WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

gmail and outlook express?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Hey just got a quick question... Does anyone know of a way to use the outlook express windows program to access a gmail account?

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
not possible, but i believe there is a program called popgmail that works like that.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Hypertron said:
not possible, but i believe there is a program called popgmail that works like that.

actually it is.. i just figured out the way to do it.. i found a help page on gmail that lead me to it.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
swizeguy said:
Hey just got a quick question... Does anyone know of a way to use the outlook express windows program to access a gmail account?
you need to change your SMTP port and enable SSL. Or just use the gmail auto-configuration

POP Mail config help

Also make sure in your gmail account settings, you have the radio button labled "Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)" checked off.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
swizeguy said:
actually it is.. i just figured out the way to do it.. i found a help page on gmail that lead me to it.
shit how do you do it then i could never figure it out

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I personaly like my G-mail account.

(random reply...)

what is everyone else thoughts on it.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
_Kitana_ said:
I personaly like my G-mail account.

(random reply...)

what is everyone else thoughts on it.

No one can beat gmail. Hotmail and Yahoo cannot compete.

I personally like it because you have to be invited in. I feel like I am a free mason, or something. :thumbsup:

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
i had a friend tell me the other day that his yahoo account was better than my gmail b/c he has a gig too, correct me if im mistaken but dosn't yahoo only have 100 meg?

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
i had a friend tell me the other day that his yahoo account was better than my gmail b/c he has a gig too, correct me if im mistaken but dosn't yahoo only have 100 meg?
As far as Iknow, it's not on their free accounts. You can buy pop access and mailbox space from Yahoo. I did it for a while, because it's pretty cheap ($15/yr) and you can use your own domain.

I only use Gmail now though, even my domain mail is forwarded to that account. I can still check all my accounts from the web, or Outlook/Evolution.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
swizeguy said:
There´s actually a link in your gmail control panel that tells you exactly how to do it. Anybody who tells you it´s not possible is a tard. I did it on my box back home.