WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gehtfuct Gehts fuct!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Fuck!!

Ever have one of those days where your significant other would implore you to not do something stupid? Yet you do it any way. Well. I was heading out to a beer run, which is an hour away, and I'd had a few. Nothing to worry about, I've done the drive a thousand times. It consists of driving a half an hour one way in to what could only be described as something from the movie Deliverance. Nothing but trees and the occasional car and dip-shit wildlife. So I'm tooling along, cranking some Godsmack, enjoying the
peacefulness of what is Arkansux at night. Low and behold, out of nowhere a gumby looking deer is playing chicken in the middle of the road with me. Obviously I'm moving way beyond the speed limit, as there are hardly ever anything to stop me otherwise. This dumb fuck held true to his disposition, and holding his ground in the middle of the road. Short of head on, the only thing I can do is swerve.

The only thing I could do is vear right into the ditch. The deer still standing in amazement. All I could do is wish that I had a gun at the moment. The smartass deer obviously could sence my anger, so he slowly moved on. Me...I'm looking at a busted tail light, and the passenger side of my car had looked as if the '86 Chicago Bears Defencive end had their way with it. I'd managed to go ten years without a single scratch on this POS. And here we go. I'm glad that I've got a five hundred dollar deductable on this bitch.[/sarcazm] Full coverage for a car that's been paid for at least five and a half years.

The moral of this story; If you're going to persist in pretending that your significant other is ten times smarter than you in most aspects, don't tempt her to prove it to you in more ways than one.

If you have any dumbass moves that you'd like to share, please feel free to post them here. *Remember, this isn't B&T. Keep the personal jabs to a minimum*

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
No worries GF, I was tooling along, smacked a deer, obliterated my front passenger headlight, and then a week later, ran over Bambi. Deer are stupid and hormonal now. It sucks.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
It's the god dammed hilljacks spooking them out of the woods. That, and it's common knowledge that most deer have no fear of cars and/or people.

..well, at least they don't fear people that aren't pointing BOOMsticks at them.
Gee...I can't wait until the conversation the Wife and I have tomorrow. :flamed:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'm not sure if you mean the deer meat in the freezer, or my driving privileges.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
gehtfuct said:
Fuck!!
The moral of this story; If you're going to persist in pretending that your significant other is ten times smarter than you in most aspects, don't tempt her to prove it to you in more ways than one.
This is the truest statement I have ever read here.

And, sorry about your car. It could have been worse.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Prior to the more that I'd like to pay for "bend him over" repairs, I've got plenty of venison to be cooked, or to be taken to the deer in question and flaunt it in front of him.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
gehtfuct said:
Prior to the more that I'd like to pay for "bend him over" repairs, I've got plenty of venison to be cooked, or to be taken to the deer in question and flaunt it in front of him.
I'd like to respond to that post, but I have no idea what you were trying to say. :confused:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
OK. Now that I'm looking forward to gehtting the "bend him over" price tag for any repairs, Taking the meat out of the freezer and beating the deer with it seems to be pointless. Vindicating, but pointless.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Wee! I understand now!

Too bad you're going to get raped on the repairs. My insurance company let me choose wherever I wanted to get my truck repaired. Also, they told me that anything under $2000 qualified me for a quick claim. I had the check for the repair amount in 5 days.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i avoided this thread a while.. GF seems to like/dislike me with all the regularity of xmas lights..
but anyway, i'm glad you're ok GF.. really.
could've been so much worse, imagine if you wrecked on the motorbike? regardless of any damage to yourself that may have ensued i think you would have bit the bambi-bastard's throat if you slid your bike just because he wanted to stand on the 'black stuff'..
it's thanksgiving.. i imagine you're saying thanks you're not in hospital or a box..

btw, good avoidance driving. better to bang a car than bang your head. :thumbsup:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
They say the worst thing you can do is try to avoid the deer. Considering that's where most of the damage comes from, like hitting stationary objects, bears dumping in the woods or the ever popular, oncoming traffic. I guess they think that it's better to take the McDeernuts head on into the windshield. WTF?! The idiot that thought that bullshit up obviously must drive a military issue Hummer. Fuckdat!

Today I returned to the scene of the crime looking for my $179.00 passenger side mirror, and some plastic molding. I tell ya what, There was no sign that I was even there last night. Spooky! Bah! I can do all the minor body work myself with fair ease, it'll give me an excuse to paint the bitch black like I wanted it in the first place. I'd geht started on it, but for some reason all the lazy fuckers running the stores seem to think it's more important to spend the day with family. Bitches!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
gehtfuct said:
They say the worst thing you can do is try to avoid the deer. WTF?! The idiot that thought that bullshit up obviously must drive a military issue Hummer. Fuckdat!
agreed, i second that.. i've seen pix of deers through windshields.. and the driver didn't take the photo :thumbsdn:
but i ran a dog over a few months ago, a pup that ran out on me.. considering how much i LOVE dogs i was amazed that i kept an even keel and plowed into the dog and not a tree or oncomig traffic.

what were you driving?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
void said:
what were you driving?
A 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme P.O.S.

I'd already removed the molding from the door and the interior of the door as well. I'm hoping to, with minimal pain, remove the door skin to pound out any heavy dents. The rear quarter panel is what's going to be a bitch. I'll have to use a dent puller for that, as there is no easy access to the interior of it. And the rear quarter panel molding was the part that has been riped off during touchdown. As you can see, that entire piece follows along the whole door bottom. Bummer. Well, I'd rather not have this headache, but I bought the car new in early '96. So, I've got my money out of it. I'd rather not put any money into it. In case you're wondering, that's not a rip in the door. It's an impact bar on the inside of the door. Had it not been there, It would be less of a pain to fix.

Whee!~

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
phone around the junkers/breakers for a door.. lot less hassle and then you're half done :thumbsup:

EDIT "i'd rather not put anymore money into it".. missed that bit on the first read.

geht try living in the great north west during mating season! the moose here are horrible, they stand on the highway like they are daring you. with those big bastards, you lose every time, and they walk away some what annoyed. and why is it, when your on the highway, doing at least 20 clicks over the speed limit that they are standing on the otherside of a sharp corner? its almost like they wait there, here a car comming then step onto your side and wait to yell boo!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
void said:
phone around the junkers/breakers for a door.. lot less hassle and then you're half done :thumbsup:

EDIT "i'd rather not put anymore money into it".. missed that bit on the first read.
I've acually thought about that. But it's not the door that is the problem. It's the rear quarter panel. (between the door and the rear wheel well) That is the pain in my ass. Yes, I've got better cars and trucks to drive, but none are as fun as this POS. Ten years old, and still hits zero to sixty in less than five seconds. And it's oh so comfy.
Nymphchick said:
geht try living in the great north west during mating season! the moose here are horrible, they stand on the highway like they are daring you. with those big bastards, you lose every time, and they walk away some what annoyed. and why is it, when your on the highway, doing at least 20 clicks over the speed limit that they are standing on the otherside of a sharp corner? its almost like they wait there, here a car comming then step onto your side and wait to yell boo!
And that, my sexy friend is why I'm installing front undercarriage machine gun turrets.