WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe God? is there? isn't there? my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieness

Fresh Meat
i have been wanting to get this off my chest for YEARS so here it goes. all the time i'm ridiculed because of my beliefs, or "non-beliefs" when it comes to religion. so all i have to say is, give me PROOF a god exists, and i will worship all day everyday. as for the bible? in my opinion, its nonsense. who the hell knows who REALLY wrote it? if i wrote a book today that said there was a magical chipmunk at the bottom of the ocean and it was discovered thousands or millions of years later in life would or should people believe it, with no proof supporting my statements and "stories" of this magical chipmunk? i mean COME ON? and church is a bunch of malarkey too. y should i sit in a building and listen to someone tell me how to worship a god they have no "personal" relationship with? they don't speak to god. they don't see god, so y in the world should i take their word? i without a doubt believe if there is some type of god this god would be very disappointed in all these religions. making up stories. saying what god does and doesn't do without REALLY knowing. WHAT god would be proud of that? its outrageous these religions, and for people to look down on others for thinking this way(because i am not the only one) is quite hypocritical. i thought "no one can judge u but god himself"? yet the same Christians who spew that garbage judge all the time? especially when it comes to sexuality. "god loves all his children" as long as their not gay though huh? i mean WTF? contradictions contradictions CONTRADICTIONS! i could go on forever with all the contradictions in these religions!

so with that said
who has an opinion on this subject because i would LOVE to hear it. seriously.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Why do we need God? Can we not stand on our own?

No. We cannot. A fairy-tale happy ending is what helps us to sleep at night. Knowing that a 'mommy' figure is going to continue changing our diapers well into the next.

Know what helps me sleep at night?

Vodka.

GEHT ON THE POTATO OF LIFE!

zombieness

Fresh Meat
Why do we need God? Can we not stand on our own?

No. We cannot. A fairy-tale happy ending is what helps us to sleep at night. Knowing that a 'mommy' figure is going to continue changing our diapers well into the next.

Vodka.

i'll "AMEN" to THAT

EvilDadII

"Squeaky" clean

Vodka.

Reminds me of that scene in Conan the Alcoholic (1982 version):
Conan: What gods do you pray to?
Subotai: I pray to the Four Roses... and you?
Conan: To Absolut... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen.

• 2Like
Reactions: MaxPower and gehtfuct

Avidity

Definitaly not an illuminati agent. Move along.
Religion is predominantly based on faith. To judge how a god is by the actions of his people isn't always an accurate view. Humans are inherently fallible and thus susceptible to falling short on their god's commands. Is this right or fair? Probably not.

In the end, the skewed views of a diety can cause corruption and fracturing of a faith. In the end, who knows what's after this? Personally I use a modified Pascal's Wager and Kierkegaard's Leap of Faith (though admittedly I'm still stuck on that part). Beyond this, I frankly don't care what a person believes or doesn't. All I care about is the greater good and the never ending quest to actualize this.

Masquerade

Banned - What an Asshat!
restaurant.jpg

I often feel as if God, assuming He does exist, has a mentality towards the human race very similar to this man toward "you".

Jugular

volatile
I'm going to start a religion based on the dream man in rub1out's avatar. That man is not actually God, but the devil, and you should smoke weed to get a deeper sleep so he doesn't enter your dreams. I've already discussed this with friends. Expect to see some brochures.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Let me save us all time:

Religious people: I believe in god, here's some weird psuedo-arguments as to why but when I get pressed on them, I will fall back on notions of faith.

Atheists: *Yawn* You're a faggot and we're smarter than you.

Religious people: No way, man, there are tons of smart religious people!

Farceur: Yeah! I mean, I admire Kierkagaard! Please validate my choice to study philosophy by acknowledging how smart and awesome I am! Guys?

Religious people: I'll pretend I know who that is.

53V3N: *posts .gif or .jpg.*

Awaken: *dick joke*

Jung: *Smart-Guy shit that Farceur and Awaken ineviteably likes*

Religious person: "Here's my incoherent rebuttal and some obscured flaming!"

*Moderator comes by and locks thread. In the olden days the Religious person/people were usually the Moderator who would come by and lock the thing. *cough* DG *cough*

/thread

EvilDadII

"Squeaky" clean
In joining this site I feel I've found religion.

Here's who I pray to lately:
Jason and Brit - God
Farceur and Jung - Holy Spirit
Taylor_Blade - Jesus
Lioness - Mary
gehtfuct and MaxPower - Archangels
COA, Bitch, Jane Deere, BrIONwoshMunky - supporting angels

And of course there's
Premium members - Apostles (53V3N is Peter)

• 1Like
Reactions: Lioness

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
Your lack of literacy could be proof that there is no god at all. How's that for religion.

thekid65

Walking the PG-13 line
In joining this site I feel I've found religion.

Here's who I pray to lately:
Jason and Brit - God
Farceur and Jung - Holy Spirit
Taylor_Blade - Jesus
Lioness - Mary
gehtfuct and MaxPower - Archangels
COA, Bitch, Jane Deere, BrIONwoshMunky - supporting angels

And of course there's
Premium members - Apostles (53V3N is Peter)
In the words of the late Saddam Hussein...That is the mother of all ass-kissing posts

• 1Like
  • 1LOL
Reactions: TheVnl865 and EvilDadII
Status
Not open for further replies.