WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Discuss Give it to us straight

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I hate politics,they make me sick. All these debates and commercials have nothing to do with getting down to the truth. I think that a real way to get the issues straight would be to have a question and respone session for candidates for political position, except the rules would state that the candidates are only allowed to answer the questions with a "yes" or a "no". For example:

Prompter: Do you believe that homosexuality is wrong?
Bush: Yes (conservative POV)
Kerry: No (liberal POV)

Prompter: Do you think the government should adopt a balanced budget, even if that means increasing taxes and/or decreasing federal benefits?
Bush: No
Kerry: Yes

Instead of:

Bush: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... I don't know.
Kerry: *Beats around the bush and doesn't answer the question.*

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
It would actually be pretty cool to see a Q&A session between candidates, where all they are allowed to say is “yes” or “no”.
It would be entertaining to watch both Bush and Kerry squirm.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
ReiMeishin said:
Instead of:

Bush: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... I don't know.
Kerry: *Beats around the bush and doesn't answer the question.*
The more accuate responses would be:
Bush: 9/11 was a tragic day for all americans *followed by 45 seconds of silence and staring off into space*
Kerry: I have a plan! *followed by a furious amount of scribbling on paper on top of podium*

Edit: Getting either one of them to say yes or no is like trying to put a cat in a bathtub

that would be cool, but there's too many issues that are full of gray areas..

IMHO people are making a big deal out of nothing, usually. there really isn't that big of a difference between the candidates, and it's little gray areas that get blown out of proportion.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
breakology said:
The more accuate responses would be:
Bush: 9/11 was a tragic day for all americans *followed by 45 seconds of silence and staring off into space*
Kerry: I have a plan! *followed by a furious amount of scribbling on paper on top of podium*

Edit: Getting either one of them to say yes or no is like trying to put a cat in a bathtub
True, but I'll bet that if the enduring public demands a straight answer (unlikely) we'd get the straight shit.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I think the only difference any more is between which lobbyists contributed to who's campain

shep

Local alcoholic
ReiMeishin said:
True, but I'll bet that if the enduring public demands a straight answer (unlikely) we'd get the straight shit.
They would never give a straight answer to a question or that would make them commited.So if they beat around the bush and nothing is done on that topic they can say "i never said that".No commitment's,less problems or so they think.

tzedek

Original Member
MaxPower said:
It would actually be pretty cool to see a Q&A session between candidates, where all they are allowed to say is “yes” or “no”.
It would be entertaining to watch both Bush and Kerry squirm.

that would be awesome... too bad it will never hapen. thats just how politics is, if it wasnt then it wouldnt be politics.