WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gigapixel cameras

Darkmage

Shiva-Destroyer of Worlds
I think that's outstanding, but I think that technology is starting to get a bit out of hand. Soon we'll have have gigapixel cameras inside of a cell phone...and that will be the day I go on a killing spree

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Damn. I just bought a 5 megapixel camera, and I thought that was crazy.

Crazy.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Why does really cool technology have to come out right after I buy the shitty version? Not that they have those things sittin on a shelf at Wal-Mart.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
the picture of those two people is insanely detailed when zoomed. i've never seen quality from a photo like that in my life.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
A+! you win the prize! (yes -- technically it's 1000 mb by definition, but you're correct)

that second camera is pretty fuckin sweet, too jung.
i wish the first one you showed us had a zoom feature like that to demonstrate it's power