WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

German anarchists TV ad

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Germany is having it's election soon, so the anarchist party have been running an ad of their own..

BERLIN (Reuters) - A fringe German anarchist party has outraged national television audiences with its election campaign television spot -- a video montage of booze-fuelled chaos, syringes and men cavorting with topless women.
An estimated one million viewers watched the German Anarchist Pogo Party's already heavily censored political broadcast (http://www.appd.de/wahlspot/wahlspot.php) when it was shown for the first time on Monday.

Rather than offer any presentation of policies, the party's campaign spot spliced together scenes of debauched revellers smashing furniture, pouring beer down each other's throats and groups of couples kissing and groping each other, all set to a frantic heavy metal soundtrack.

As an officially registered political party, the Hamburg-based APPD, which sells t-shirts on its Web site that proclaim "Arbeit ist Scheisse" ("work is shit"), is entitled to free television air time for its advertisements.

Karl Nagl, campaign manager of the APPD, told Reuters on Wednesday the party would continue to run the ad.

"The next broadcast is scheduled for Monday night," he said.

But he said the broadcasting authorities might insist the party remove scenes featuring needles, which he said depicted people taking blood samples and not intravenous drug abuse.

German newspapers say the party's roughly 750 members would have no discernible impact on the September 18 parliamentary elections.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
what? your saying that isn't good?:D

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
never seen that one, even though i have that flag over there < . I guess im just not cool enough. (edited on from here on) I just clicked the link, and if you can read german (cough) it says that they arent aloud to run that commercial. I take back any hint that that commercial might be cool, its the most retarted almost nazi thing ive seen in a long time.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I'd say that they are promoting counter-culture more than anarchy. I also doubt they understand the problems within an anarchistic society (no cops, no fire fighters, no hospitals, etc.).

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ReiMeishin said:
I'd say that they are promoting counter-culture more than anarchy. I also doubt they understand the problems within an anarchistic society (no cops, no fire fighters, no hospitals, etc.).
did you see the video? they're too drunk to worry about hospital right now..

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Yeah your right. Silly me for actually trying to find "logic" behind their position. :p

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
dude, almost every person between 14 and 21 here is counter-culture, so many people with mohawks or other shity haircuts and clothes, and all listen to shit pop/rock. (goddamnit im the oonly one in the contry that listens to mudvayne and i dress normally, (american)). No Those guys are just drunken bastards with no reason other than being stupid.