WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Getting a tat

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
my man said it only hurt in a few places. mine didnt hurt at all, but then again, I was pretty fucked up.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Oh yes. And the closer to the bone, the more it hurts. But you should be okay. The more it hurts, the more you'll appreciate it. The ones that really fucking hurt are areas that have large concentrations of blood vessels (i.e. neck, palms, the back of the knee, etc.). Afterwards - do what the artist tells you. They know what they're fucking talking about. And either bring a friend or get them to write the instructions down, because you'll be so jazzed off endorphins you may not remember aftercare instructions.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
shoulder shouldnt hurt much..if its on the edges of the shoulderblade than it might.....it will deffinatly hurt if it is closer to the spine.........btw i got mine done......its a tribal tat going around my arm....3 1/2 hours nonstop lol.....the only time it hurt was the "underside" of the arm......but the "outside" was lil pinching sensations........good luck with the tat.....dont get nothin stupid and if u do post a pic......actually post a pic either way.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I told myself i was going to beat the shit out the next guy I met with a "tribal arm band" tattoo. I'm thinking of getting my grandfathers name on my forearm but i'm having second thoughts. It was going to be that Led Zeppelin angel...but it seemed to retarded.

gummi_

Tenderony
I either want a shoulder blade tattoo or one that spreads across both shoulder blades and goes across my back ... like wings, one on the left one on the right and they connect in the middle :)

I dunno much about the tattoo hurting while being done ... id assume you'd feel something i jus dunno what! good luck

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I've got 3 tats, mostly they don't hurt. It feels more like a good case of sunburn really. Think, a LOT of people get tats and even the pansiest of them can take the pain so it can't possibly be THAT bad.

I've got one that runs right accross the spine and over both shoulder blades. I'll be honest, it wasn't comfortable but it's bearable. If you're really concerned, have your artist stick you a little to give you an idea. He should pick an interior line so if you jump he can come back and fix it later.

The only time it really does hurt is when he's close to a nerve. When he hit the nerve on my thigh my pinky toe started twitching. It hurt at first, then it was just funny to see that toe going apeshit.

And do listen to what they say about after care. If you can, leave it exposed to the air. It'll scab over and heal faster than if you keep it covered. Listen to your artist, ask the questions BEFORE hand and be clear on what he tells you. If you forget CALL HIM and ask again.

DIZNUTS

bigck3000 said:
I told myself i was going to beat the shit out the next guy I met with a "tribal arm band" tattoo. I'm thinking of getting my grandfathers name on my forearm but i'm having second thoughts. It was going to be that Led Zeppelin angel...but it seemed to retarded.
mine is "free style" tribal not that plain black tribal that looks like shit......i hate em but i like mine.....and i got it b4 "tribal" was hot lol

p.s. make sure u get a tat custom made and not have 1 of those from posters that they have.....tats should b original.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
get a pentagram on your palm

EDIT: if i were to get a tat i'd get all of my phylosophies written on my back

what the hell!my response got erased :mad: well good spot, ya the outside line may hurt, but with mine the inside coloring didn't :rolleyes: so good luck with it, follow through. tats are very sexy ;)

magnolia

Postaholic
My cuz told me that they hurt like a bitch when you get them done on the small of the back. but since u're looking at the shoulder I couldn't tell ya.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Since it'd suck if the artist mispelled something in the Poem I'd have to suggest the Oreo on the ass.

Of course how do you explain why you have a cream filled cookie tattooed on your ass?

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
honestly...if your worried about how much its gonna hurt...i question whether you should go get it done....i was stoked for my first...got two now...i wasnt worried about the pain i just wanted to know what it felt like...and bloody hell its gotta be one of the best feelings in the world...just puts in a zone....like pink floyd almost...personally i say the more painful a spot is the better....in the end your just that much more stoked to show that you made it through

DIZNUTS

Nymphchick said:
what the hell!my response got erased :mad: well good spot, ya the outside line may hurt, but with mine the inside coloring didn't :rolleyes: so good luck with it, follow through. tats are very sexy ;)
the outside line hurt cuz the tat artist used either a 3 or a 1 needle gun.....when they color in/shade in they use atleast 9 needles......

more needles= less pain, weird huh?

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
UberSkippy said:
And do listen to what they say about after care. If you can, leave it exposed to the air. It'll scab over and heal faster than if you keep it covered. Listen to your artist, ask the questions BEFORE hand and be clear on what he tells you. If you forget CALL HIM and ask again.
what uberskippy said, and I have one on my left arm a "tribal dragon", got it for b-present from my mum =) nicenice mum i have sometimes =)
it does hurt when it gets closer to the bone, just don't be all tense..becouse it isnt that bad, and it can do so you pass out..ask for pauses if you feel that you need em, otherwise you can pass out. and the most important FOLLOW instructions.

and it is true that 3needles = less pain
and 1 needle = more pain..

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Stardust is right, the more needles the less pain.

The one on my back was a 14 needle afair. (That's what the artist said, I never saw it myself.) Didn't hurt nearly as much as the 2 needle line gun he used.

DIZNUTS

UberSkippy said:
Stardust is right, the more needles the less pain.

The one on my back was a 14 needle afair. (That's what the artist said, I never saw it myself.) Didn't hurt nearly as much as the 2 needle line gun he used.
shading my tribal was 18....but he had 2 use a 3 need to shade in the "under side" cuz my skin was really thin and the ink was stayin......now that shit hurt

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
elburko8 said:
so i'm getting a tatoo on my shoulder blade, and i wanted to know if it hurts?
If it goes over the blade it hurts more than the rest. Although, it´s a bunch of needles grinding your skin to a pulp, yes it hurts.