WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Girls, want to understand men? Read this.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Why, oh why does it get so complicated. Here it is.

Fun, and Sex. Either one of them makes a relationship, both make a long lasting one. If you're no fun, and you're not having sex with the guy, he will LEAVE YOU (or pray he had, or cheat on you, or something bad will happen). It doesn't matter if you've been married or dating or whatever for 20 years, if you are No Fun and not having Sex, then it's over.

Now Fun can be described as everything from sky diving, to deep philosophical quandry, depending on the guy. Fun covers a LOT. Fun, you can tell when the guy is smiling and having a good time with you. When he wants to spend time with you. Enjoyment is key.

Sex is easier, though what a guy likes varies as well. Ask, he might tell you.

All the other complications, come from the non-male area.

There is ALWAYS exceptions to the rules, but that's what makes them rules, because they are the exceptions. Girls, this is the best dating advice you'll ever have. It may SEEM too easy to you, that's because you're overly complicated, but it's as sound advice as you'll get.

Men want to have Fun and Sex. It's basic, it's easy, and it's true.

Any supposed male who posts "Nuh uh" to impress you ladies is a lying sack of shit and not interested in a relationship, just boning you. Thanks.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
While I agree in general, there are two other very important components to a good relationship; trust and comfort. They should be self explanatory. Without trust, the relationship will rot from the inside. It goes both ways. Comfort's a little vague but very important. Both should be very comfortable. Comfortable enough to be able to be yourself without fear of recrimination or ridicule.

DirtyBird

Divides by Zero
I agree with both of you... but I think guys are much easier to please than women are hahaha. We dont play mind games, women do.

But either way, me and Beth have plenty of all of it... :)

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
DirtyBird said:
I agree with both of you... but I think guys are much easier to please than women are hahaha. We dont play mind games, women do.

But either way, me and Beth have plenty of all of it... :)
Well thats where you wrong, men play mind games all the time, they are no different than women.

Fact :Some of the biggest bitches I know are men.

Pleasing a woman isnt hard, in fact its quite simple, just have to take your head out of your arse for 5 minutes to achieve that.

JL has I think put the matter quite simply, but correctly. The same thing applies to women, well it applies to me and i assuming most women.

DirtyBird

Divides by Zero
lady victoria said:
Well thats where you wrong, men play mind games all the time, they are no different than women.

Fact :Some of the biggest bitches I know are men.

Pleasing a woman isnt hard, in fact its quite simple, just have to take your head out of your arse for 5 minutes to achieve that.

JL has I think put the matter quite simply, but correctly. The same thing applies to women, well it applies to me and i assuming most women.
I dont know. Women do that whole "I hate you, but I'm going to be nice to you" thing to each other all the time... and I dont know I cant help but feel us guys are just a bit more straightforward.

At least I am, but I'm not exactly the average guy. But I can believe that most of them are douchebags.

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
DirtyBird said:
I dont know. Women do that whole "I hate you, but I'm going to be nice to you" thing to each other all the time... and I dont know I cant help but feel us guys are just a bit more straightforward.

At least I am, but I'm not exactly the average guy. But I can believe that most of them are douchebags.
Men "straightforward" !!!!! ...since when. Thats just called predictable. They are straighforward in what they do but never in what they say.

Using you own quote " Women do that whole "I hate you, but I'm going to be nice to you" thing to each other all the time..." ermmm so do men.

Men do that whole "I like/hate you , but I'm going to be nice to you and then im going to see if you will let me fuck you " thing all the time...

Men seldom say what they mean....but they all pretty much want the same thing...but then again so do women...as JL said sex and fun.

I don't do the whole I hate you, but I'll be nice to you thing..makes me sick personally.

As far as women go..a little insight as to why women can seem so mean. Because we want you to understand how we feel. And I know that many times I do not feel like my hubby understands how he has hurt me so resentments grow.

Fun and sex is what everyone wants..someone (I think it was tostig) mentioned trust and comfort. They all go together. If one of them is missing it makes the relationship distorted.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
curliestalicia said:
As far as women go..a little insight as to why women can seem so mean. Because we want you to understand how we feel. And I know that many times I do not feel like my hubby understands how he has hurt me so resentments grow.
No, you don't want us to understand. If you did, the phrase, "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID." wouldn't be uttered when we pull a bonehead move and you get all pissy.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
me and my wife get along fine..
but i've also had massive problems with women previously, even been assaulted (lost a tooth when i was punched while driving), so i guess i'm qualified to give a two cent or two.. (four?)

men and women are all human, we can understand each other quite easily if required.. think to how you are while dating.. but we foster these differences to make life more interesting almost, and also we are all products of ego and thus fight to be 'right' or contrary.
i'm happy that my wife is different to me, and that i don't understand every action of hers.. you know, if i did we'd probably only have lasted five minutes.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
It's really not this complicated folks. Men and women are motivated in different ways. Women are more emotionally motivated while men are more physically motivated. (That's not to say we aren't each motivated by both, just different primary motivations.)

If you want to turn a woman on, you make her feel safe, comfortable and engaged. If you want to turn a man on, you show him some skin.

Certainly there's more to both but essentially, if you just remember that women are driven more by their emotions and men are driven more by the physical world it's a lot easier.

Another way to put it: women are complicated, men are shallow.

I must be a woman then. I really couldn't give less of a fuck about trivial physical matters. There's no point in getting laid if you're miserable as a result of it.

BrIONwoshMunky said:
No, you don't want us to understand. If you did, the phrase, "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID." wouldn't be uttered when we pull a bonehead move and you get all pissy.
Pfft. That's called a generalization. Not all women do these things. You're taking other women's shitty behavior and using it in an attempt to discredit another woman you don't even know. It doesn't work that way.

That would be like me saying all men are worthless because the last guy I dated was a drunken liar. Surely I can't hold you, or any other man for that matter, responsible for the shitty actions of the men I've known....just as you shouldn't hold what some women may have done to you against all other women.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
All I can say is both genders have their own mind games that get played; usually for very different reasons. And yes, we both get butthurt by the other gender (or same gender if you swing that way) and want the other to understand why, but in some cases it's just not going to happen.

My wife might tell me why she's upset the dishes weren't done saturday night. I hear her, but I don't understand why it makes her so upset, no matter how much she explains it to me. I just don't get it, but I understand that it makes her upset and try not to leave them til sunday.

the best advice I can give after being married twice, first time for 5 years this time for 9: be as straightforward and honest as you can be.

I told my wife when we got together: There are three rules you need to know when dealing with me.
1. Hints don't work
2. Hints do not work
3. Seriously, hints really don't work

If you want something, just tell me what it is. If you're upset, tell me why. If I ask you what's wrong, and you say "nothing," i'm going to go on about my business like nothing is wrong. (my wife was angry with me for about 3 years straight for that, but she got over it and now tells me "i'm angry, but not ready to talk about it yet")

If she makes me angry (which is hard to do, i'm pretty easy going) i just tell her why, then i feel better and i'm not angry any more.

there is it: be blunt, be honest

Jung

???
Premium
curliestalicia said:
How about just doing the obvious thing and telling him what's bothering you? Once you inform him WHY you're upset the whole resentment part would be unnecessary.

But on that note, keeping your reasons to yourself while building up resentment seems self serving and petty. Hence why I think most men are upset by it.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Yeah hints don't work with me either. It's all about eye contact, getting my attention and telling me straight up. Otherwise, I'm clueless and you're left in your own head.