WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe ...Ghosts...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
My uncle and aunt and two cousins live out in the Country... kinda secluded, surrounded by swamp and forest and such, but there's a little settlement across the road from their farmhouse where they're building huge houses etc...

My aunt was complaining that Michael (My two year old cousin) was acting strange when he had to go to bed... He'd refuse to and then when he was in his crib he'd just curl up in the corner with his covers up to his chin and his pillows up to his knees, facing a corner of the room saying "Broken Bones"... Even when my Aunt Jen went in to check on him he wouldn't even acknowledge she was there and she just watched him until he tired himself out...

Now, my uncle's house has always felt uncomfortable for some reason... I always thought it was because it was secluded and out in the middle of nowhere, but my grandpa's house was too and I never really had a problem with it...

The other day my grandma hired a psychic to see what they were like, but she lives way the hell up north... Like an 8 hour drive from my house... And the psychic said "You have a ghost in the family..." My grandma didn't believe it until the psychic narrowed it down to Michael's bedroom (describing it to the closest describing word you could think of) ... He offered to get rid of it, and my grandma was like "yeah alright..."

For the past 2 nights my cousin slept without doing the "broken bones" thing or staying up...

WTF... Was my uncle's house really haunted? It always felt haunted... This one time he had a picture of a conehead in his basement, or the guy from the goonies I forget, but he said that he lived in his basement... And ever since then I've thought that maybe something else did live in his house (but that was way back in the day before he married my aunt)

Just think about it though - Michael is 2 and he doesn't really talk much... Where would he get the phrase "Broken Bones" from... Ugh, Its so creepy I can't stand to not think about!

reoccuring nightmares?i remember i had reoccuring nightmares when i was 6 or so. a skeleton under the porche would chase and tickle me. this is not a joke lol. :confuse:

ghost have no reason to exist. that psychic wanted money. dont worry about it.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Empacher said:
reoccuring nightmares?i remember i had reoccuring nightmares when i was 6 or so. a skeleton under the porche would chase and tickle me. this is not a joke lol. :confuse:

ghost have no reason to exist. that psychic wanted money. dont worry about it.

Yeah I know, but still, how did he know that my grandma had a son who had a son who had a room in a house that looked exactly like the one he described, and his room had a crib in the left corner of it with all the toys he described...

This stuff's kind of making me believe ... But I've never had those recurring nightmares, no

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
It's hard to say whether Ghosts exist or not. By a show of hand's, has anyone ever really seen one? Think about it. Out of all the biological life forms that have inhabited this dirtball of a planet through-out millions of years, if only one of every species stayed behind in their passing as a ghost-
Quite literally, you'd be surrounded by them. If that was so, they'd have taken over Capital Hill by now.

The Human mind will always be subject to the thought of the unknown. Fueled by fear, it can have you beLIEving most anything. The only way to prove the existence of the Paranormal is to- A: Invite all your friends over to the house to meet your imaginary house guest. B: Take the dirt nap of eternal darkness. Unfortunately, at this juncture of Human existence, I'm not sure that choosing 'B' will help confirm anything. The only thing that It'll prove is that 'B' is the fuel that feeds the fear of the unknown.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
There's a hotel in Boston that's haunted. They don't advertise it and nobody tells you. But it happened to us. My band was in Boston for a show, we checked into a hotel, long story short, at one point, we all passed out at the same time. While we were asleep 2 out of 5 of us had contact with the ghost, and I'm talking physical contact (I'm not getting into detail)...and trust me it wasn't by the other 3. It was pretty freaky. We woke up at the same exact time and had like 20 minutes to get to our gig.

Next morning we wake up and apparently a lunatic was running in the halls with a knife. He held up one of the desk clerks there. Cops came, yadda yadda, we slept through the whole thing. Next day we got some frankincese (sp?) and everything calmed down.

Freaky shit. No joke. I'm not a superstitious person and generally don't believe in ghosts and more often than not, try to find a scientific answer to any phenomenon but there was no answer for this. Not the knife wielding maniac part, the kinky ghost part.

A_Zombie

ARggharGHag
If you have a dream then wake up then lay back down and start were you left means you have lots of deja vu

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
there was a member on here who dropped in every know and then, Nemesis, he is a good friend of mine, and his fathers partner, had an encounter with her dead grandfather, this grandfather in question, died of throat cancer due to smoking.

well, im a bit rusty on how she got there but she ended up staying in her grandfathers room, it wasnt every nite, but often she would hear a mans voice saying get this god damn thing out of me followed buy quite alot of weezing, eventually they moved out, but it wasnt until a few years had passed that the subject came up to the grandmother, and apperently he had to breathe through a pipe, which he didnt like, it caused him quite a bit of pain.....so yeah, my mother also had an experience when my grandfather died (her father in-law) the moment it happened, remember, he's in boston, we're in perth....it was weird....

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
I don't believe in ghosts because I've never seen one and our minds are very complex so it could just be our imaginations running wild.

YUCK FOU!!!

i can see where your comming from, but i definately believe there is something there, there is good, and there is evil. worshippers on both sides...

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
YUCK FOU!!! said:
i can see where your comming from, but i definately believe there is something there, there is good, and there is evil. worshippers on both sides...
Just because people worship something doesn't make it real. You're assuming that there is a God and there is a Satan, you have to think about it from all possible ways. I'm an Atheist and don't really think ghosts exist, it'd be nice if they did but I think they're just part of our imaginations.

As for Boycott's cousin: he's crazy! :happysad:

YUCK FOU!!!

well im catholic, so yes i do believe theres a god, but i dont believe they're just figments of our imagination, im a big fan of conspiracy shows like that aswell...

hurricanejon

Parking Lot Ninja
I myself am a wiccan and believe that there is a gd, but dont think it is the one that everyone worships. I believe that are ghosts. I am a huge fan of show like ghosthunters and stuff like that. I have also had a personal experience with one. When i was nine i had wrestling toys under my bed and one night i woke up to find my hulk hogan action figure floating above me. It was UBER creepy and weird, but wasnt scary at all. I believe they are here and we should probably just accept it!

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
Im pretty open minded about such things, I can not say that I have ever seen a ghost.

I am open to possibility of there being something out there that I do not understand and that I can not see. I think we all can recall feeling or instances in out lives that have left an weird feeling or that we may have saw something, but who can say!.

I saw a ghost and that nite I couldn't go to sleep for some reson and it was 4:30 in the morning then I see this ghost !Yeah ghost every around you but the ones that you know and encounter has something to do with you.

other said:
I saw a gost and that nite i couldn't go to sleep for some reson and it was 4:30 in the morning then i see this gost !yeah gost every around u but the ones that u kno and encounter has somethin to do with u
Next time you see a "gost", ask it to type for you. This way we can understand your drivel. :thumbsup: