WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

German Potato Salad

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Taylor asked for the recipe, and since I had to type it out anyways, here it is.

• 11-12 Medium Potatoes - boiled - sliced or cubed
  • 1/2 dozen eggs - boiled - sliced or diced
  • 1 medium onion - diced (may be sautéd beforehand)
  • 1 lb. bacon cooked - crumbled (save grease)

Place all dry ingredients in a large Crock Pot or an oven safe roaster. Set aside.
  • 2 t. flour
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 c. vinegar [Distilled,(white) or Cider]
  • 1 c. Water
  • 1/2 of saved bacon grease
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Combine these ingredients and cook until mixture thickens. Add to dry ingredients. Stir, and serve hot, and keep warm Tastes best after cooking for an hour or two at least.

Note: Boiling potatoes in lightly salted water makes them easier to season after cooking.

BONUS RECIPIE

Wilted lettuce
  • 1 lb. bacon - fried and crumbled, grease saved
  • 1/2 dozen boiled eggs - sliced or diced
  • Green leafy vegetables such as Spiniach and leaf lettuce.

Dressing:
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 c. Water
  • 1 c. Vinegar
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1-2 T. Bacon grease

Combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt and pepper together, and microwave until warm. Add bacon grease and drizzle over bowl of mixed greens and eggs, while dressing is still warm. Serve immedietly.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Darklight said:
what the fuck...
Sorry, I should have elaborated. I just so happens to be a recipe, a set of instructions to cook food, rules for the kitchen, stuff to eat, num-nums, vittles... need I go on?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
yeah I know that but why.... just shits and giggles?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
oh ok i see now... I wasnt on the irc.... so I didnt know.. and I ignorantly didnt notice the top line... i was in moron mode for a minute... you win one free bitchslap.... to use on me when you choose...

Jung

???
Premium
Darklight said:
yeah I know that but why.... just shits and giggles?
Can't people post recipes here without needing to explain why? Personally, I think it'd be nice if more people did so, especially since most Chit Chat threads are devoid of any interesting content.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
perhaps we need a kitchen section for recipies? perhaps something for feedback... but I'd be happy to post recipies.. I got lots of em

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Then post away. Although I don't think we need a kitchen section for the few recipes that end up getting posted anyways.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Taylor asked for the recipe, and since I had to type it out anyways, here it is.

• 11-12 Medium Potatoes - boiled - sliced or cubed
  • 1/2 dozen eggs - boiled - sliced or diced
  • 1 medium onion - diced (may be sautéd beforehand)
  • 1 lb. bacon cooked - crumbled (save grease)

Place all dry ingredients in a large Crock Pot or an oven safe roaster. Set aside.
  • 2 t. flour
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 c. vinegar [Distilled,(white) or Cider]
  • 1 c. Water
  • 1/2 of saved bacon grease
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Combine these ingredients and cook until mixture thickens. Add to dry ingredients. Stir, and serve hot, and keep warm Tastes best after cooking for an hour or two at least.

Note: Boiling potatoes in lightly salted water makes them easier to season after cooking.

BONUS RECIPIE

Wilted lettuce
  • 1 lb. bacon - fried and crumbled, grease saved
  • 1/2 dozen boiled eggs - sliced or diced
  • Green leafy vegetables such as Spiniach and leaf lettuce.

Dressing:
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 c. Water
  • 1 c. Vinegar
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1-2 T. Bacon grease

Combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt and pepper together, and microwave until warm. Add bacon grease and drizzle over bowl of mixed greens and eggs, while dressing is still warm. Serve immedietly.
Sounds yummy...

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
bigck3000 said:
german fried potatoes?
I don't really have a recipe for those. It's just a dish that's thrown together around here. But I'll try.

Basically you only need 5 things.

Potatos, Onions, oil, salt and pepper.

Boil, peel and slice the potatoes.

Dice and saute the onions in some oil.

Toss in the potatoes, salt and pepper to taste, then fry the holy hell out of them.

You can get as fancy as you want by substituting lard or bacon grease for the oil. You can also use uncooked potatoes, but I've found that they won't absorb as much seasoning as a good boiled potato.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
This thread is the Taters! Two Taters Up! :munchies::munchies: