WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, is your new home.

GeForce FX 5900XT Trouble

Hella Constipated
Alright, my brother has been having off/on issues with his video card for a couple weeks, and I'm pretty confused.

He says sometimes it takes two hours, two minutes, or two seconds. Even in the 2D desktop mode, he claims it gets all green and shit, and then his machine freezes.

He wanted me to test it in my machine, and it working fine. Everything I throw at it works.

Doom 3 on Ultra Quality, Day of Defeat Source, and for Serious Sam 2 I had him sit tight with me while I turned the memory intensive graphics on to the point where it overflowed and had to shuffle shit outta the card. Obviously I did that to check for bad memory.

Anyone else know about this shit?

His config:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
1024MB PC3200 Crucial RAM
Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe Motherboard (nF2 Ultra 400)
80GB Maxtor SATA 7200/8MB HDD
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
ThermalTake Xaser Butterfly 420w PSU
PowMax window case w/ handle (Built like shit, but has never had airflow issues...It's a cool running case).

My Config:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ OC'd to 3200+ (190FSB)
1024MB PC2100/3200 Crucial/Infineon RAM (Once again, stfu, the mixed speeds have never given me trouble) @ 124MHz due to FSB (Crucial ram cannot even OC 2MHz, crap.)
Chaintech 7NIL1 Motherboard (nF2 Ultra 400)
80GB WD Special Edition 7200/8MB ATA/133 HDD
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
ThermalTake TR-2 430w PSU
MGE Viper version 1 case w/ window (AMD dual CPU Opteron certified, heat is no issue here).

Any ideas?

Unstable overclock? Bad RAM? Bad power supply? Conflicting drivers? Aside form that, you've got me.

And goddammit, stop making posts I have to delete.