WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Getting My Shit Together

I've made up my mind. After working in this hell hole for the past five years, pissing my life away.....putting up with all kinds of bullshit just cause I was too lazy/afraid to get off my ass, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna quit.

I hate the way things are right now. The other night, I was making myself some dinner after a crappy day at work, and it hit me: 90% of the time, I am alone. Not that being alone bothers me in general, but this is a bit much. I hardly see my family anymore. By the time I get home from work, they're asleep. By the time I wake up the next day, they're at work. Then by the time they get home from work, I'm at work. The majority of people I come into contact with on a daily basis (customers) are complete strangers who talk to me like I'm a fucking moron. I'm tired of it. I want out.

Therefore, I will be looking for a new job all this week, maybe even next week, or however long it takes. Wish me luck! :happysad:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Hey! Change is good Zoloft, I'm glad you think so too, It sounds good to me, and I hope you have a better job, WHICH you probably will! :D

GOOD LUCK!

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
well I wish you the best of luck with that, I hope you find something you at least like, from the sound of it you can probably do with a change, or at the very least a better job :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Awesome! I wish you the very best of luck, ZoloftCasserole!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
there will be one downside.. (possibly) no more eloquent ranting on the futility of dealing with cuntstomers..

please get a job that at least inspires you to some minor ranting..

void said:
there will be one downside.. (possibly) no more eloquent ranting on the futility of dealing with cuntstomers..

please get a job that at least inspires you to some minor ranting..
LOL. Will do. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys (and gals!) :D

gummi_

Tenderony
Good luck with the change :)

Are you going for a job in the same industry... or have you got new ideas about what you want to do for a living?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Good luck hun! The trick is to get a job with some "regular hours" so you can have a life outside of work. I know how you feel. Really good luck and stick with it, It can be much better than it is!

diamond

The nice guy
So many of us do this. As our priorities change we 'take stock of our lives'. Sometimes people need a huge event to make them look at the way they live their lives. Others have the courage to just do it.

Good luck to you and go for it!

magnolia

Postaholic
Good luck Z! :hug2: I'm glad you're taking an initiative (sp?). Happy job hunting!

gummi_ said:
Are you going for a job in the same industry... or have you got new ideas about what you want to do for a living?
Well, I'm definitely looking to get away from working with customers. I'm just not a people person, and I'm surprised I've made it this far. I'm hoping to find something that involves atleast some physical labor cause, frankly, sitting behind a desk for eight hours sucks ass. We'll see.

Again: Thanks everyone, for your support! :thumbsup:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
It's about fucking time, zoloft. Didn't I suggest that to you two or three months back? :p

Good luck with the search, Z.

Do what my friend did, and don't give your current employers any warning. When you find a new job, just leave. :thumbsup:

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
GOOD LUCK, and happy hunting Z. I hope you find a better job making more money.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
got a new job yet?

ok everyone else has wished you luck so i will spare you. go out there and kick someone's/somethings ass till you beat them into submission and they give you a job for fear of thier life.