WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Giant Popsicle Melts, Floods New York Park

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
NEW YORK - An attempt to erect the world's largest Popsicle in a city square ended with a scene straight out of a disaster film — but much stickier.

The 25-foot-tall, 17 1/2-ton treat of frozen Snapple juice melted faster than expected Tuesday, flooding Union Square in downtown Manhattan with kiwi-strawberry-flavored fluid that sent pedestrians scurrying for higher ground.
Firefighters closed off several streets and used hoses to wash away the sugary goo.

Snapple had been trying to promote a new line of frozen treats by setting a record for the world's largest Popsicle, but called off the stunt before it was pulled fully upright by a construction crane. Authorities said they were worried the thing would collapse in the 80-degree, first-day-of-summer heat.

"What was unsettling was that the fluid just kept coming," Stuart Claxton of the Guinness Book of World Records told the Daily News. "It was quite a lot of fluid. On a hot day like this, you have to move fast."

Snapple official Lauren Radcliffe said the company was unlikely to make a second attempt to break the record, set by a 21-foot pop in Holland in 1997.

The giant pop was supposed to have been able to withstand the heat for some time, and organizers weren't sure why it didn't. It had been made in Edison, N.J., and hauled to New York by freezer truck in the morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha!

Someone's getting his ass handed to him when they get back to the office...

Here's the link - God relax...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/popsicle_disaster;_ylt=AgXRhNeMbo2_d6zQtF.lVR4EtbAF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Zoso

Zappafied
LINK.... srry but some dude on wtf.com doesnt hold up as a relaible source

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
I read that too and couldnt' stop laughing. It would have been every little kids dream to swim in a lake of popsicle.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
dull_bullet said:
funny, but not exactly believable
Actually it really did happen. My home page is yahoo and it is one of the news headlines. I don't know how to add links or anything or I would show you.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Flooded by an attempt to erect a giant popsicle..
Okay... WHY.

People are fucking retarded..

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
bombchu said:
Flooded by an attempt to erect a giant popsicle..
Okay... WHY.

People are fucking retarded..
why not

Jung

???
Premium
Zoso said:
LINK.... srry but some dude on wtf.com doesnt hold up as a relaible source
Ever heard of Google? It's not like you needed someone else to verify this for you. Do it yourself; stop crying.

I sure wish we had access to some magical thing that gave you a plethora of information on any subject available. I also wish this magical thing would verify news articles at the click of a button. Maybe sometime in the future, eh?
How about not crying just because you're too lazy to look up a link. :rolleyes: