WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

GO!! Techies!!

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
A developer in Tokyo has created an add-on for Vodafone handsets that's meant to be used as a night filter to let people take pictures with their phones in the dark.

Unfortunately, the night vision camera has an unexpected side effect, according to Japanese developer Yamada Denshi. In the right circumstances, it allows users to see a lot more than they bargained for.

As well as taking snaps in the dark, the Yamada Denshi infrared filter apparently sees through people's clothes.

The problem arises because the filter uses the distribution of heat to create its pictures. When attached to a high-end camera, the filter can see though certain kinds of clothing and is reportedly particularly effective on dark bikinis.

The handset most often used with the filter--the V602-SH--is only available in Japan.

A Vodafone spokeswoman confirmed that the Peeping Tom accessory isn't a problem outside of Japan. She added that because Yamada Denshi is a third-party supplier, Vodafone's control is limited. "They are not an approved third party," she said.

"We would never go to market with a phone with any kind of capacity to see people naked," she said.

Camera phones have long prompted fears of voyeurism, leading several gyms to ban them to prevent people from using them to take inappropriate pictures.

Voyeurism with camera phones became such a problem in South Korea that the government ruled that phones must make a noise when pictures are taken.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yep.

Where have we heard this before...?

*COUGH*SONY CAMCORDER LENS*COUGH*

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm sorry Broken. You took this the wrong way...I wasn't insulting your article, I was just saying that this has happened before, and will continue to happen until the technology is near-perfect.

No hard feelings, okay?

Broken

Easy man, my reply was actually a jab. It's not like it’s possible that I can read every thread on WTF, or catch every headline on every news page. Just stumbled over it and thought it was worth sharing. I usually don't cut and paste for this reason.

tzedek

Original Member
no flaming outside of the b&t please... just kidding... get a room you two

Broken

tzedek said:
no flaming outside of the b&t please... just kidding... get a room you two
Don't get all Jealous. You can have a see through phone as well. I am sending you a coupon.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Broken said:
It's not like it’s possible that I can read every thread on WTF, or catch every headline on every news page.
Well don't let it happen again! :)

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Yes, I've heard of this, its been around for quite a while but never before on a cell phone. It requires a filter that takes out all light except for the kind that takes the "x-ray" picture.

Who needs X Ray

IF you wanna see naked chicks, all you need to do is pay the campus security guard $50.00 to open the female locker room. Hide a couple tiny wireless video cameras from X10 and you can have streaming real-time soft core in your dorm room whenever the ladies are around. Put it on a digital recorder and you can have a variable TiVo of naked college girls ready for you whenever you want!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Broken said:
It's not like it’s possible that I can read every thread on WTF, or catch every headline on every news page.
Unmotivated slacker. ;)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
princeton said:
IF you wanna see naked chicks, all you need to do is pay the campus security guard $50.00 to open the female locker room. Hide a couple tiny wireless video cameras from X10 and you can have streaming real-time soft core in your dorm room whenever the ladies are around. Put it on a digital recorder and you can have a variable TiVo of naked college girls ready for you whenever you want!
Yea man that would be cool!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

.............................................Or you can go get yourself a girlfriend.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
princeton said:

Sounds a little excessive on the wallet considering you can get lots of free bang flicks on kazaa fo'free :p

s1mpl3

Fresh Meat
Kazza suks......ne ways this is prolly a bs article as the photos prolly look like shit...its like those poeple who say that they see ghosts in their pictures most the time the dumbfucks didn't realize that something in the picture was fucked up and then ohhh god its a ghost. but hey what do i know maybe we do have x-ray cellphones now....ill buy one