WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gives you something to think about.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Its an interesting piece... brings to mind some interesting points... but are we too far gone for these changes??

Some good points- yes.
Are we too far gone for these changes?- some but not all.

The problem is that there isn't enough people willing to do anything to fix these issues. Most just worry about their own lives. People will see things on the news or in papers and will think,"damn, at least it's not me". Damn near everyone is guilty of it, I'll admit I am. There will always be someone to fuck things up. Therefore the world will never be perfect. All people can do is try and make it better.

2233boys

Yes you are!
It was nice, full of nice idealistic dreams. The problem is not enough people want that, too many are fine with their hate, too many people are corrupt. Humans aren’t wired that way, we all have a sin nature and all of us succumb to those desires most not to the level of depravity. The best I can say is to live your life without hate, judgment, immoral behavior, etc., and at least we have a start.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Martin Luther King once said "We must live togheter as brothers or we will die alone as idiots" or something like that. But we can't live togheter as brothers if 20% of the planet uses 80% of the ressources. In case you haven't got my point, capitalism and neo-liberalism will never lead to world peace, period.

Interesting

I don't think its the case that not enough people want this - I think it's that everyone wants this but we're all butting heads trying to do something about it.

Our governments and the rulers of our countries are all (supposedly) trying to resolve these issues and are trying to make our lands safer, healthier, more prosperous and economical but unfortunately its at everyone elses expense.

We all want a peaceful world - No more worries about when the next bomb will drop or who will start the next world war. The worst of it is that if one country tries to take charge and liberate the world of such things, other countries want a piece of the action too.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
We all want a peaceful world, yes.. But that doesn´t work if people are not willing to sacrifice their own personal gain. As long as people can be categorised to the rich and the poor, the "big" and the "little" such progress cant happen. There will never be equality. There just cant be.
If every single person on earth had the same chances, same possibilities, the world would seize to excist.

See that would mean more pollution. Every mans ecological "box" would become bigger. Earth cant handle that much "good-standard-of-living". It barely succeeds now..

It would also mean that some humans would have to give out their power. That too is quite impossible to even think of.

Thinking other people are as valuable as yourself would also mean the loss of thinkin yourself as superior. Man´s driven by the fact that him/herself is better than others.

Mankind is too jealous.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I think it would be possible for everyone to live good without harming nature but ONLY if the world population would be like 10 times less.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
YUCK FOU!!! said:
that bored the shit outa me
Sorry if it bored the shit out of you, but don't shit up my thread in here with that lame ass post. If you got something to say, flame this else where, this is not B&T.

Thank You!

Now, I thought it was interesting and thought you guys might like it and want to post your opinions on the video...(not short ass posts like Yuck).

bnccoder

Postaholic
NaughtyGirl21 said:
Sorry if it bored the shit out of you, but don't shit up my thread in here with that lame ass post. If you got something to say, flame this else where, this is not B&T.

Thank You!

Now, I thought it was interesting and thought you guys might like it and want to post your opinions on the video...(not short ass posts like Yuck).
Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
NaughtyGirl21 said:

Thank You!

You do realize that he DID post his opinion right? I mean he may not agree with you but his post was actually ON topic. He posted his thoughts about the video. So you more or less shit on your own thread.

But, just so I too can stay on topic. My thoughts on the video: boring. It was like watching one of those comercials to "adopt" a kid in some poor country for less than a dollar a day.

you know that's exactly how i feel about the world today. It's just that...people are too asshole-ish and too full of pride for themselves and their stupid little country to do anything about the wars. they need to get over it; these countries don't physically exist, they're just little lines drawn up by a bunch of retarded politicians.

eclipse8530

soory to piss you off
I thought that the video was vary interresting. I dont beleive that there will ever be peice because the government (all of them not just the US) make to much fucking money from war. and war is also a way to egual out the populatoin. And if we did go to space and populate there we would just fuck that up too. But it was a good flick any how.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
We need to be attack from creatures from outer space to realize we are all the same. Then we will work together to defend earth. Once we succeed, we will go back to the same bull shit. Well, there is another way. But you people wouldn't understand it.

Descent

Hella Constipated

You're fucked! These Shivan bastards will kill us all with their fancy spacecraft and shit!

Oh, and by the way, ChileanFuckFace, the Alien Attack idea would not work. You see, we have this little thing called "religion" and "politics."

If you want to see my point, play FreeSpace 1 and 2. I mention it all the time for a reason - It sums up all the bullshit in the universe, from genocide to corruption, and even religious fanatical terrorism, in two games. The third will hopefully be released before I die...

I actually thought the universe was a beautiful place until I beat the first one, and saw 8 BILLION CIVILIANS killed over NOTHING...Granted, they were Vasudans, but we almost lost the war at that point.

They died in a matter of hours.

Oh, and also, the concept of a Super Destroyer that is pretty much unbeatable until it is about to pummel Planet Earth is a scary one too...

The cutscenes explain it all...Actually, I'm probobly going to upload them later...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:

I actually thought the universe was a beautiful place until I beat the first one, and saw 8 BILLION CIVILIANS killed over NOTHING...Granted, they were Vasudans, but we almost lost the war at that point.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you do realize that video games aren't real right? And that they are pretty much not an answer to anything? Right?

Deep breath and repeat after me "Video games do not equal reality. Reality is what I see when I'm not looking at a computer. Video games are not real."

Yeah i was wondering what you were thinking descent...video games tend to over exaggerate things. (IE age of empires, it's not that easy to build buildings with one person, and counterstrike, you can't survive 8 shots to the chest and not die.)