WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Ghost spotting...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Do you believe in ghosts? With the ghouls and ghost season upon us, has anyone spotted any ghosts on their own? Or know of others who have? What local places do you know of that are rumored to be haunted?

Some say they appear in the woods, warehouses, homes and inns across northeast Ohio. Such as Squires Castle, LockKeepers Inn, Gore Orphanage, Fairport Harbor Lighthouse, and even the Federal Reserve. I have yet to spot any ghosts amongst those locations. But I do have to say the Gore Orphanage is spooky as hell.

The following is a blurb from one of the local news stations as to what to look for to find ghosts ::

magnolia

Postaholic
I used to clean house for my neighbor when he was at his house in the twin cities. I never felt comfortable there alone, but it was never that big a deal. So anyway, I'm cleaning and it's late and dark and all the doors and windows are locked so that nobody can sneak in while i'm not looking.(my mom's thing. she was anal about it) So the lights are off in the basement and i'm cleaning upstairs with the radio on. I'm vacuming and I can feel a distinctly male presence following me. I look around and decide to turn up the radio to keep my mind off it. (It wasn't the first time I'd gotten that feeling.) So then I go on to wash the kitchen floor and I can hear boys playing and running around downstairs. Now I KNOW that nobody is in the house with me. So I finish up real quick, turn off all the lights, lock up, and leave quickly. This isn't the first time things like that had happened either, but that was the worst. They had all sorts of magic cards under the bed in the boy's room too. So I quit cuz I couldn't handle it. I believe that something was there with me. Something male too. (I was b-sitting his boys once and while they were out on the boat the older neighbor boy came in and tried to rape me once. Man was he in pain, but that's another story.) Anyway, maybe that had something to do with it, but I have no idea. Nobody can prove to me that there aren't spirits or gohsts, but there's plenty of "evidence" that there are mishappenings. Plus, my other neighbors "mother" lives upstairs. We've tested it. Something's there. (BTW, her mother has been dead well over 50 yrs.)

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
i havent wittnesesed any really close people diying around me except for my great grandmother she diesd not long ago at the age of 105 no joke 105.. we inherited most of her things and passed them off through the immidate family she was a great sports fan cricket and aussie rules especially..but during her last year and a half she got into the bold and the beautiful which we all thought was sad ( during her 105th the channel 10 presenter got her a giant poster of them trust me it took us a while to get rid if it) but anyway the main thing here is that we inherited her beast of a tv this cant begarrunteed to ghostly presence but one nite i was siting there watching law and order and when it had finished i went into the other room to watch a dvd
i didnt reolise it at the time until my dad pointed it out was that the tv had turned back on and was on a different channel......ohkay it may just be a one off thing but theres more later my mum said that had been happening to her in the afternoons......the bold and the beautiful is on at four o'clock soo theres another odd thing that happened.

story number two
about a few days before her 105th my great uncle died of a heart attack onb their holiday back to england.....we were at the local bar eating fish and chips for lunch the next day and i began to think about it...my pops who was his brother was upset about it ( they were up at our house for a few days they live 200km south of us) and when we were walking out i was thinking of it and when i looked beind me guess who i saw my great uncle walking with the rest of the adults behind me i blinked and looked back...he was gone...

im sure i could pull out some of which happen over here but i cant be bothered

:) :)

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i don't like ghosts we have to stand they don't

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well...Maggie...did this ever occur to you?

Maybe there WERE boys downstairs...boys frequently do shit on dares like that. Little boys will often dare each other to do something with dire consequences, such as breaking and entering a house, and then playing in the basement.

I have had this happen to me before...Because I am Atheist, I narrow shit like this down to basic logic (I don't believe in spirits or all that shit). My bro and I once heard someone yelling downstairs in our basement in our old house. I said, "Andrew, did you just heard Dad downstairs?" "Yes." "Oh shit, what do we do?" We sat there for ten minutes, then went into the basement, to find nothing.

You know what it was? Some fucking robber who entered into out house through the basement windows, then heard us, got spooked, and bailed. Clearly he had no weapons on him, or else he would not have bailed like that.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
im an athiest too, and i know the brain is a powerfull thing, it can make u sick if u trully beleive u are. i think u wanted to hear things or atleast your brain heard one thing and turned it into another, and yes that can happen.....or maybe that ghost was that old guys ghost trying t huant/rape u from the dead lol.

Descent

Hella Constipated
This somewhat disproves the paranormal theory. I was just in this park today, and I did a search on the K.P.P.C. center (Out of curiosity, we were wondering what those buldings were) Well, there are a few houses on the campus, and clearly someone saw them break and enter, and decided to play a prank. Trust me, there is no such things as ghosts.

Long Island Ghost

First I just want to say I'm not crazy I was not the only one to experience strange things at the place of my story. I live on long island NY, in my town is a old closed down psychiatric ward. (Now it is a park!) This place was called K.P.P.C. (Kings Park psychiatric something or other) There are about twenty buildings on this huge property. Well one day me and a few friends decided to break in. This was five years ago we were about fifteen. First we broke into a ordinary building it was two stories and the place was a mess. Holes in the walls and ceilings and just basically it stunk. We looked around and made our way down to the basement. It must have been the fallout shelter cause signs outside said so. As we walk down a tunnel we saw a wooden door we open it a little nervously and of course it was empty. But whoever was down there had to be really bad. As I exited I felt something grab onto my leg and jumped. It shook me and my friends Cary. Did you hear that Shawn said. And we all did it sounded like footsteps. We all had bats and assorted weapons so we stood waiting for what-ever it was. But there was nothing. We continued wandering around till we got to the end of the floor. we were in a end of the floor room when we heard something like someone running towards the room. So again we freaked out and took a defensive stance. As soon as it reached the door of the room it stopped. Now we just wanted to get the hell out of dodge so we took a huddle that made us all back to back. We were almost off that floor when we saw a shadow hop across the wall and heard banging on the walls. We ran like we never ran before. I have never entered that building again And I warn anyone with any doubt about the paranormal it does exist. From what I experienced it is very violent so please if you see or hear anything get away!

Descent

Hella Constipated
ROFL, YuckFou!

There are plenty of TV's/Cable/Sattelite boxes that have timers in them that tell them to go to a certain channel at a certain time. That's what happened!

Don't be so silly.

magnolia

Postaholic
jstager said:
Well...Maggie...did this ever occur to you?

Maybe there WERE boys downstairs...boys frequently do shit on dares like that. Little boys will often dare each other to do something with dire consequences, such as breaking and entering a house, and then playing in the basement.

I have had this happen to me before...Because I am Atheist, I narrow shit like this down to basic logic (I don't believe in spirits or all that shit). My bro and I once heard someone yelling downstairs in our basement in our old house. I said, "Andrew, did you just heard Dad downstairs?" "Yes." "Oh shit, what do we do?" We sat there for ten minutes, then went into the basement, to find nothing.

You know what it was? Some fucking robber who entered into out house through the basement windows, then heard us, got spooked, and bailed. Clearly he had no weapons on him, or else he would not have bailed like that.
This was at 11 pm and I had checked the basement out before I'd freaked. I turned on the light and went down with the mop. Hey, if there was someone down there they were gadda get it. Anyway, I checked every nook and cranny and saw nobody. I went back up and turned off the lights and a few min later it started again. I scoured that house looking for anyone and nobody was there cept for me. Besides, there are only two little boys down my road and both are my brothers and both were already sleeping soundly on the sofa when I left. There was something there.

magnolia

Postaholic
har.har. I know what i heard and experienced. And the guy who tried to rape me is alive and well and in jail at age 21, so I doubt it was his spririt comming back from the dead.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
I grew up in Wilmington NC. about 5 minutes away from FT. Fisher for those of you who don't know FT. Fisher was one of the last standing strongholds in the civil war. To date you can still take tours there and visit the grounds where it all took place.. Anyway for many years we would always go down there to fish and hang out. At any givin time there would always be a creepy feeling about the whole area. When taking pictures sometimes there might be an "orb" or somthing strange in the picture. This could be argued that camera screw ups and other things were going on with it. But never the less alot of bloodshed was in that area and i for one don't deny that it's a freakin spooky place...

Somthing off topic here about the same area...If I go missing after this post send a search party..lmao

When I was younger there was a road that went from the ocean to the cape fear river called Presedent Davis Rd. now there was an old powerplant about half way down that road look like some tales from the crypt shit the whole road did.. But there was always talk about Satanic cults meeting down there to us was a killer spot to go fishing...Anyways my wife and I were visiting my mom down there in 2003 and I decided to take her down there to scare her a little lol....well I got more than I barganed for. It was about 11:30 on that night and at the entrance to the road there was a goverment no trespasing sign...well I pretended I didn't see it and drove on bout halfway down the road right where the powerplant use to be I seen lights through the wooded area...In a panic I whipped the car around and dusted off..was like 2 secs later when blue lights were everywhere i was lie holy shit lol ....was Mp's and they took our names said we were on a privatly owned Goverment facility like some top secret shit... kinda freaky how the lights were at least 1/4 of a mile away and all at one they almost hit us......

maybe some x-files shit lol

below some pics of FT Fisher NC...

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I was in Gettysburg and we were on a tour of some of the old houses.. He was explaining how people were shot by sharp shooters during the civil war.. I was sitting on the curb of the deserted town and I looked across the street to see this house, with 8 windows on the front, 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top.. I saw this really faint green light SLOWLY move from the far left window to the far right window, you could see it coming into the next window as it left the one behind it.. It got to the end of the windows and vanished.. I said "Hey, theres someone in that house.." I was actually really young, like 4-6 years ago.. And he says "All these houses are locked no one can get in.." He thought I was just kidding around because I was young and in the moment of a ghostly kind of tour.. Then he says "Besides, theres a solid wall between each of those windows.." And I was freeaakkeedd out.. I think I may have already posted this story on WTF.com but I had to re-tell when I saw the word "Ghost" on a thread title..

YUCK FOU!!!

jstager said:
ROFL, YuckFou!

There are plenty of TV's/Cable/Sattelite boxes that have timers in them that tell them to go to a certain channel at a certain time. That's what happened!

Don't be so silly.
no not over here of course you nhave to time them but this tv doesnt do shit like that.

YUCK FOU!!!

okay no2 i live in perth on the western side of australia and near perth, the old capital city would've been fremantle...there is a prison down there which was build by the convicts when they arrived in wa about 53 people had been hung there when it closed and only one woman...of course this place was filled by all sorts of people in its day and dont worry it is haunted but ill give you the general history...we had people like the greatest escape artist of our time moondyne jo who eventually was put in a room boarded oak above the concreate and was tied to his bed all day...he escaped again..thistime through the church vents. but anyway the inmates alot were crazy but there were artists aswell people with photographic memories and shit...people were odd they havnt changed any of the cells since they closed...the scary thing is is that they block out most of th e peepholes in the cells so would you believe it when one of the tours were on ( night tour) we were up to the second floor and thats when it happened the bin downstairs lid fliped closed and began to move down the hall everyone shat themselves except for the guide she said they realised that it was the ghost of the maintenence guy ( the first one) who was found dead in his sleeping quarters

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
While I agree that the mind can percieve things that are not really real, kind of like, made up fear, I do believe in the paranormal. This is not made up, and I dont really give a shit if you believe me or not, I know what happened when we lived there. Not very many people have heard this tale, CL, my mom, my ex. that is about it.

Here is my story. It is true, so take it for what you will.

When I was in third grade, we lived out in the "boon docks" way back on the river where there was not much traffic. Our neighbor was a ways away. We took care of the landlords sheep. This is not a place you just "drive too" as it is rather far out, on the edge of the grand umpqua forest. So, we had lots of acreage for the sheep we took care of (hold off on the sheep jokes, boys). In the middle of this field, there was a large stone, about two semi trucks wide and taller than our mobile home, so it was probably 15 ft tall. It was almost a big, shapeless rock, but there were steps, very worn steps carved into the side. We would climb up it, and on top there was a slanted flat area that was raised with a circular area around the bottom of it, say, three people wide.

The first time I noticed something was wrong with the place, I was playing with my brother on this big fucking rock. He was about 2 at the time. He kind of froze, and looked at me funny. Then he just started crying, but never told anyone why. I still dont know why, but I remember feeling really odd and cold before he began to cry.

The next thing was that a few months later, I was playing on the fence. Yes, country kids play on fences, it is entertaining. A breeze came up, and it was not warm or cold, just moving air. Then I heard my name. I thought, at first that my mother was calling me, and listened. I heard my name again, closer, like a whisper in my ear, not a yell from far away. I was scared, I dont know why, and I ran as fast as I could to the house. Even writing of this memory gives me shivers.

Then the sheep began to die. We lost two sheep before winter. at first, we thought mabye the neighbor was poisoning them, but, there were not the signs of poison, like discoloration, and the two sheep that died were both in almost the same spot. about five feet away from the rock. None of the sheep went near that rock, they stayed pretty clear of it.

Later, my mother and I were out doing shit, like checking the fences, and general farm stuff. We went over by the rock, on the east side, near where the sheep had died. There was a large crack in the rock, to small for any animal aside from a large cat or squirells to climb through. My mom like to check things out, so she went closer to the crack while I stayed back. There was this growl, not like a dog or cat or even bear (yes, Ive heard bear growl, I had one walk into my house once, but that is another story) but deeper, like it meant something. My mom backed away, almost to where I was, a few feet back from the rock. We looked into the crack, expecting a cat or something to jump out. Instead we saw these eyes. Not animal or human or amphibiam eyes, but eyes that were deep red, red like the color of blood in a test tube, and almost glowing, but not really. My mom pushed me back, slowly, I think she thought there was a dog or something in there. But i knew better. I think something scared her, because she grabbed me, and I was not a small kid, and we ran like hell back to the house. My dad asked her what was wrong, but we never told him. We did not even talk about it until several years later.

When we lived there, my sister was an infant. She is what is called a "sids" or crib death baby, because she would stop breathing alot, and had this monitor hooked up to her that would beep. Everyone in the house knew CPR, even my brother. My sister and I shared a room, and I had a habit of waking up and checking on her when she made noises or the alarm beeped. It beeped every hour, and then made huge beeps when she stopped breathing. I woke up, I dont know what time it was, but I must have been having a bad dream, because I was scared when I woke up. We had a night light, but shadows are always darker at night. So, anyways, i look at my sisters crib, and there were the eyes again. I stared, because I was too afraid to move, and too afraid to scream. They hovered over her, like, they were claiming her or talking to her or something. I did not know what to do, but because I was catholic, I knew hail mary by heart, and for some reason that came to my head. I started to whisper..."hail mary full of grace, the lord is with the now and forever." I said that once, then again louder, and then I yelled it. My parents came in, but by then the eyes had gone.

We moved after that winter, my mom called the landlord to tell him we were so gone. He told her that the last people who lived there had been his cousins or something, and they had moved out after a month.

You can not tell me that there are not demons. I have seen them. You can not convince me that there is not the paranormal, that evil does not walk amongst us, becuase I have felt it, deep in my heart and touching my soul.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Holy shit! Way too much text here kids.
Ok. Lets think about it. They say when you die,sometimes your 'spirit' or whatever the fuck it is,sticks around. Crap. If this is true,then the tens of billions of deaths of ALL life forms through-out earths history has to have had at LEAST one ghost for each life form.(people,trees,animals,toilet bugs,ect)
If this is possible,then we are constantly surrounded by them. Lets say its your electrical portion of your body,less the biological. If this is true,which its NOT,then its very possible that car batteries are haunting Wal-mart stores all over the world. Pbbbt. The human mind is consumed with the fear of the unknown. Most of us also are consumed with our death,of course,imagination running the fuck away from you also plays a role in it. Just because you cant exsplain something,it does'nt mean its what you assume.

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
its never good to assume lol, its natural human instinct to be afraid of dark tunnels, caves, cracks in rocks or w/e maybe houses cribs and w.e but i know ive seen things "ghostly" and they can be explained by science easily.

1I was in my room, and i heard the floor boards creeking like some1 was walking on them, my dad was in bed. so i woke him the hell up b/c i was 9 and not smart lol. so i had forgotten that wood gets smaller when it looses moisture, and considering it had just become winter it ws just about time for a change in moisturisity. so my dad explained to me that it was just the seasons changing.

2(in the same room) i saw a very small RED glow in my room. i had just walked in. so i screamed and ran out (and yes i was still 9). so my dad ecplained it was reflection on the mist coming from my hot tub.

3(other room age 7)i had just woken up from dreamin, i dont knwo what about. and i saw a lion head flaoting in my room. i thought fuck thats kool. and it faded into my dresser, but seeing as i was half asleep, it was nothing really.