WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

god damn parents

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
Alright so my parents suck, hard. Last night they called me home at about 9 o'clock, except i didnt get there until about 9:40. They called for they wanted to talk to me about my new job, and how i need to show up there an hour early. On top of making me come home from my girls house they then ground me for being late, which sucks so much dick because first of all im 19 and theyre grounding me and second i cant go to a concert that i had tickets for tonight. :mfinger:

People=Shit

Infected by Marburg
First off, you could have just posted here. But, that really blows that you still get grounded when you are 19. But at least you have a home that your parents will allow you in, half the time I have to spend the night at other people's houses because my parents won't even let me come in the house.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
People, that fucking sucks. My boyfriend was in the same situation a couple of years ago. That's why he's been living with me for two years now and he's only 17.

el crotcho, really blows about the concert. But like People said, at least you've got a place to stay.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
el crotcho said:
Alright so my parents suck, hard. Last night they called me home at about 9 o'clock, except i didnt get there until about 9:40. They called for they wanted to talk to me about my new job, and how i need to show up there an hour early. On top of making me come home from my girls house they then ground me for being late, which sucks so much dick because first of all im 19 and theyre grounding me and second i cant go to a concert that i had tickets for tonight. :mfinger:
If your being grounded at 19, I think you should look to solve your problems from within.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Skitch0o0 said:
If your being grounded at 19, I think you should look to solve your problems from within.

Umm, Some people live at home rather than getting kicked out at 18, like others.
I'm going to stay at home until i'm through with school, unless of course I go to a college->university transfer outside of canada in which case I won't be able to stay at home... Point is, You can get grounded at any age, as long as you're still abiding by your parent's rules...

if you haven't trained your parents into a state of functional mutual respect by now, you have seriously got your work cut out for you. (and yes, the key word is MUTUAL) Unless you are doing some seriously crazy shit and completely fucking up their mojo, why the hell should they ground you at 19? Maybe you can work out a deal where they just spank you or take a pint of blood instead. Makes about as much sense as being grounded at 19. Man that is harsh. Good luck, dude.

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
Really you shouldn't be complaining about how your parents are grounding you and such. You're 19, right? You're sick of having to do what your parents ask you to do?
Answer: Move out. Find your own place. Just don't get a roomate unless you're 100% sure he/she won't be a douche.

Man, el crotcho, that's rough. I'm sure my dad would do it too, though. *sighs* You should have stayed here. ;)

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
A follow up, Im not actually grounded anymore, because my parents realized that they cant do shit to inforce it. :thumbsup: Although i did miss the concert. :thumbsdn: And on another note, im working on moving out, I finally have job that pays enough :thumbsup:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
el crotcho said:
I finally have job that pays enough :thumbsup:
Whatever the amount is, it is never enough. You will move out and be free from your parents, but you won't have any money to go to the concerts. Unless you are irresponsible and pay rent late. Then you will eventually get kicked out and be back with your parents. With no money and them bitching at you louder than ever.