WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Getting sick

magnolia

Postaholic
It seems like every time my bf and I have sex I get sick. At first it was just stomache problems. Then I got a yeast infection (Which I was told was not sexually transmitted.) Which doesn't matter anyway since we always use condoms. But now this last time I got a UTI. What's up with this?

gummi_

Tenderony
Has your boyfriend ever gone to the doctor with you? When you got sick after sex?

I think it would be a good idea to take him along or get him to go to one on his own time... because if its just you seeking treatment / answers then you only have half the 'problem' (and even then its only if there's a problem on your side of things) to work with.

When getting treatment for STI's they tell you to not only treat yourself, but also to get you partner checked out and treated if necessary, id be treating this the same way (not implying you have any icky diseases! :p).

So yea, if you havnt already, my advice is to take him along to the doctor or get him to see one on his own time, hope everything works out for you :)

Slacker

Postaholic
Not to be the stupid one, but what is UPI?

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Sounds to me like a possible latex allergy. Go to your doc and get tested, or try non-latex condoms (polyurethane I think).

Cheers and happy humping,

WTFN

magnolia

Postaholic
WTFNation said:
Sounds to me like a possible latex allergy. Go to your doc and get tested, or try non-latex condoms (polyurethane I think).

Cheers and happy humping,

WTFN
We don't use latex condoms cuz I'm allergic to latex. I think part of it may have to do with the nynoxnil 9 (sp) the spermicide. I've heard that that can upset the vaginal lining. But I don't know what to do then cuz I've looked at all the places around here that sell condoms and nobody has non-latex condoms without a spermicidal lube. or even female condoms. (Which is what my doc. recomended.) I'm at a loss.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
For some reason I just wouldn't trust a mail-order condom.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
magnolia said:
We don't use latex condoms cuz I'm allergic to latex. I think part of it may have to do with the nynoxnil 9 (sp) the spermicide. I've heard that that can upset the vaginal lining. But I don't know what to do then cuz I've looked at all the places around here that sell condoms and nobody has non-latex condoms without a spermicidal lube. or even female condoms. (Which is what my doc. recomended.) I'm at a loss.
You might want to consider using a different birth control method. there's the ring, the patch, or just the pill....those are pretty good. The both of you with that decision would have to make a pact to be honest with each other. no cheating because that puts the both of you at risk for a disease so it is better to fess up and admitt any straying for health sake. Also if you feel it safer, both of you should get tested for any std's and aids. Just so you know for sure it's a clean slate you are starting from. using birth control this way, assuming no one strays, you have the same chance of getting pregnant as if you were using a condom. The birth control methods I mentioned are really quite stable as long as you follow directions very closely. I know someone that is also latex sensative and got the same irritations you did almost every time. It could be the lube you are using, but like you said, most condoms, latex or not, have some spermicidal jelly already on it, and that might be what you are sensative too. or you are just very sensative there which is just as bad as an allergy.

magnolia

Postaholic
Yeah. I'm on bc already. But we use condoms just to be extra safe.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
ok im not positive but im pretty sure you dont get a yeast infection or a urinary track infection from condom allergies.

"A kind of fungus called Candida causes vaginal yeast infections. It is normal to have some yeast in your vagina. Usually yeast is in balance with other organisms. But sometimes the balance is lost, and yeast overgrowth occurs. Hormonal changes can affect the acidity of the vagina and lead to yeast overgrowth. Another common cause of yeast infections is taking antibiotics. "

as far as UTI i am a pro on UTI's i constantly get them. make sure to go to the bathroom before and after sex. the vagina has bacteria on it and when you constantly have a penis going out and in it tends to push the bacteria around causing UTI's

"Transmission Usually through fecal contamination of the urinary tract. " basically just confirms what i said

Descent

Hella Constipated
magnolia said:
It seems like every time my bf and I have sex I get sick. At first it was just stomache problems. Then I got a yeast infection (Which I was told was not sexually transmitted.) Which doesn't matter anyway since we always use condoms. But now this last time I got a UTI. What's up with this?
Tell "Slater" to wash his dick.

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
My gyno told me you could get UTI from your sexual partner. It's not common, but guys could get it and pass it back onto you. But then again you're using condoms.

UTI's are mainly caused by what icka said, the bacteria being pushed around ofrom sex etc. I get them ALOT or used to till my doc reccomended taht I used the batheroom before and after as well as make cranberry juice a part of my daily routine at least one glass a day and it will help keep those nasty UTIs away trust me I hate them I got one a month sometimes, but...they can also be caused by drinking nothing but cokes & no water to "wash" out your blatter etc. I'm kinda surprised your doc didn't say these things to you, mine did the first time I got one...I just didn't listen to him till later on.

Plus being on BC expect to get alot of yeast infections, just cuz of the rise and fall of hormones from them. I get them alot too, eat lots of yogurt it will help you out on that problem there.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Yah make sure you still use condoms with Bc. I got preg with my first daughter on the BC pill and then preg with my second daughter on the BC shot. So um, dont always just trust the bc ladies mmk thanks bye.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
icka said:
OK im not positive but im pretty sure you dont get a yeast infection or a urinary track infection from condom allergies.
Normally that is true but I had gotten them so many times while I used condoms. My gyno realised I was getting the reactions from latex. I had tried out many ways of eliminating any other possibilities, wiping differently, using white non-dyed undies only, washing at least two to three times daily, anything I was told to do and I still got it. The tip off was if I wore a latex glove I'd get a rash in the area with cracked bleeding skin on my hand and it would spread a little very soon after putting on the glove (it didn't matter if it was a powdered latex glove or not). Most people get asthma or even some nasty form of shock from latex but there are a few that just get skin irritations from latex.

sinamon> It is better to use a condom with birth control. I strongly agree with you, but my suggestion was if she is allergic to condoms she'll have to rely on the other methods. You can start out with a small allergy to latex but it can grow and possibly make you VERY sick or worse. That's why if you ever end up in the hospital for any reason and tell them you are allergic to Latex, they make a HUGE deal of it. No one is allowed in your room with anything latex on because you don't know what the latex allergy will worsen if it does.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
Um thanks Bitch, but I found that out the hard way. mmk. I was just merely letting other females know not to trust it alone. You should use condoms regardless of the type of BC you are on. Im living proof of the 1% of the 99% effective. Yah I know, I was young and careless. Just relaying my life story so no other young women are stuck loosing their childhood young. Dont get me wrong, I love my girls to death and I wouldnt give them back for anything. They are the light of my life besides my wonderfull man, but I just wish it would have happened a few more years later. But yah life's a bitch and then we die :thumbsup: .

magnolia

Postaholic
Yeah Bitch, I feel like I'm callin you out or something. Ok, now that that's behind me. My doctors all know that I have a latex allergy and nobody uses latex on me. We don't use latex condoms for obvious reasons. I think I'm allergic to the spermicide on the condom. I can't seem to find any, male or female, that don't have anything on them that aren't latex. Except the sheep skin wich is like $7 a pack. Maybe I'll just have to switch to those. But I've heard that they aren't as effective. We'll see. I'd rather not risk just leaving it up to bc cuz I have a habbit of falling out of the habbit of taking my meds every single day and I sometimes forget to take it.

And sin, I'm kindof surprised that he's all good with kids. Well, not surprised. He's a big kid himself and really kind hearted. I'm glad he's going to take care of you all. You'll make a wonderful couple for years to come. Let me know when the wedding is so I can send u guys something!

And you're very very right. Life IS a bitch and then we die. Sucks, but that's the way the world goes round. Night all!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
magnolia said:
Hun spermicidal lube is not for everyday use. However buy non lube condoms, they sell those both in latex and non-latex. Than lub it up yourself... *can be half the fun*

Get some Ky-gel and your set.

magnolia

Postaholic
Yeah. I've looked for the ones without spermicidal lube. They don't sell them in my area. They're either latex or they have the lube on them. Or they're super spendy sheeps skin. Which I'm not sure either of us is completely comfortable using. Maybe I'll just have to find a big ol condom store and use that for my needs. :D