i'm saying is it's just like making sex among pre-18yrolds illegal. you can say they can't do it, but you can't stop it from happening. likewise, you can prevent gay marriage, but you won't eliminate the gayness or the gay life partnerships. why make life difficult on people who already have an extra tough time? it's no different from telling a black person to go to the back of the bus.

"gay" is the "black" of the 21st century. let's fix the civil rights problem and move on with life.

~ dan ~

morelos

lexicon incognito
have i ever told you that i love your avatar? haha..

GoalTaylor22

In The Flesh?
for_starters said:
for starters,

what does everyone here think about gay and lesbian marriages?

Kid's who grow up being raised by two dads or two moms will just be fucked up....

Speak. :thumbsup:
I'm very much against gay marriages, but the whole ruination of society thing I don't agree with. You make a good point though bringing the kids into it...we have no real examples of kids raised by gay couples, but I'd imagine it would further promote their unnatural lifestyle.

I mean, I'm all for them getting all the financial benefits for being a married couple, I just don't like the idea of giving young kids that picture growing up, and eventually maybe trying to emulate.

morelos

lexicon incognito
I'm very much against gay marriages, but the whole ruination of society thing I don't agree with. You make a good point though bringing the kids into it...we have no real examples of kids raised by gay couples, but I'd imagine it would further promote their unnatural lifestyle.
I'm gonna have to blow a whistle here.

from http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/27/MNG1H59R5Q1.DTL

news-article said:
... 17 percent of gay partnerships ended in divorce compared with 46 percent of the straight relationships
moreover, tons and tons of studies have been done, by actual sociologists (Spedale, et. al), which have shown that same-sex couples are equally conducive to successful child-rearing as are heterosexual couples.

Moreover, it does NOT promote an unnatural lifestyle. being gay is not learned behaviour and never will be. a homo can force himself not to express his homosexuality in choosing a partner, but just the same i'm sure i could try to date a guy and it would end in equal disaster. it just doesn't work trying to conform. blacks trying to look/act/be white.

I mean, I'm all for them getting all the financial benefits for being a married couple, I just don't like the idea of giving young kids that picture growing up, and eventually maybe trying to emulate.
moreover, because of the identity adversity that gays face, they tend to be more open-minded, more educated, and take better care of themselves. i've already discussed this, but these are traits that invariably imply they are at least as supportive and understanding as parents. in my personal experience, i've known three homosexual couples who have raised kids and not a one of them has even so much as joked about sexual preference or that their kids should be a certain way. and not a one of them wound up with a gay child (five kids between the three couples; one of them was my 3rd girlfriend).

it's not even the financial benefits gays want. imagine being with your partner for 20 some-odd years. your partner gets hospitalized. you want to go see him/her. the hospital tells you that you can't because "you're not family." regardless of the fact that you've lived with that person and shared a life for TWENTY YEARS and nobody knows him/her better than you do, and this is your dearest loved one: your life-partner, you are not allowed to see him/her at their death bed. likewise, after they die, since their house was in THEIR name and it wasn't ok for it to be in both of your names, you get evicted while the property goes through probate and may even be booted out for good from PERHAPS THE ONLY HOME YOU'VE KNOWN THROUGH YOUR ENTIRE ADULT LIFE because the family decides to do that.

give it serious thought, here..

~ dan ~

Well put Dan I must give you respect for the things you have to say, its nice to finally meet some one on here that can put a well written opinion on an issue that we as the future of this country are going to have to deal with

okay... see I have a bunch of gay and lesbian friends so I definetly dont have any problem with them.. nor do I getting married... I once wanted to marry my girlfriend I was in love with her.. and I still do love her with all my heart... yet I was too young then and now I just dont see her the same way... My boyfriend wants me to be bisexual yet I dont know... I love girls... I truely do... they are better than guys... at EVERYTHING...;)... but I dont want to get in the way between my boyfriend... yet I got off the subject... back on track.... I dont believe there is any problem with gays and lesbians getting married... they are human just like us ... they just find their own sex more .... hott than the opposite...

G.I. JET

Rebel of the Sacred Heart
I say let em have the gay marriage thing. No matter what they do, they can't change human nature. Basic biology and will not allow homosexuality to ever become a dominant, or even equally valid lifestyle. Instincts and nature emphasize survival, and reproduction. Basically, we can give them all the rights they want, and it won't change the fact that their lifestyles will never equate to a heterosexual one. As for homosexuals being more educated then heterosexuals... I think that that is bullshit. They are just like any other segment of th population, they are educated, uneducated, wealthy, poor... I don't think that you can generalize the group in that way.

morelos

lexicon incognito
GIjet said:
As for homosexuals being more educated then heterosexuals... I think that that is bullshit. They are just like any other segment of th population, they are educated, uneducated, wealthy, poor... I don't think that you can generalize the group in that way.
usually, you can't generalize for a group like that. but with gays it's a bit different. the huge stigma they face in society almost invariably motivates these folks to work harder at being more contributing members of society. it's pretty well-documented. remember, i would never make a claim i can't substantiate.

Lawdawg428 said:
Well put Dan I must give you respect for the things you have to say, its nice to finally meet some one on here that can put a well written opinion on an issue that we as the future of this country are going to have to deal with
thanks so much; how else can we work together to grow if we can't share and justify our ideas? it's not about agreeing or about some kind of bizarre harmony, but about individual growth by learning new points of view and the subsequent societal growth that follows!

the fact stands: no matter how illegal you make homosexuality, people will still be gay. that's not a solution, it's just retardation. literally.

~ dan ~

personally, i don't agree with it.

just cause the human race was divided into two separate genders... male and female... they were made to be together.

morelos

lexicon incognito
they were?

in every case?

it seems to me overpopulation would kill us. homosexuality is partly a natural response to overcrowding. it's nature's humane way of preventing select folks from reproducing and adding to the crowding problem.

most animals have predators to help with this. not humans. only polar bears hunt us, and there are like five of those to worry about so they won't make a dent.

lots of things were 'made to be together' but work just fine alone.

your blanket philosophy castigates not only gay relationships, but people who opt to stay single, divorcées, and people who dedicate their lives to the service of others.

~ dan ~

blitzen9090

The Moron...who complains
I agree

i agree, its just wrong u kno? but really as long as they stay away from me and dont infest the public with thier ideas.

sinew

Clitpickle
I personally think its wrong and wudnt want my kids (wen i have them) seeing 2 guyz kissing each other cuz thas just too much too handle.

morelos

lexicon incognito
don't infest the public with their ideas.
i bet you would have loved it if rosa parks and martin luther king never "infested the public with their ideas" also.

and to the idea of two boys kissing... a pre-pubescent kid who has been sheltered from that sort of thing will be equally confused when he sees a boy and a (ewwww, gross) girl kiss.

get the fuck over it. your kids are going to spend 90% of their lives being exposed to shit you don't support. different political views from yours. different religions. different lifestyles, too. teach your kid to think, unlike you do, so he can grow up and do a better job of finding his own way than you have thus far.

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
morelos said:
i bet you would have loved it if rosa parks and martin luther king never "infested the public with their ideas" also.

and to the idea of two boys kissing... a pre-pubescent kid who has been sheltered from that sort of thing will be equally confused when he sees a boy and a (ewwww, gross) girl kiss.

get the fuck over it. your kids are going to spend 90% of their lives being exposed to shit you don't support. different political views from yours. different religions. different lifestyles, too. teach your kid to think, unlike you do, so he can grow up and do a better job of finding his own way than you have thus far.

~ dan ~
People who hate all gays, don't know any gay people. They are they same as anyone else, trying to live their lives, they are just different then most.

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
I think the whole gay marriage thing is great
more marriages + unhappy ppl + love = Divorce Divorce = Time + Lawyers Lawyers = Time + lots of money so bascially i think that more marriages mean more divorces which will add to the already bulging pockets of lawyers and attourneys
Straight or not they have to have problems :D