WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines God A Woman?

For starters, I'm agnostic, and so whenever people talk about religion I'm always the one sitting on the fence...
The other day, two of my friends had an explosive argument regarding religion and God. One of them believed in the Christian representation of God, and the other thought that God could be a woman. It's interesting actually, how images of a particular thing can drill it's way into your mind. Whenever I thought of God, I'd imagine an old man with a long white beard, sitting on a cloud. But why is it, that when I think of God in a female form, I think of a young attractive woman?
Stereotypes can really get to you...
Female- Super hot with big tits, Male- aged with wisdom. That's how stereotypical people think, an old bearded man has gained wisdom, an old woman is just a hag, so better make her young and hot.

So if there is a God... What would you think he/she/it would look like?

Maybe God is chimp.... We'll never know..
:confuse:

Cutter

College Punk
im with ya with the old man with a beard with a deep voice, but with the Colonel Sanders on his right side popping popcorn chicken in gods mouth. and god says "you gotta tell me these 13 secret spices bub"

Personally, I don't think God has a specific gender. Whenever I use the pronoun for God I always say He, but that's just because it's simpler. If I had to choose a gender for God and the Devil, I'd say God is a man and the Devil is a woman.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Who said they cant be neither? Maybe God is a hermaphrodite. Or simply something we dont understand yet.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
tiger_86 said:
Personally, I don't think God has a specific gender. Whenever I use the pronoun for God I always say He, but that's just because it's simpler. If I had to choose a gender for God and the Devil, I'd say God is a man and the Devil is a woman.
i agree with you, i think god is an entity, not a being. or if he is a being he is much different than us. saying he, or He is only because it takes more time to say He or She.

i also agree with the stereotype thing: if god is a man he is old and wise. if he is a woman she is young, and attractive, but still wise.

if god had to take a gender though god would HAVE to be a woman. god is the creator and god also gave woman the power to create. if god has a gender she would be a woman because she created woman in her image. she gave them the power to create.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
You say "he" because it is more accustomed... In french, if its a group of guys with one girl, its Ils (he[plural]) or if its a group of girls with one guy, its still Ils... It has to be pure feminine to be Elles (she[plural])

God would be represented as an Il (singular masculine) even if he had no gender at all (which is very possible) ...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I can picture an old wise woman god, and a young man god.

Shrug. I don't think of a man or a woman when I think of god, just of a type of radiant light...

bnccoder

Postaholic
I would like to think that it would be like Jebus, Jesus with a joint in his mouth, but ya. It would probably be a man, but you never know. If he is eternal wouldn't it serve that he would stay young?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
on second thought god would have to be a man. who else would make something like earth and then just get too lazy to keep up with it.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Captain Pseudo said:
For starters, I'm agnostic, and so whenever people talk about religion I'm always the one sitting on the fence...
The other day, two of my friends had an explosive argument regarding religion and God. One of them believed in the Christian representation of God, and the other thought that God could be a woman. It's interesting actually, how images of a particular thing can drill it's way into your mind. Whenever I thought of God, I'd imagine an old man with a long white beard, sitting on a cloud. But why is it, that when I think of God in a female form, I think of a young attractive woman?
Stereotypes can really get to you...
Female- Super hot with big tits, Male- aged with wisdom. That's how stereotypical people think, an old bearded man has gained wisdom, an old woman is just a hag, so better make her young and hot.

So if there is a God... What would you think he/she/it would look like?

Maybe God is chimp.... We'll never know..
:confuse:
Jesus or god??

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
he's agnostic so technically jesus isnt really god for him.

besides i think it's a clear cut case that jesus is a guy

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I dont think God as a he or a she. (Actually I dont think God as anything but a "state-of-mind" as I´m atheistic).
If I were to describe God, I´d describe it as dense energy. Kinda what Einstein was after in his "theory of everything" (not sure about the spelling, translated it straightly from finnish "Kaiken Teoria").

But in my atheistic mind God is just a force that helps people to cope with everyday problems. It´s easier when you haver something "bigger" to believe in. It also gives you motivation to live well. (hell, heaven and all that)

People often think of God as painted by Michelangelo. Appearance copied from a certain Roman God you might have heard.
Zeus.
This is still in no means odd, as Christianity has copied a lot from other religions and cultures (christmas, Genesis etc...)

RetArt said:
People often think of God as painted by Michelangelo. Appearance copied from a certain Roman God you might have heard.
Zeus.
This is still in no means odd, as Christianity has copied a lot from other religions and cultures (christmas, Genesis etc...)
The painting was probably done that way because somewhere in the Bible or something there's a rule saying that we aren't allowed to draw/paint/whatever a picture of God. Or I might have just heard that somewhere and be losing it. *shrugs* I always believed it because in any picture you see of God blessing America or whatnot you only see these glowing arms coming down from the sky.

R

RedOctober

God must be a woman because what she created is a terrible mess, and has no logic at all. :woot:

bnccoder

Postaholic
Has to be a woman because she crated a man first. A man would have created a woman.

Jung

???
Premium
God is a mythical character in a folk tale. Adults who have imaginary friends are just scary.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
(If there is a God) It isn't something you could see.