WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Girls~~Question about contraception

MsPunK

Tenderony
ok. i dont always use a condom. i find it ruins the moment. i know thats not what matters atall but i dont. i use a condom if i know the person hasnt been tested or what not, but when i dont use one it feels alot better and condoms tend to numb everything and sort of irritate my skin. i would like to go on the pill but.. well ive heard that it can do all sorts. is anyone the same as me~? or is anyone on the pill and could tell me what its like?

Ive also been thinking about the injection but aparently that makes you put on loads of weight

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
a lot of girls here like the whole Patch thing. I don't know how well it works, but a lot of girls like them apparently.

XsweetnessX

Banned - What an Asshat!
MsPunK said:
ok. i dont always use a condom. i find it ruins the moment. i know thats not what matters atall but i dont. i use a condom if i know the person hasnt been tested or what not, but when i dont use one it feels alot better and condoms tend to numb everything and sort of irritate my skin. i would like to go on the pill but.. well ive heard that it can do all sorts. is anyone the same as me~? or is anyone on the pill and could tell me what its like?

Ive also been thinking about the injection but aparently that makes you put on loads of weight
i myself really dont use condoms as much as i should, which is completely stupid i know... but i do get tested every 3-6mos,anyways but to answer ur ?tion, the patch is the way to go :thumbsup: no weight gain or anything.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm on the pill and the only problem I have is that I have 2 periods per month (they are small, but annoying). I haven't gained wait, but initially my breasts felt fuller. I'm going to go on a bigger dose to regulate my period, though.

Overall I recommend the pill. No more period cramps and such and it is a highly effective way to prevent pregnancy. :thumbsup:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
if you think condoms ruin the moment and are irritating, try a screaming, hungary infant at 3am

MsPunK

Tenderony
i think you mean hungry

the patch?!?! I have never heard of that. maybe its not over here yet

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Theres a commertial for that patch thing. yet i think think it works just as well as nicotene patches. pure shit!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
the pill is great. it regulates your period down to a one week time expectancy, it will also diminish it to 2-3 days after awhile, and yes you may gain 5 lbs of water weight but its neglible.

the patch is supposed to deliver the same results w/o having to worry about it but once every ...7 days i believe... as the pill. however one gf told me it was huge and therefore obvious. she hated it because of obvious reasons...

you should always use some sort of protection in addition to the pill because it will NOT defend against std's. condon use will still be necessary if you were tryin to eliminate it.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
MsPunK said:
i think you mean hungry

what? you did'nt know I was hungarian? ... lol ... j/k

My wife is getting a IUD sometime next month ... non-hormonal birth control

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
XsweetnessX said:
i myself really dont use condoms as much as i should, which is completely stupid i know... but i do get tested every 3-6mos,anyways
Problem is, when you do end up testing pos. It's too late.
If a guy doesn't want to use a condom because "It spoils the moment" You can always tell him the moment will be spoiled if he's forced to go home and bend it.
"No glove, no love."

breakology

Kiss my Converse
MaxPower said:
Problem is, when you do end up testing pos.
lol ... werd ... since when did "testing" become "prevention" .... I would think it is more just awareness than anything else. I think she assumes that maybe she is only vunrable to curable STD's.
Back when I was a dirty slut I ran to the clinic about every 3-4 months because I thought I had HIV every time I got drunk and woke up with a new, strange skank, lol ... I kinda miss the good'ol days ....
:p

gettoyo50

The One And Only
MsPunK said:

i heard about a pill a couple days ago, apparently it is for the morning after you have sex, supposedly it kills the egg while in movement, BUT IS ONLY FOR THE MORNING AFTER, my girl told me about, she hasnt tried it yet because she doesnt knoow if it works, has anyone heard about it, or tried it, let me know

Tagmatic

Banned - What an Asshat!
the pill for the morning after isnt exactly for the morning after...technically it works for up to 72 hours after sex. If i were you i would have your girlfriend consult a doctor before she tries anything though ...It's kind of like Nuking a baby HA

I took the pill for years...it worked for me...when I remembered to take the damn things....if you have a hard time remembering to take them...go with the injection..the depo shot works wonders. It could make you put on a few pounds but you only have to remember to get it ever few months..you don't have periods with them....however...after being on it for several years..you have a high chance at getting pregnant if you skip it and the chances of birth defects in the baby are much higher. I don't like the patch simply because I had been on it for almost a year when I got pregnant with my daughter...

if you go with the pill..don't go for that ortho-tri-cyclin low shit..it doesn't work nearly as well. good luck. and btw...if the condoms are irritating you at all....you may have an allergy to latex..try the expensive kind..the sheepskin or whatever....they cost more but they're easier on sensitve skin.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
devil_monkey said:
if you go with the pill..don't go for that ortho-tri-cyclin low shit..it doesn't work nearly as well. good luck. and btw...if the condoms are irritating you at all....you may have an allergy to latex..try the expensive kind..the sheepskin or whatever....they cost more but they're easier on sensitve skin.
the lambskin condoms were'nt meant for prevention of STD's ... bacteria and viruses can move through the pores in the lambskin easily.

yeah well...this is true....forgot about that. I don't use the lambskin kind I just heard they were better on sensitive skin. guess everything has it's drawbacks.

MsPunK

Tenderony
whoever gave me bad rep for this thread.. thats fair enough. but leave your name!! its not like im gonna bad rep you is it, you have a valid point.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
breakology said:
lol ... werd ... since when did "testing" become "prevention" .... I would think it is more just awareness than anything else.
My point exactly.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
devil_monkey said:
the sheepskin or whatever....they cost more but they're easier on sensitve skin.
I think they now make some out of poly-somethingoranother instead of latex or sheepskin.