WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gmail gets POP and forwarding

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.google.com/gmail/help/whatsnew.html

Just launched!

It's your mail. You should be able to choose how and where you read it. Access your mail the way you want to, with free POP access and automatic forwarding. You can even switch to other email services without having to worry about losing access to your messages. Think of it as email portability.

* Free POP access
Download your messages. Read them offline. Use your Blackberry or Outlook or just the good ol' web.

* Free automatic forwarding
Forward new incoming messages to any email account you specify.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
OOOOOHHHHHHH!! 1,000 megabytes....

Descent

Hella Constipated
Does it use port 25?

If so, I'm going to be REALLY fucking pissed at Cablevision, because they blocked this beloved port "to prevent spam."

FUCK YOU CABLEVISION! FUCKING SUCK MY DICK!

*Shotgun charging heard in the background*

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, Charter does that too. I have to use their smtp server to send mail for both of my domains and now Gmail. Blocking my ability to use a mail server that I pay for hasn't kept spam out of my box either.:rolleyes:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I have actually been quite impressed with gmail sense I started using it. I use that more now than my .mil email (which I fucking hate anyway)

They only thng I am leary of are the keyword scans for their "personalized" ads, but it is the internet, so it's not like I expect 100% privacy anyway. lol ...