WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

girls and phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbmott

That's not guacamole!!!
My problem is I just can't talk to girls on the phone, I just am either really quiet when I attempt to talk on the phone with the opposite sex or I just try to avoid it as much as I can. With chatting online the "long silences" mean that the person is probably just talking to someone else, away from their keyboard or just doing something else at the moment. But when that happens on the phone it sucks. I just can't do it, I don't know how and I hate it!

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
dude...first of all you need to chill the fuck out...i dont mean that in a ...sit the fuck down and chill....i mean it in a ...sit back...relax...drink a warm glass of milk and prep up....think about what you need to say....are you calling her...or she call you? chances are if theyre calling you....theyre interested...or they want your HW...either way....theyre calling you....so wait for them to start talking.....be like..."hey whats up...." ....she'll reply with something sort of the same....and since she called you..youll wait for her to initiate a topic of convo. if she doesnt just ask her hows shes been..what shes been up too....ask her how clasess are going...and then change the topic....you dont wanna talk about school over the phone with a chick...if youre of age...and you lke her...ask her if she wants to hang out...chill...go have a beer....or maybe some coffee...if you have a car..thats a plus...you dont wanna be driving around in minivans....althought when you have a gf....and youre feeling you wanna try something new...youll use the minivan....anyways back to the point....i too had problems talking to chicks on the phone...what i did was write down on a sheet of paper...improtant topics that id wanna talk about...if shes smart..and digs you...shell be able to rebute a lot of those things....or go along....dont talk about politics straight out...dont say..." so ..lets talk about campaign fininance reform..."....be like..." so...wtf is up with bush....kerry[whatever your stance is]" ....if you dont wanna hit politics.. talk about movies...or tv shows...the simpsons always makes them laugh....specially if you quote ralph wiggum.....very important ....pay attention to what theyre saying...if it bloooms into a relationship..theyll quiz you on that shit.....and BE sincere..trust me...be yourself buddy..and youll do fine....if you have any other questions PM me dude....glad to help..

Tha DQ

Fuck the Atlantic
If i'd be the one calling you, you wouldn't have any trouble. There's this guy i kinda like and i called him few times (he lives pretty far away so can't just go over there). But i'm always nervous when i call him and when i'm nervous, i can't stop talkin. It's really annoyin probly but i can't help it. This boy on the other hand is rather quiet on the phone (but thats probly cuz i'm babbling all the time),he says its ok that i'm nervous and stuff. Just be yourself,relax, breathe in and breathe out,and if you like the girl, just tell her that you're quite uhm nervous on the phone,or don't really know what to say...She'll understand.
Got kinda same problem over here so...its normal i guess

dbmott

That's not guacamole!!!
Yeah, I guess it is something everyone struggles with I just feel like I have a lot more trouble than everyone else. She has called me 4 or 5 times and left a message 3 times on my cellphone :(. I've called her twice but I already knew that she was gone and I just left messages.

Tha DQ

Fuck the Atlantic
Best thing to do is just tell her,otherwise she might think you don't like her or that something else is going on...She'll understand,really,am sure she will. Its not the end of the world,it'll get better and if it doesn't, think she'd even find it kinda cute ;)

if i were you dont tell her ur nervous. just try to stay confident. and if things start getting awkward on the phone be like wel i gota go but ill cal u later or ask to pick her up or meet her somewhere. that always seems to speed things up little.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
god this kid is stupid dont be shy.

Tai

Ba da ba ba ba!
Mm, I don't like calling people. I'm always afraid I'm bothering them. Wtf. I need to get over it.

Lonely_Person

Convicted Murderer
i prefer msn to phone you can put emotions like oif you don't understand something you put:S or ? yeah i'm retarded :)

dude, this thread is like 2 years old, this person has probably moved WAY on....

Status
Not open for further replies.