WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines give blood

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
just saw a spokesperson for the red cross on tv asking for blood in the aftermath of katrina.. and i felt it needed repeating here, this IS a disaster and even if you can't afford to give money we all can afford a pint of blood..
ok, rant done, you can go back to your fighting now..

Janglenut

Particinator
Hm...I wonder if we'll get aid from all the countries in the world like the Tsunami victims...

Wait, nope!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Janglenut said:
Hm...I wonder if we'll get aid from all the countries in the world like the Tsunami victims...

Wait, nope!

/me realises this thread will be in bait and tackle before dawn, sighs..

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
With what we put tward the Tsunami victims, and then we got called cheep! Were gonna be all alone with our disasters. I bet if that huricain split in 2 and hit us like it did, and hit mexico as well, mexico would get help from other contries. Fuckin politics

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
leehype said:
With what we put tward the Tsunami victims, and then we got called cheep! Were gonna be all alone with our disasters. I bet if that huricain split in 2 and hit us like it did, and hit mexico as well, mexico would get help from other contries. Fuckin politics
well that's a better point, i can agree..
but you know, educated people abroad don't hate average americans.. they despise the regime and the business practices.. i'm not commenting either way on that, just saying how it is.. and i've been around.. lived in 6 countries, been to 35+.. educated people know that americans are good people, they might struggle with why the chimp was voted in twice, but they don't hate you..
the real story isn't 'what will the americans get from the world', but 'what will americans give each other?' this is still the worlds #1 economy and last time i looked around there was a little money floating around.. so why do i think that all the botox moms will just gloss this over while they're driving to the mall to get their nails 'did'..
if i was el presidente, a pint of blood from each of us, everyone, what we don't use we make into 'art'..
*says 'aaaaarr' like a pirate and stomps off, fuming..*

Hey, check this out, I'm not legally allowed to give blood!
But so what, oohh, it's a massive natural disaster causing millions of dollars in damage and killing hundreds of people, it's no big deal!
I'm shaking in my shoes!

/sarcasm^^^

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Know what I started donating blood at 16. I was told by the red cross that i was o+ then. Now 2 years ago, I join the Navy and They tell me im a+!?!

Sure Ok Thanks

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I think the difference between Malaysia and America is simple... America's government is rich, and self supporting, while Malaysia's wasn't as self-supporting...

It is a terrible thing to happen and my heart is with those trapped or homeless by the hurricane :(

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Boycott said:
I think the difference between Malaysia and America is simple... America's government is rich, and self supporting, while Malaysia's wasn't as self-supporting...

It is a terrible thing to happen and my heart is with those trapped or homeless by the hurricane :(
malaysia actually was hardly effected by the tsunami, being as it was shielded by sumatra.. and malaysia is a pretty rich country, at least by SE Asian standards.. but i know what you mean.. i assume you were referring to aceh on sumatra in indonesia, or phuket etc in thailand..
the main thing about the economy here in the usa is that it's 76 trillion in the hole and is buoyed up by china buying 1 billion a day of stock, or something like that.. i'm not sure how many more blows this country can take before we get a BIG problem..
we need a storm wall..