WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

God Damn NHL Strike

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
223
0
0
#1
WTF happened to fucking hockey? First of all my favorite team sucks ass now, although i'm still a loyal fan. Everybody and their brother got traded. Ticket prices were supposed to go down, and didn't. So basically im just pissed and needed to vent, that is all:mad:
 

tw33k

Theoretical Realist
146
0
0
#2
Could be worse, you could be a Blackhawks fan like me
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#4
Hockey is better than ever. Sure the ticket prices may not have gone down, but the quality of the product sure went up. Scoring is up, end to end hockey is up, fighting is down, and the league is generating positive reviews.

Not only that, the new salary structure hasn't been hurting "older" teams as much as originally thought. Take the Red Wings for example. Geriatric, and still leading the the division.

Love that hockey feeling. Bring on the Cup. Please.

Love, an Islander fan.
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#5
tw33k said:
Could be worse, you could be a Blackhawks fan like me
im a chicago fan......:(
bulls :(
cubs :(
sox and bears :)
fires :happysad:
blackhawks :(
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#6
dude, you cant like the white sox AND the cubs. Thats like... sacreligious.
 

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
1,415
0
0
#7
well im more of a sox fan...my first game was when i was 5 with my dad.....i remeber it, against the red sox. *sigh* those father and son moments are wonderful when you come to think of it. Now our father and son moments are when he is teaching me computer science.

but i don hate the cubs. When they do good, i feel happy. When they were in the playoffs, i felt happy for them. Im a TRUE chicago fan.I support all its sports teams.
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#8
WOAH! Wait a second! Stop right there, let me get a screenshot of this....
SOMEBODY LIKES HOCKEY?
 
4,149
2
0
#9
tbsrk said:
Hockey is better than ever. Sure the ticket prices may not have gone down, but the quality of the product sure went up. Scoring is up, end to end hockey is up, fighting is down, and the league is generating positive reviews.
Are you serious?! The change in rules brings the quality down. Scoring going up is not a good thing. The getting rid of the center line and making the goalie's pads smaller makes this less of a skillful game, IMO. I like it better when the players have to work for their goals instead of having them handed to them.
And yes, OmegaZeto, there are people that like hockey. Hockey is THE sport. It's faster paced and just plain awesome to watch.
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#10
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out!
 
4,149
2
0
#11
OmegaZeto said:
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out!
*yawn* That's an old one and not very true (at least not of St. Louis games unless they're against Detroit, Chicago, or San Jose).
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#12
tiger_86 said:
Are you serious?! The change in rules brings the quality down. Scoring going up is not a good thing. The getting rid of the center line and making the goalie's pads smaller makes this less of a skillful game, IMO. I like it better when the players have to work for their goals instead of having them handed to them.
And yes, OmegaZeto, there are people that like hockey. Hockey is THE sport. It's faster paced and just plain awesome to watch.
I'm dead serious. Have you watched any of the games this season? They are more exciting, faster paced, with more breakaways, less stoppage time, and no more god damn ties.

Attendence is up on average 3,000 people per arena, which speaks volumes about the quality of the new game. I think getting rid of the center line and making the goalies pads smaller makes it MORE of a skillful game. No longer can golies rely on their huge freakin pads to make a save. They're now going to have to be in correct position, with adquete side to side moves. Before, they could just stick a pad out.

Getting rid of the 2-line pass opens the game up immensly. Now we don't have to suffer through anymore of those awful neutral zone traps.

The one final thing I'd still like to see implimented is automatic icing. Olympics style. You ice that puck, thats it, whistle blows. It'll make the game even faster.

Overall I rate the new NHL an A. I couldn't be happier with the way it's turned out.

Bottom line is, the game is back. And that's what really matters.
 

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
713
0
0
#13
tiger_86 said:
*yawn* That's an old one and not very true (at least not of St. Louis games unless they're against Detroit, Chicago, or San Jose).
*yawn* yes *yawn* i agree *yawn* it's very *yawn* old
about *yawn* as old *yawn* as Rodney Dangerfield *yawn* the originator *yawn* of that *yawn* quote.

*yawn*loser*yawn*